Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

People who give up, mostly on themselves too early too soon altogether... I just want to Vincent and The Doctor them sooo bad

I get your drift, but um, who is "Vincent and the Doctor for $500 Alex?" :blush:

I'm not sure but I believe it's the Daily Double, how much do YOU want to wager?

36 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I get your drift, but um, who is "Vincent and the Doctor for $500 Alex?" :blush:

It's an episode of Doctor Who (where an epic time traveler meets VanGogh at his lowest time and takes him to the future to show his legacy

Edited by GreenTealael

I’m not a “vet” by any means but I’ve had a lot of success since my surgery and I’ve been on this site for a good 9 months. And I love being a part of this community. So I want to say this first, I posted in Rants & Raves for a reason....

- “I’m 5 day’s post op and it’s not working”. Miracles don’t happen overnight. The amount of people who think that they will wake up from surgery feeling amazing and all their problems solved. SMH
- “I haven’t lost anything in 3-4 months and I’m 6 months post op”. I’m all about helping but I hate when people post about how they aren’t loosing and then don’t offer any information on their diet, exercise, Vitamin intake, ect. And half the time they drop off the face of the earth when you ask them.....SMH
- The pre-op diet sucks, that is all. SMH
-“I’m still hungry”. I hate that a common misconception that hunger is going to disappear. It doesn’t happen to everyone. But common sense would tell you that, liquids aren’t filling. Wait until you are on solids again to worry about your hunger levels. SMH

Ok I’m done! Thanks guys for letting me get that off my chest. Some days you just have to rant.

And PS. I know that people don’t always know the stuff I mentioned above, so when I’m not overly irritated by these gross misunderstandings about the process...I’m happy to help!
Sometimes we have to reset our sleeves. What I mean by that is start your diet over. Start with liquid 3 weeks. I did I'm losing again. I have increased my Protein intake. No carbs. Nothing with more than 9grams of sugar. I'm post OP 10 months I didn't lose anything for over 3 months until I just went back to the beginning. I was losing inches not pounds though. Since then I have lost another 15 lbs. You can do it. Stay away from the cokes even diet. Stick to your Water and Protein Shakes. In 70 lbs down. I thought it was a magic cure and the lbs would melt off but reality hit me. The surgery is a tool and you have to read and follow the instructions in order to use it correctly. Hope this helps. Keep your head up you can do it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Adding to my list:
When you tell someone to use the search, knowing that there are over 1000 hits and they come back with some snarky bs about searching and not finding anything... like, yo, I know how many hits there are, because I searched before I told you to search, so nice try asshats.

21 minutes ago, Matt Z said:

Adding to my list:
When you tell someone to use the search, knowing that there are over 1000 hits and they come back with some snarky bs about searching and not finding anything... like, yo, I know how many hits there are, because I searched before I told you to search, so nice try asshats.

That could depend on your search parameters. Unless they flag to search the entire site, the default is to search just the forum that you're viewing.

I love all of these posts... just read through the whole novel and, although I'm still a newbie, I completely agree with all of it!

For me, before I ever even visited my surgeon, I did a TON of research. And then while I was going through the pre-op I continued my education. I would never have had this surgery by relying only on what my doctor told me. No matter how educated he is, he doesn't know everything, everyone is different, there are infinite ways my journey could go, and it was best to be as prepared as possible. I've read medical papers, joined numerous forums, visited every bariatric website that I could, watched so many YouTube videos about not just the surgery but also various posters in different parts of their journeys. The information from my surgeon was just a small piece of the puzzle.

So, although I don't have the time under me the rest of you do, I find it just as annoying when I read some of the questions people post. I can't believe so many followed through on such a life-changing surgery without the knowledge to help carry them over the finish line. Knowledge equals success, and I want to be successful.

You guys are all wonderful and give me quite a few chuckles throughout my days. And I know when I have any questions you'll all be there to help guide me. Thank you!

To be honest, I’ve tried to use the search for various topics and it kind of sucks, because stuff isn’t sorted by date, so the top results are things from billions of years ago. There’s also no way to sort by date or relevancy.. and I’m not sure if any of the Boolean operators work on it to narrow down your search.

Also- @Fluffychix is right about the 💩 stirrers that act like martyrs being pretty obnoxious. NO IDEA of who she’s talking about though.. 👀👀

To be honest, I’ve tried to use the search for various topics and it kind of sucks, because stuff isn’t sorted by date, so the top results are things from billions of years ago. There’s also no way to sort by date or relevancy.. and I’m not sure if any of the Boolean operators work on it to narrow down your search.

Also-@Fluffychix is right about the [emoji90] stirrers that act like martyrs being pretty obnoxious. NO IDEA of who she’s talking about though.. [emoji102][emoji102]
THIS!!!!^^^^^
I agree 100%! I'm tired of seeing people post "use the search bar!". I have tried to use it multiple times and it sucks. It always shows me irrelevant posts, posts from years ago, and is just a mess. I'm not sure if it's only app thing because that is the only place I've used it but from my experience on the app, the search bar is totally useless. I'd be better off manually scrolling through each post to try to find what I want.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 10/25/2018 at 14:27, Oct517 said:

THIS!!!!^^^^^
I agree 100%! I'm tired of seeing people post "use the search bar!". I have tried to use it multiple times and it sucks. It always shows me irrelevant posts, posts from years ago, and is just a mess. I'm not sure if it's only app thing because that is the only place I've used it but from my experience on the app, the search bar is totally useless. I'd be better off manually scrolling through each post to try to find what I want.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Right? Or it will return posts within threads where there is one mention of your search term, while threads about that search term appear way down in the results. Thread topics that contain the search term should be prioritized in results.

It’s just frustrating to me, because I’m a front-end developer who specializes in the usability and accessibility of web sites and applications, so the shortcomings of it jump out to me.

I have a better time searching on Google and including the forum name, FWTW. Today's search: Black tongue 🤮

14 minutes ago, JessLess said:

I have a better time searching on Google and including the forum name, FWTW. Today's search: Black tongue 🤮

@JessLess, black tongue=iron supplement (I use chewable Iron from Celebrate. My tongue turns black cuz I dissolve it rather than chew. LOL. )