Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I actually had someone post me to ask which surgery was the least painful. All I have had is an RnY, so no basis of comparison. My guess is that it varies. There are some hardy souls--- they are off to the mall as soon as they are discharged. And at the other end are soul,s like me somewhat still dragging. But not really complaining, I knew at 72 it would not be a walk in the park, but i will still make it, I just am not going to set any land speed records.🐢

I have just read all 12 pages of this discussion and I must say it was quite entertaining. I can understand everything that everyone was saying and why everyone was saying it. First, when you reach out with what you think is a real question that has been asked a thousand times before and all you have to do is a simple search of the archives to see if it was asked before, it can be frustrating for the person giving the answers. If the question is better asked of the doctor’s office don’t be surprised if that’s who you are told to call.

7 hours ago, iattcom said:

I have just read all 12 pages of this discussion and I must say it was quite entertaining. I can understand everything that everyone was saying and why everyone was saying it. First, when you reach out with what you think is a real question that has been asked a thousand times before and all you have to do is a simple search of the archives to see if it was asked before, it can be frustrating for the person giving the answers. If the question is better asked of the doctor’s office don’t be surprised if that’s who you are told to call.

Your post made me re-read the thread all the way through! Hilarious!

I just realized when re-reading the thread that one of my posts was removed. It was the one where I told you guys you needed to stop posting because I was laughing out loud at work. I have no idea what I may have said that was offensive. So, if anyone knows, I'd appreciate knowing where I stepped over a line.

16 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I just realized when re-reading the thread that one of my posts was removed. It was the one where I told you guys you needed to stop posting because I was laughing out loud at work. I have no idea what I may have said that was offensive. So, if anyone knows, I'd appreciate knowing where I stepped over a line.

Who would do that!

5 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Who would do that!

No idea. I assumed it was clear that I was joking.

I love this thread it is a reminder that we have to not take things so seriously and we need to take a minute and laugh at ourselves. Thank you to whoever started this.

Well, I'm a total n00b with my surgery tomorrow and all I have to rant about is now I know why they call it a GAStric sleeve.

1 hour ago, JessLess said:

Well, I'm a total n00b with my surgery tomorrow and all I have to rant about is now I know why they call it a GAStric sleeve.

Good luck tomorrow!

4 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Good luck tomorrow!

Thanks! Whatever happens... I have a Xanax prescription.

People who pound their agenda and perspective in our faces with a sledgehammer as if we are perfectly ignorant and uneducated and act as though we really "need" someone to be our conservators--as if their way is the ONLY way to truth.

Also people who either deliberately or in abject ignorance of the facts, edit the truth to fit their narrow view and misrepresent any opposing viewpoint.

And also those same people who are incapable of seeing they have any responsibility for how people perceive/react/treat them and accuse others of starting sh*t while they are innocent victims (a lamb to the slaughter).

:) That is all...wow! I feel more better, now! TY!!!

HowYOUdoin?

Edited by FluffyChix

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

people who either deliberately or in abject ignorance of the facts, edit the truth to fit their narrow view and misrepresent any opposing viewpoint.

And also those same people who are incapable of seeing they have any responsibility for how people perceive/react/treat them and accuse others of starting sh*t while they are innocent victims (a lamb to the slaughter

@FluffyChix

hmmmm, i wonder if you are talking about a specific person? I know, i know!😉

kathy

1 minute ago, proudgrammy said:

@FluffyChix

hmmmm, i wonder if you are talking about a specific person? I know, i know!😉

kathy

Nope. Swearsies! :D (Psssst...it's you! ;) hehe)

Quoting the LONGEST post, one you have to scroll forever to get to the end of it, then replying "Congrats" or "Good Job".

Like the original one wasn't long enough. And it's never just one person, at least 4 or more people do it in one thread.

2 minutes ago, J San said:

Quoting the LONGEST post, one you have to scroll forever to get to the end of it, then replying "Congrats" or "Good Job".

Like the original one wasn't long enough. And it's never just one person, at least 4 or more people do it in one thread.

Guilty! :D