Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Gastric Sleevers 300 pounds or less before surgery lose 100 pounds afterwards?

On 06/02/2018 at 04:44, Beta98 said:

I find it hard to find 100 pound success stories among Gastric Sleeve's that were at 300 or less on surgery day. I have found people that loss 100 but they loss 25 or more pre surgery for the 100 total. I'm looking for 300 pounds or less people those that lost at least 100 pounds after surgery. My doctor say I can expect to lose about 100 - 120 pounds after surgery if I stick to the plan.. but I don't believe it because I can't find any GS people that have done it. So if you did it please post so I can be encouraged and believe it is possible, thanks!

Look up raynay05 she did it!

31 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

I hope it’s possible. I’m only 4 mons post op and lost 100lbs so far. If I stop now, I’ll be grossly disappointed.

you are doing fantastic! you will make it!

I had surgery end of August and lost 107 lbs. I was 267 and got down to 160. However, I’m about to gain 20-50 lbs on steroids. That’s fun.

Anyway, it can happen. My doctor claims I have 25 lbs to go but my friends say they’ll send me to eating disorder treatment. I wear a size 25 at the gap!

10 minutes ago, KateBruin said:

I had surgery end of August and lost 107 lbs. I was 267 and got down to 160. However, I’m about to gain 20-50 lbs on steroids. That’s fun.

Anyway, it can happen. My doctor claims I have 25 lbs to go but my friends say they’ll send me to eating disorder treatment. I wear a size 25 at the gap!

Thanks for the info! I have an autoimmune illness so I might can help you on the steroid gain. Yes steroids can put weight on you, change the shape of your face, eyes etc. I know because I was on them for brace yourself.... SIX YEARS.... it threw me into Cushings Disease. Fortunately I have been mostly off of them for the past 7 years but I'm still carrying that weight. Occasionally I have to take them for about a week or so and one off the things I have learned to do is prep my house before starting them. Get rid of ALL carbs and stick mostly to Protein and veggies. Have plenty of green apples around for crunchiness in the middle of the night (they are lower in natural sugar than red apples). Drink plenty of Water to push the Fluid out of your body. These tips might help it be a 5 pound vs 25 pound gain... good luck!

On 06/02/2018 at 10:43, MiltonP said:

Hi,

im 89 pounds out in 2 months and 28 days, it is posible I’ve been going to the gym 5 days a week and sticking to my diet and new way of life I had what I thought was an unrealistic goal of 100 pounds in 3 months guess I’ll be short 10 pounds btw I was 300 pounds when I went into surgery on March 5 I’m 211 today

What is your exercise routine like? I want to start exercising more but I’m really struggling with low energy post surgery.

On 06/03/2018 at 10:04, N Kane said:

In down exactly 100 lbs. Was 278 at highest 261 day if surgery I'm now 178 lbs. I went from a size 22 pants to a 12 in 7 months 2XX shirts to a medium. Sleeved 10/26/17

Sw 278

Cw 179

Gw 150

Sleeved 10/26/2017

We have similar stats, my SW was 262. Do you feel like any variable in particular has helped you towards your goal, so far?

I had surgery at 239- I only did the liquids pre op for 4 days- in 5’9 ( on a good day). I lost 10lbs before but I count them since it was a short time frame- I had bypass on March 26th- I’m currently 188lbs! Don’t think you won’t lose- you will! My body has done a complete 180 and knows what I can eat and how much! Trust me- it happens! My goal is 160lbs but would’ve happy at 145! Just came back from vacation in the Bahamas- I felt great in a swimsuit and didn’t get worn out from all the walking we did!

This thread is interesting. My doc and nutritionist are aiming for me to lose around 10lbs per months (after the initial 20lbs in my surgery month). So that means just over three months in, I've lost over 40lbs. If this continues for another 6-8 months, I could be down around 120 lbs, which would get me to the top range of acceptable BMI. But it sounds like a lot of people replying here are losing like MONSTERS right out of the gate, and then aiming to maintain a lot earlier in the cycle?

Kind of wondering about the variables here. Are others getting different advice from their docs? Mine basically said around 1000 cals a day, stick to leaner stuff and a list of advised foods, but generally start eating normal content (not quantity). To lose 30lbs a month I would've had to be nearly all-liquid (we were on soft foods about 2 weeks out).

Are other gastric sleevers getting advice to lose as much as possible at the beginning?

Edited by sideeye

On 06/09/2018 at 17:48, bensmomclark said:

I had surgery at 239- I only did the liquids pre op for 4 days- in 5’9 ( on a good day). I lost 10lbs before but I count them since it was a short time frame- I had bypass on March 26th- I’m currently 188lbs! Don’t think you won’t lose- you will! My body has done a complete 180 and knows what I can eat and how much! Trust me- it happens! My goal is 160lbs but would’ve happy at 145! Just came back from vacation in the Bahamas- I felt great in a swimsuit and didn’t get worn out from all the walking we did!
This makes me happy. I am 5’9 my surgery weight was 221 I worry my weight loss would be slower because of the lower BMI

Hello...I started at 321 preop...Doctor did not require diet...To date I have lost 100lbs...My anniversary date will be next Tuesday 6/19...Object of the game, when you start feeling full, STOP EATING!...It can be done if you follow the diet...I have not always followed the diet...I've eaten fried food, but in moderation...Most times, meats are grilled, broiled, or stewed...I eat what I want, and am still losing weight...However, I have lost it slowly to which I am happy...I do not have sagging skin...Best wishes to you...

Was 210 before surgery... diet before and after...many stalls since two mos....been four and half mos...only went to 169 -keeping with plan....weight loss slow. Went from size 20 to 16'''almost 14 pants....tight. Frustrated about lack of lbs....Also I dont eat meat....fish and seafood...a few whole grain crackers...sweet potato occasionally....

Stopped needing insulin...etc. Happy but afraid I won't lose forty more.....

10 hours ago, sideeye said:

Kind of wondering about the variables here. Are others getting different advice from their docs? Mine basically said around 1000 cals a day, stick to leaner stuff and a list of advised foods, but generally start eating normal content (not quantity). To lose 30lbs a month I would've had to be nearly all-liquid (we were on soft foods about 2 weeks out).

Are other gastric sleevers getting advice to lose as much as possible at the beginning?

My loss has been quite fast (I think) for a post-menopausal woman. I'm 3.5 months out and down 52 since surgery. But I'm not tolerating any solid Protein except fish and so I'm really still in the soft foods stage: lots of yogurt, Soup, stews. It is a big day for me to hit 800 calories, I've only hit 1000 once. But most of my loss was the first 8 weeks. It's been slow-going since then. Can't complain, with all my previous diets I'd stall out between 35-40 pounds and then start going back up again.

On 6/4/2018 at 12:02 AM, KatyasMommy said:

Everything and Anything is possible! Even after surgery, stay away from sugars. Aim for 6g or less for each sitting. Weight training helps.

Starting weight: 350lb

Surgery gastric sleeve weight (2-17-17): 325lb

Tummy Tuck on 12-22-2017 and ~ 10lb of excess skin removed

Weight at one year (3-17-18): 175lb

Total weight loss: 175lb

34307670_10100592437243571_4307336067373072384_n.jpg

34316965_10100592437123811_6387968244468154368_n.jpg

34393581_10100592437203651_3154994005394063360_n.jpg

34471403_10100592437288481_2399935743985188864_n.jpg

What did you do to lose that much? That is awesome. I want to be similar!

Hello everyone. I am scheduled for my sleeve sometime in July won’t get the exact date until the end of the month. I am currently 268 but I started out 280. My insurance requires a 90 watch under a dietitian. The 26 of June makes my 90 days. I am so nervous but yet so ready. Hoping to get down to 180/175 haven’t been that weight since my twenties. I’m 5’5”. This is my second time starting this process. Last time I tried I discovered I was pregnant. I’m 31 with 2 children and done with babies. So I’m currently working towards a better me. Doctors predicted an 88 pound lost. Which I’m okay with but more is better 100 sounds great to me. Hoping to get there.

Your hospital and mine must be reading the same manual, mine says they will tell me after July 2nd, I believe you can make 100 lbs down and still be upright and smiling! My personal goal weight is 150 pounds down, odd but my nurse practioner Valeria and I came to the same figure independently. You do yours , I'll do mine and someday we will dance👭in the sunlight☀together! we can do it, I know we can do it!