Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am from Australia. I am having Gastric Bypass next week on the 19th June. I have been on Pre op diet since the 31st May. Going well at the moment. Feeling nervous and excited.

Edited by New challenge

@beejim - Welcome Home! Sounds like you’re doing amazing! Good job for drinking and walking. Sending all the best for a speedy recovery!

Edited by Little Kansas Kitty

22 minutes ago, New challenge said:

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am from Australia. I am having Gastric Bypass next week on the 19th June. I have been on Pre op diet since the 31st May. Going well at the moment. Feeling nervous and excited.

Welcome to June RNY Buddies! You're doing great with weight loss already. That's a long pre-op diet. There are several of us with dates right around you. Keep checking back. Sending you all the best for next week. I'm a mix of nervous and excited too! <3

Learning how to respond, not used to forums. I had to start early because my liver was 24cm and not the preferred 16cm. Surgeon recommended to extend diet. I am having Optifast x 3 meals, plus diet jelly for snack and certain vegetables 2-3 cups a day.

Edited by New challenge

On 06/14/2018 at 03:00, Oceanlove said:

Wow! Home already? That’s really fast. No time to observe or make sure your ready it seems like. I think we should get a couple nights in to verify all is good a couple days out.

I agree, that was super fast. I know here in Connecticut you have a mandatory overnight stay of at least 1 night for the sleeve and at least 2 for the bypass. I thought this was standard everywhere but now I’ve seen twice this month alone people leaving after a day. Praying speedy recoveries for everyone

12 minutes ago, ALFxRNY said:
6 hours ago, Oceanlove said:

Wow! Home already? That’s really fast. No time to observe or make sure your ready it seems like. I think we should get a couple nights in to verify all is good a couple days out.

I agree, that was super fast. I know here in Connecticut you have a mandatory overnight stay of at least 1 night for the sleeve and at least 2 for the bypass. I thought this was standard everywhere but now I’ve seen twice this month alone people leaving after a day. Praying speedy recoveries for everyone

Staying one night at the hospital was the plan the doctor decided. I couldn't be in that room another day lol.

On 06/14/2018 at 09:24, beejim said:

Staying one night at the hospital was the plan the doctor decided. I couldn't be in that room another day lol.

lol, well wishing you a speedy recovery. If you ever feel off (hopefully you never do) call your surgeon immediately! Best wishes!

I hope that all of you who have had your surgeries already are healing up nicely and wishing everyone with pending dates a speedy recovery!

Happy Fathers Day to all the Bari-Brothers everywhere. May your Day of Days dawn bright and beautiful. May,you have only have. happiness today and the ability to hold all you love safe close to you!🌸😝👨👴🌺

My RNY is June 27th. I’m excited and nervous! My pre-op appt is June 20th and I’m on my Liquid Protein pre-op diet.

On 06/18/2018 at 02:55, CubanitaQT said:

My RNY is June 27th. I’m excited and nervous! My pre-op appt is June 20th and I’m on my Liquid Protein pre-op diet.
Congrats! Your surgery is a day before mine and my pre-op with the anesthesiologist is on the 20th. I start my liquid diet today! Best wishes!

@sanfletch70 I’m June 27th. Good luck!

Today is the day! I am so nervous!

On 06/18/2018 at 05:09, Hal711 said:

Today is the day! I am so nervous!

Don’t be, you’ve got this! Sending positive vibes your way. Keep us posted!

Whew! It has been a long day! Everything went well, and all I can say is stay in front of the pain. I dont think I was mentally prepared for how much it would hurt. But walking and moving definitely helps.