Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 days post op and feeling good.

Hello

Man since surgery, I've dropped 11lbs. I feel so good. I would have to admit I really want some real food. But, I know in time I will get there.

Family meal gatherings have been a little on the difficult side, but I grin eat my Soup and move on.

I think eventual , well I pray eventually it will get easier.

Anyway I'm doing great feeling good, my wife loves me and I her and she is very supportive.

I just wanted to share how I'm doing. Aside from a little pain when I sneeze or over do it all is feeling right.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BariatricPal mobile app

That is all great news! I hope I feel as good as you after I have my surgery.

Congratulations. ;):lol:B):DB):P:)

Congratulations! It's great that you have a supportive wife. Rest and get fluids. Good luck.

Congratulations! My Wife has also been tremendously supportive and it has made things so much easier for me. Just keep your eye on the ball, stay focused and the group gatherings will get easier. Good luck!

Congratulations! My Wife has also been tremendously supportive and it has made things so much easier for me. Just keep your eye on the ball, stay focused and the group gatherings will get easier. Good luck!
Thanks, for the encouraging words.
Any ideas as to why my weight is stuck in the 260 262 range?

@Glen DeanHow long has it been since surgery? You could be in your first of several stalls. Just keep your nose down and grinding, the stall will break. Make sure you keep getting in your fluids and Proteins. Your body is still changing, regardless of the number stuck on the scale.

[mention=340333]Glen Dean[/mention]How long has it been since surgery? You could be in your first of several stalls. Just keep your nose down and grinding, the stall will break. Make sure you keep getting in your fluids and Proteins. Your body is still changing, regardless of the number stuck on the scale.
Thanks man. I'll do that for sure. It just sucks, I'm trying to make it all work. But I guess I just need to be more patient with myself. It has only been 3 weeks.

Patience is key. Just remember, it wasn't put on overnight, and it won't come off overnight. Stick to the plan and just remember that the journey will have ups and downs. I've had to remind myself of that too, for the longest time I was stuck between 194-197, and in the past two weeks, gone down to 187. Walk, drink, Protein, sleep, repeat. And don't forget to enjoy the new life and the still transforming you!

Patience is key. Just remember, it wasn't put on overnight, and it won't come off overnight. Stick to the plan and just remember that the journey will have ups and downs. I've had to remind myself of that too, for the longest time I was stuck between 194-197, and in the past two weeks, gone down to 187. Walk, drink, Protein, sleep, repeat. And don't forget to enjoy the new life and the still transforming you!
Thanks, so true it did come on over time. I'm want to much to fast. I'll dial back regroup and focus on the plan and get this thing rolling again.

Can I ask you what your starting weight was? The 180 range is my goal. I started out last summer in august at 340lbs.

2 hours ago, Glen Dean said:

Thanks, for the encouraging words.
Any ideas as to why my weight is stuck in the 260 262 range?

I have been lucky that I have only had one week where I have not lost weight. However, I know a stall is coming at some point. My Nutritionist told me that it will absolutely happen to everyone at one point or another. Stalls (early post op or later) are the Body's natural way to adjust to your new system. Keep at it and you will drop lbs. Good luck!

I have been lucky that I have only had one week where I have not lost weight. However, I know a stall is coming at some point. My Nutritionist told me that it will absolutely happen to everyone at one point or another. Stalls (early post op or later) are the Body's natural way to adjust to your new system. Keep at it and you will drop lbs. Good luck!
Thanks, I will keep at it. No turning back now. [emoji4]

@Glen DeanMy highest weight was in February 2017 at 347lbs. I started walking and eating better and got to 302 for my first appointment (August 2017) to get approved for VSG. Surgery date was 10/16/17 and was 283 lbs. Fast forward 8 months and I'm at 187, 96 lbs lost since surgery, 160 lbs in 16 months...that's the first I've done the full calculation, I'm pretty stoked with those numbers!