Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 06/18/2018 at 19:17, Hal711 said:

Whew! It has been a long day! Everything went well, and all I can say is stay in front of the pain. I dont think I was mentally prepared for how much it would hurt. But walking and moving definitely helps.

Glad you are doing well! Hope you feel better soon! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Just had my surgery 5/30 and doing great! Good luck to those of you who are taking the next big step in their weight loss journey!

On 06/18/2018 at 21:34, Nicole said:

I’m scheduled for VSG tomorrow 6/19 I’m nervous
Sending you positive vibes for a speedy recovery! Keep us posted!

3 minutes ago, Buonnatale said:

Just had my surgery 5/30 and doing great! Good luck to those of you who are taking the next big step in their weight loss journey!

Please tell me the pain goes away quickly! 😖

On 06/18/2018 at 21:57, Buonnatale said:

Glad you are doing well! My surgery is next week and I couldn’t be more excited!

@Buonnatale how was your pain afterwards?

@Hal711 - Congrats for making it through the hardest part! You're on the other side! YAY! I'm sorry you're having pain. Can you describe it?

12 minutes ago, Little Kansas Kitty said:

@Hal711 - Congrats for making it through the hardest part! You're on the other side! YAY! I'm sorry you're having pain. Can you describe it?

Yea, it feels like Ive done a super serious ab workout then followed up by being kicked in the gut. Noone ever mentioned the pain, so i definitely wasnt expecting it and was not mentally prepared for it. So far tho I havent had much nausea at all. But I did get a scopolamine patch prior to surgery too, which i think it helping tremendously.

On 06/19/2018 at 18:51, Hal711 said:

Yea, it feels like Ive done a super serious ab workout then followed up by being kicked in the gut. Noone ever mentioned the pain, so i definitely wasnt expecting it and was not mentally prepared for it. So far tho I havent had much nausea at all. But I did get a scopolamine patch prior to surgery too, which i think it helping tremendously.

Did you by any chance have a hiatal hernia repair during surgery? From what I’ve been reading that may add to the pain. Hope you feel better soon

On 6/1/2018 at 1:46 PM, MATISSA1990 said:

I am scheduled for RNy June 5, 2018
Kind of nervous but ready

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m a June 5, surgery buddy too!!! How are you doing?

Mine is tomorrow morning and I'm still just having a hard time believing it. I can't wrap my brain around the fact that it's already here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 06/19/2018 at 19:59, Trixie82 said:

Mine is tomorrow morning and I'm still just having a hard time believing it. I can't wrap my brain around the fact that it's already here.

You’ve got this! Wishing you a speedy recovery in advance!

5 minutes ago, Trixie82 said:

I can only imagine the night before jitters. Thinking of you, @Trixie82. Just think about all the reasons why you wanted the surgery. Think about all the positive things and love in your life and carry those happy thoughts with you. You're about to go take a really nice nap tomorrow and everything is going to feel like puppies and rainbows. Know that we are here for you when you're ready. You're about to embark on an incredible journey and I can't wait to join you! :) All the best.

Sent from my SM-G950U using [mention=334354]Trixie82[/mention]. Just think about all the reasons why you wanted the surgery. Think about all the positive things and love in your life and carry those happy thoughts with you. You're about to go take a really nice nap tomorrow and everything is going to feel like puppies and rainbows. Know that we are here for you when you're ready. You're about to embark on an incredible journey and I can't wait to join you! [emoji4] All the best.
I'm not even nervous right now. I'm just ready to be on the other side of this. I've been on Clear Liquids all day and this is actually the hungriest I've been in this whole 2 week preop diet process. Thank you for the words of encouragement! They really do help! I'll check in tomorrow when I can. Surgery is at 7:30