Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@ oceanlove not until September 5th and THAT is a Firm Date. No more relax Frustr8 it will be soon. At 7AM, first surgery of the day, Dr Needleman says he wanted me first, that way if anything untoward. happens he's not pressed for time. First,time in my life,someone,gave me preferential treatment, makes me almost cry,to think of it!
Found out Green Tealael calls her sleeve SAC for small anatomical change, gave me food for thought.
Since I have been trying for 3 years, since August 15 2015 , and honor of all trials and tribulations mine shall be called: Precious Pouch,or Precious for short. Name is almost as big as it will be

Yes! Thanks for asking. I definitely passed the kidney stone 2 weeks post-op and pulled a muscle during the agony. Two weeks later the muscle was healed and I had no more signs of kidney issues. Wahoo! I'm trying to keep up on liquids as much as possible.
I ended up in the hospital with a stone a couple weeks ago. It was one they saw on my CT when I had my last one in May. Thankfully the other small stones have all been flushed out. Hopefully keeping the fluids up will keep them cleared out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Surgery was 6/20 so 7 wks our and I’m wanting veggies and fresh fruits. But according to my plan I have to wait till 3 months.
Where are you at in your food stages?
Highest weight 316
leaving hospital post surgery 306
current weight 255
goal weight 135
Hey surgery twin! My Dr only does a special diet for the first 3 weeks. I've been able to eat whatever I can tolerate for about a month. That doesn't mean candy and chips. It has to be healthy and Protein first. I had a couple green grapes today and they were fantastic. Haven't tried many raw veggies yet.

4 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

@ oceanlove not until September 5th and THAT is a Firm Date. No more relax Frustr8 it will be soon. At 7AM, first surgery of the day, Dr Needleman says he wanted me first, that way if anything untoward. happens he's not pressed for time. First,time in my life,someone,gave me preferential treatment, makes me almost cry,to think of it!
Found out Green Tealael calls her sleeve SAC for small anatomical change, gave me food for thought.
Since I have been trying for 3 years, since August 15 2015 , and honor of all trials and tribulations mine shall be called: Precious Pouch,or Precious for short. Name is almost as big as it will be

Yippee!!! I’m so excited for you. I can’t wait to see you on the post side of things. Mine was a long time coming. 9 years getting here. So I know how you feel. I’m praying for you all the way.

2 hours ago, Trixie82 said:

Hey surgery twin! My Dr only does a special diet for the first 3 weeks. I've been able to eat whatever I can tolerate for about a month. That doesn't mean candy and chips. It has to be healthy and Protein first. I had a couple green grapes today and they were fantastic. Haven't tried many raw veggies yet.

Awesome I have not seen anyone other than one other who had surgery on my day. Yay!

My nutritionist says my program is ultra conservative compared to most. So I asked about absolutely no no’s.

So I have been exploring things on my own little by little. Like I added canned veggies and thin sliced deli meat.

I have noticed some strange things though. Like I could do scrambled eggs just fine on the third week but now I cannot tolerate them.

And I also noticed my inability to tolerate sweet as gotten stronger. First week I could at least tolerate Powerade but now I cannot stand it that it’s too sweet.

Just a lot of odd things like that.

18 hours ago, Trixie82 said:

I ended up in the hospital with a stone a couple weeks ago. It was one they saw on my CT when I had my last one in May. Thankfully the other small stones have all been flushed out. Hopefully keeping the fluids up will keep them cleared out.

Ugh. I am SO sorry you had one too! They are no fun and seriously worse than labor pains. Poor thing. So glad to hear it's passed and the others have flushed out too. Always a good reminder to keep on drinking our fluids.

Thank you New Challenge! It’s a journey but glad to know I’m pursuing the right foods as well. I travel for a living so eating out is a challenge but at least my hunger is still non existent.

Hi All! Can anyone share their menu of their daily meals/snacks? How many calories is everyone getting? I meet with my nutritionist next week since before surgery and want to be sure I'm ok. :) I average between 700-800 calories a day right now and probably burn an extra 300-400 calories a day during my jogs/light lifting. I'm averaging at about a 1 lb. loss per week so hoping I can figure out if I need to make any adjustments as I wish I was losing more only being about 8 weeks out... :)

TODAY:

Breakfast: Dannon Oikois Triple Zero vanilla Yogurt

Snack: Premier Protein shake, Calcium Chewy Bite, Fiber Choice Chewy Tablet

Lunch: 2 oz. turkey deli meat, 1 oz. string cheese, 1 oz. canned carrots

Snack: Premier Protein Shake, Calcium Chewy Bite, Fiber Choice Chewy Tablet

Dinner: 1/2 Cup Amy's Organic Vegetarian Chili

7 hours ago, Little Kansas Kitty said:

Hi All! Can anyone share their menu of their daily meals/snacks? How many calories is everyone getting? I meet with my nutritionist next week since before surgery and want to be sure I'm ok. :) I average between 700-800 calories a day right now and probably burn an extra 300-400 calories a day during my jogs/light lifting. I'm averaging at about a 1 lb. loss per week so hoping I can figure out if I need to make any adjustments as I wish I was losing more only being about 8 weeks out... :)

TODAY:

Breakfast: Dannon Oikois Triple Zero vanilla Yogurt

Snack: Premier Protein shake, Calcium Chewy Bite, Fiber Choice Chewy Tablet

Lunch: 2 oz. turkey deli meat, 1 oz. string cheese, 1 oz. canned carrots

Snack: Premier Protein Shake, Calcium Chewy Bite, Fiber Choice Chewy Tablet

Dinner: 1/2 Cup Amy's Organic Vegetarian Chili

Hi Kitty, I haven’t kept track of calories, and saw my dietitian and she advised 3 cups of food a day in total and 1kg a week for weight loss. No Snacks with the 3 cups, however if you have half cup Breakfast you can have a snack. The main thing is no sugar and only low fat products. Weight loss is meant to be slow. You have done so well so far.

Breakfast I have either weetbix with 150ml low fat milk, or small can baked Beans on one piece of toast or one poached egg on toast. Toast is either light rye or suggested white.

Snack, diet jelly with small two fruits and custard, or shake of 150 ml low fat milk, small pieces puréed, one tablespoon yoghurt, or low fat mousse, or piece of low fat cheese.

lunch, rye cruskit with light philly cheese, slice ham, salad, or, baked beans on toast, or egg on toast, or half wrap with small tuna and salad.

dinner, spaghetti bolognese, or Soup, or 100g chicken with vegetables, or fish and salad or 100g fillet steak with vegetables or beef stroganoff.

Sorry I can only relate to food and weight based on what happens in Australia. Don’t get hung up on how little or how much you are losing. We will get there.

i just saw my surgeon and he is happy with my loss. I just wished his scales were in line with mine. I mean come on 2kg heavier. Although I did have clothes and shoes on, lol

Edited by New challenge

JUNE RNY BUDDIES!!!!???? How is everyone doing? Strolling through life and feeling like a pro already? I'm 9 weeks post-op and made it to ONEderland. I'm so ecstatic. The energy is great right now. Life feels good. I'm so thrilled that I decided to Celebrate and give away $100 this week. If interested, feel free to watch my video for more details. I'll draw the winner on September 1st. :)

On 08/27/2018 at 12:56, Little Kansas Kitty said:

JUNE RNY BUDDIES!!!!???? How is everyone doing? Strolling through life and feeling like a pro already? I'm 9 weeks post-op and made it to ONEderland. I'm so ecstatic. The energy is great right now. Life feels good. I'm so thrilled that I decided to Celebrate and give away $100 this week. If interested, feel free to watch my video for more details. I'll draw the winner on September 1st. :)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/9mXa3E8U3HU?start=1&feature=oembed

Congrats! I’m so jealous! Nowhere near one-derland but working on it. I feel great and walk A LOT! I’ll be 9 weeks post op this Thursday! Congrats again and best wishes moving forward 😊

25 minutes ago, ALFxRNY said:
2 hours ago, Little Kansas Kitty said:

Congrats! I’m so jealous! Nowhere near one-derland but working on it. I feel great and walk A LOT! I’ll be 9 weeks post op this Thursday! Congrats again and best wishes moving forward 😊

Thank you, thank you. You're doing FABULOUS! All we can do is keep trucking along. 55 lbs. down is so great for 9 weeks. Congrats to you too! Love that you're walking a lot. I did that every day until I hit 205 lbs. Walking works. Keep up the amazing work.

On 08/27/2018 at 15:06, Little Kansas Kitty said:

Thank you, thank you. You're doing FABULOUS! All we can do is keep trucking along. 55 lbs. down is so great for 9 weeks. Congrats to you too! Love that you're walking a lot. I did that every day until I hit 205 lbs. Walking works. Keep up the amazing work.

You’re welcome and thank you! And I wish I had dropped that in 9 weeks! I think they count it from the start of your journey. I honestly love walking. Makes me feel so good! Hoping to sign up to a gym some time soon!

I had all you lovelies on my mind today and thought I would reach out to see how everyone is doing! I am 37 pounds to my goal weight and from a size 24 pants to a size 12. I am feeling great and hope you all are too!!!

I’ve been stalled since early Nov when I fell down stairs carrying laundry and broke my scapula. 😔 I’ve lost 70 lbs but so far from my goal of loosing another 80-90 lbs

Hal711 that was meant to be a reply to you but I’m not good at using this app apparently 🤨

Edited by BearsBeetsBarbells