Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

18 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

I think we should know things like... not to drink alcohol or eat bread at 1 month post op. Those things are common sense. And those are what get under my skin.

Soo ... I actually had bread and alcohol, and so much other stuff at 3 weeks out. BUT, I knew this was not wise. I didn't come here asking if it was a good idea, I knew it wasn't. And I took full responsibility for the gain I had that week, and if I had had any other complications for it. I think it comes down to accepting personal responsibility.

5 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Soo ... I actually had bread and alcohol, and so much other stuff at 3 weeks out. BUT, I knew this was not wise. I didn't come here asking if it was a good idea, I knew it wasn't. And I took full responsibility for the gain I had that week, and if I had had any other complications for it. I think it comes down to accepting personal responsibility.

You didn't ask Mommy or Daddy. You just decided to accept the spanking if it came your way ;-)

34 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

27 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

You didn't ask Mommy or Daddy. You just decided to accept the spanking if it came your way ;-)

^^^ What Orchids said.

Off topic ... but @AshAsh1 ... you are only 16 lbs away from goal!!!!! That is so exciting! :D:D:D

Mostly I agree with everything you said, but in one sense I think this is completely outside the doctor's control. I sat thru several pre-op nutrition classes and forums where other soon-to-be patients played on their phones or tablets and didn't learn a #$@% thing. You can't cure stupid. The information was being discussed, they had the opportunity to ask questions and they wasted it.
I had to take several online courses and at my preop class I was told 3x... read your material a minimum of 3 times. If you have post op questions, refer to your pre op material. Personally, I've done that and refer to these forums for help.

P.s I've enjoyed your rants....

My favorite is when can I eat fried foods and crap again? This just pisses me off. To me I say NEVER. We love food. A little here and there and then oh lets just skip lunch and buy a bag of chips. Hello people this is what got us to needing weight loss surgery. Are chips good for you? No Is cake good for you? no Is fried chicken good for you? no. Fuel your body with good food not empty calories that will make you hate yourself in a year and believe me it happens. Don't think about what can you go back to eating. You should be planning what good foods you will be eating.

4 minutes ago, iluvbears42@yahoo.com said:

My favorite is when can I eat fried foods and crap again? This just pisses me off. To me I say NEVER. We love food. A little here and there and then oh lets just skip lunch and buy a bag of chips. Hello people this is what got us to needing weight loss surgery. Are chips good for you? No Is cake good for you? no Is fried chicken good for you? no. Fuel your body with good food not empty calories that will make you hate yourself in a year and believe me it happens. Don't think about what can you go back to eating. You should be planning what good foods you will be eating.

But this won't work for everyone. My goal is to live a balanced life, not one of only grilled chicken and celery.

We all gained our weight in different ways and for different reasons. For me it wasn't about indulging in an over abundance of fried foods for instance.

So far I have been successfully losing weight with a balanced approached. When I get to maintenance, and I have less restriction, and I have more hunger, it may not continue to work. But I'm willing to reevaluate my plan at that time and become stricter about what I eat, if that's what it will take to maintain a weight I'm happy with.

5 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

But this won't work for everyone. My goal is to live a balanced life, not one of only grilled chicken and celery.

We all gained our weight in different ways and for different reasons. For me it wasn't about indulging in an over abundance of fried foods for instance.

So far I have been successfully losing weight with a balanced approached. When I get to maintenance, and I have less restriction, and I have more hunger, it may not continue to work. But I'm willing to reevaluate my plan at that time and become stricter about what I eat, if that's what it will take to maintain a weight I'm happy with.

We all want a balanced life but I know I can not eat sugar ever if I do then I will just keep eating it. We are all addicted to food. Even if you think you are not addicted to food. I never said anyone had to eat chicken breast because there are so many wonderful recipes out there you don't have to just eat chicken.

1 minute ago, iluvbears42@yahoo.com said:

We are all addicted to food. Even if you think you are not addicted to food.

I'm actually not a food addict, really

6 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Help me please...

What's SMH?

Signed sincerely,

One Upper In Houston :57_cry:

You are the queen of abbreviations! I'm shocked!

shake My Head

55 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

You are the queen of abbreviations! I'm shocked!

shake My Head

bahahahahaaha! OMG. I will use it forever! :)

Thah crahps ah sayuved!

TY AshAsh and sillykitty!

Yeah, y'all are right; there's definitely individual blame to be shared, too. And, yeah, a couple of my doctor's nutritionists are just awful and probably not 100% qualified to be in the position they're in.

I do wish there were more even education for everyone undergoing this process, though. (I want an online course! That'd be helpful!) It's truly upsetting how many people rely on internet strangers' opinions for important health information and decisions.

4 hours ago, iluvbears42@yahoo.com said:

We all want a balanced life but I know I can not eat sugar ever if I do then I will just keep eating it. We are all addicted to food. Even if you think you are not addicted to food. I never said anyone had to eat chicken breast because there are so many wonderful recipes out there you don't have to just eat chicken.

I'm not addicted to food either, these journeys are not all the same...

15 hours ago, BigViffer said:

You guys need to be careful, you're precariously close to being a curmudgeonly vet...

I've gotten there as well... it sure does not take long when you are serious about your own health...