Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone! I have been a part of these forums for awhile now, but haven’t posted yet. I was getting a little discouraged waiting for my approval from insurance and waiting to get my surgery date. So I was using these posts to get me through! I’m so thankful for everyone who told their stories and asked their questions! I finally got my surgery date yesterday!!!! Whoo whoo!! July 2nd it is!! I’m so excited! Also shocked to know that i don’t have a pre op diet however I will be doing my own version of one for 2 weeks! I can’t wait for this new life! Anyways, thanks for listening!! Any great advice for what to expect would be great! 😄

Congrats on getting your date. Can't give advice because I'm in the pre process but will be reading all the great advice you get here on this thread. Again congrats and good luck with it all!!!!

Congrats on your approval and glad u decided to post :)

On 05/31/2018 at 22:12, jrandolph68 said:

Congrats on the insurance approval and the date. Bypass or sleeve?

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

Sleeve! Thank you so much!

Thanks everyone! Just so excited to get the process started!

Congratulations!! The whole process seems tough in the USA, I really feel for you guys!

Advice, if you don't have a scale and are looking for one, get one that does body fat as well, so many times people only track weight and get frustrated because they are in a stall or gained a little. Without tracking your body fat, you might think you aren't doing as well as you are. I weigh in every day, and I frequently gain weight or don't loss, but my body fat % has continued to decrease even during gains... even today, I gained .4 lbs from yesterday, but lost .2% body fat. It's still initially frustrating, but knowing that I'm gaining muscle and losing fat helps quell those frustrations and lets me know I'm still on the right path.

Not everyone loses at the same speed, so don't measure your success off of someone else!

For surgery, get yourself some lip balm and dry mouth spray, after surgery it's amazing how much these 2 little things can make your recovery that much better!

Congrats and good luck!

Congrats on getting approval. Keep reading and researching.

On 06/01/2018 at 06:15, Matt Z said:

Advice, if you don't have a scale and are looking for one, get one that does body fat as well, so many times people only track weight and get frustrated because they are in a stall or gained a little. Without tracking your body fat, you might think you aren't doing as well as you are. I weigh in every day, and I frequently gain weight or don't loss, but my body fat % has continued to decrease even during gains... even today, I gained .4 lbs from yesterday, but lost .2% body fat. It's still initially frustrating, but knowing that I'm gaining muscle and losing fat helps quell those frustrations and lets me know I'm still on the right path.

Not everyone loses at the same speed, so don't measure your success off of someone else!

For surgery, get yourself some lip balm and dry mouth spray, after surgery it's amazing how much these 2 little things can make your recovery that much better!

Congrats and good luck!

Thank you so much! That is great advice! I didn’t even realize they had scales that measured body fat! I will be buying one of those for sure! And I’m definitely adding those two things to my “to buy” list! Thanks!

On 06/01/2018 at 06:50, jrandolph68 said:

I had bypass on 5/15. Keep a positive attitude and you'll be fine. You've made a tough decision and it will be hard at times but it is one of the best decisions you will ever make.

Congrats on your bypass! How are things going for you?

I’m so excited! I know I will struggle sometimes but the excitement of this whole process is bigger than the nerves.. for now anyways! Lol I think once my date gets closer the nerves will definitely kick in!

On 06/01/2018 at 00:37, SydneySleever said:

Congratulations!! The whole process seems tough in the USA, I really feel for you guys!
Thanks! It definitely has been a process! I actually started at a different hospital, got through the entire process and was about to get my date when I found out my insurance doesn’t cover it at that hospital so I had to start all over at a new hospital! So I’m so excited for it to seem like the whole process was all worth it!

Congrats on your bypass! How are things going for you?

I’m so excited! I know I will struggle sometimes but the excitement of this whole process is bigger than the nerves.. for now anyways! Lol I think once my date gets closer the nerves will definitely kick in!

Excellent. Thanks for asking. No surgery complications, no pain, no nausea. I hope your surgery goes as smoothly as mine. My biggest struggle is getting enough Fluid. I used to guzzle Water all day. Now I have to sip and it takes forever to try to reach my goal.

As you get closer, you will probably have some nerves. Trust your surgeon and think about the new you!

On 06/01/2018 at 08:05, jrandolph68 said:

Excellent. Thanks for asking. No surgery complications, no pain, no nausea. I hope your surgery goes as smoothly as mine. My biggest struggle is getting enough Fluid. I used to guzzle Water all day. Now I have to sip and it takes forever to try to reach my goal.

As you get closer, you will probably have some nerves. Trust your surgeon and think about the new you!

That’s what I keep hearing from others on these forums! I love drinking Water now so I’m worried about not hitting my goals! Thanks for the positive energy and so glad everything went smoothly!