Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rash all over my upper body !

Hey , everyone

I am 10 days Post op. The day after surgery I noticed two little red spots in my belly next to my incisions, I didn't make anything of it cause they were not bothering me .

But as the days have gone by , I have rash like spots all over my body . I had read in my discharged paper from hospital ( to go ER or contact doctor if i developed a rash).

They don't itch or burn anything like that , the rash is just there. Has anybody have experience something like this? I am devating if i should go to the ER or just wait till Monday to call my surgeon? Ohhh..... forgot to mention my diet is pure liquid. broth vaggie, Clear Protein, Water, Jello. So it cant be food allergies.

The rash could be petechiae (pinpoint bleeding), or some other significant issue. Please go to the ER.

You could also be having a reaction to meds or something else related to surgery. Get checked out---I had a similar issue for a different surgery and ended up covered in hives and on prednisone for 2 weeks. Turns out I was allergic to the antibiotics and painkillers they had given me.

And a 3rd possible problem you, like myself, could,be allergic to the Hibicleanse they insist you bathe,in prior to surgery. Don't know what will happen before my fervently desired RnY next month!😪

I got sleeved on the 23rd. And started my self injections of Lovenox on the 24th. This past weekend, I had a rash/hives on my stomach near the injections sites. I called my doctor, and he said to stop the Lovenox (I was only 4 shots from being done.) Still itchy, but seems to be not as angry red. Seeing my doctor tomorrow. Hoping this goes away soon. I read Lovenox stays in your system for 12-36 hours after taking it. I think you should call your doctor. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks Everyone !

I have an appointment with my surgeon on Wednesday morning . Will definitely keep you posted of what he says is wrong with me . I can't just fijure out what can it be , since i am doing only clear liquid.

Let us know how it goes. You could also have a Keto rash from lack of carbs I had that and it was pretty annoying. My tongue was white too, which is another keto thing. It goes away as you start having some carbs

Hey everyone !

Turns out it was a Keto rash !!! My surgeon had me on stage 1 for too long three weeks , my body was reacting to no carbs . I am starting tommorow 06/13/2018 stage 2 ....puree foods 🙌.

I was literally starving 😓. My rash has Been going away almost completely. Thanks everyone for your support!!!

I got a rash too. But I left the hospital with it, they think I had a reaction to the sticky film they cover your belly with when they do surgery. Mine stayed with me for two weeks...all gone now. I was sleeved May 14 and I am happy to say that I am almost in Onederland! Weighed in at 200 lbs this morning! I was 250 at Christmas, 232 when I began my pre-op diet and 226 the day of surgery...color me happy!

Thanks Everyone !
I have an appointment with my surgeon on Wednesday morning . Will definitely keep you posted of what he says is wrong with me . I can't just fijure out what can it be , since i am doing only clear liquid.
Omg...I'm going through this.

Live...Love...Laugh [emoji3]

On 6/2/2018 at 10:32 PM, Rebecca Zaragoza said:

Hey , everyone

I am 10 days Post op. The day after surgery I noticed two little red spots in my belly next to my incisions, I didn't make anything of it cause they were not bothering me .

But as the days have gone by , I have rash like spots all over my body . I had read in my discharged paper from hospital ( to go ER or contact doctor if i developed a rash).

They don't itch or burn anything like that , the rash is just there. Has anybody have experience something like this? I am devating if i should go to the ER or just wait till Monday to call my surgeon? Ohhh..... forgot to mention my diet is pure liquid. broth vaggie, Clear Protein, Water, Jello. So it cant be food allergies.

YES!! This exact same thing happened to me. I was told it was either an allergic reaction to 1) the carafate u was taking 2) the surgical glue or 3) the sutures. I took some liquid Benadryl and stopped taking the carafate and it went away. Now, I am not sure which of those were the culprit (if any), but it was definitely weird. I suggest following your docs instructions. Better safe than sorry.

**clearly I didn’t read the whole thread before I responded 😒. Glad you are A-ok.

Edited by ReshapingRenae
Misread