Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't pray for me

Hey! Speaking of bariatric muffins ... that reminds me. I found a Protein waffle at the local supermarket. The brand name is Kodiak Cakes. 2 of them have 280 calories and 15g of protein and only a total of 25g of carbs. Very filling an delicious!

40 minutes ago, Mattymatt said:

Hey! Speaking of bariatric muffins ... that reminds me. I found a Protein waffle at the local supermarket. The brand name is Kodiak Cakes. 2 of them have 280 calories and 15g of Protein and only a total of 25g of carbs. Very filling an delicious!

Kodiak Cakes has protein pancakes as well! I used to eat their muffins a lot pre-surgery, but the sugar content is a little too high for post-surgery (for me anyway).

And not believing in God, doesn't make one an Atheist. That's a common religion person mistake. Atheism is just 1 believe system that does not revolve around a "God".

Woot! loving when things are looking up for folks:) Congrats on the new job and the new lady in your life, Matty!

On 06/21/2018 at 00:13, Creekimp13 said:

I don't believe in God or Gods. Or fairies. Or UFOs. That DOES NOT MEAN I DON'T HAVE A BELIEF SYSTEM that is precious and important to me. To suggest my belief system doesn't matter because I don't share your obsession with the supernatural is frankly... incredibly short sighted, self important and insulting.

My belief in science, reason, the quantifiable, in what can be proven with empirical evidence.... is something I take enormous comfort in. Having the courage to tell the truth about what can and cannot be known is hugely important to how I live my life, how I metabolize difficult times, how I survive hardship and live a happy fulfilling life.

Supernatural antiquated beliefs do not comfort me.

You're asserting that a guy saying..."Happy Holidays" in passing is the same as going to someone in crisis and inflicting your beliefs on them. It's not remotely the same.

If prayers are not wanted by the person in crisis, don't announce them! If you don't know...asking is a great way to help. "would you like me to pray for you?" is a pretty easy thing to ask.

Failing to do so would be like me showing up to your mother's funeral and saying...let me comfort you with my beliefs by saying that even though we know this heaven nonsense is a load of rubbish, and she's gone for good now.....she lead an impacting life that is a terrific legacy!

I might feel strongly convicted and I might BELIEVE this in my bones....but to say so in a time of crisis when I know it goes against YOUR beliefs is rude as hell.

it's different. Pay attention.

When people are in crisis we help them. We put their comfort first.

Your entire tone about this is demeaning and rude, tbh.

Intolerance goes both ways. Live and let live, brah!

I’m a ‘closet atheist/agnostic’ right now (my close friends are aware of my beliefs but I haven’t told my family, mainly because I don’t feel like dealing with the fallout from my super religious brother and sister-in-law and my mom, who attend a super culty mega church). But I don’t care if someone prays for me. I asked a group of friends for good thoughts before my surgery, or if they prayed, I’d welcome those as well because I know it’s how they express their caring. It’s a part of them. It doesn’t affect me a whit.

It’s the same reason I say ‘Merry Christmas’ to Christian family and friends, Happy Hanukkah to my Jewish friends, Happy Ramadan to my Muslim friends, and Happy Festivus to my atheist friends 😂. I respect them. As long as they don’t show disdain for my beliefs, I can show respect for theirs.

@ Spaulachick I like and respect your posting. Got any room in your kitchen. for a raised militant former evangelical Christians who is tolerant center now, still Christian but of the love and let live variety. I don't convert, I don't condesend and with my cousin Shani walked our cousin down the aisle when he married his husband. The whirring sound was either Tibetan prayer wheels or our relatives turning over in their graves. No never mind, life is too short to not find someone to love and loves you in return. And I cried the same there as I do at any wedding!👍😛👍

Whether you believe or not that’s how they choose to send their good wishes and intentions. I think it’s rude to want to micromanage how someone wants to send good intentions your way. Say thank you and keep it moving.

You say you offended that people assume you believe in the impossible or whatever but you’re just showing that you feel like your above people who believe in god.

No you didn’t say it but your word choice is poor and offensive to those who do believe.

What part of "when someone else is suffering, it's not all about you" is so hard to grasp?

1) “Intercessory prayer has no effect on recovery from surgery without complications.”

2) “Patients who knew they were receiving intercessory prayer fared worse.”

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/12082681/ns/health-heart_health/t/power-prayer-flunks-unusual-test/#.WyxqDvlKiM8

On 06/20/2018 at 13:13, Creekimp13 said:

If you're gonna roll in the crap with everyone else...at least own it and don't pretend you're above it:)

If you'd really RATHER be doing those things....you'd be doing them...not participating in tabloid discussion, no?

I get what you're saying, and even appreciate what you're saying......but acting superior while doing the same thing everyone else is...is slightly hypocritical, don't you think?

I was doing them all day today.

And I honestly don’t mean to sound superior. I literally just don’t waste the mental energy on mean people (which is what the people who don’t listen to you when you ask them not to pray for you are).

An intellectual debate I like and spend time on. I just don’t wast emotional energy on feeling angry or upset or offended, that’s all. I don’t like letting mean people have that kind of power over me.

I honestly don’t mean it to be superior, just trying to share that old thought of “don’t let the turkeys get you down.”

On 06/20/2018 at 13:42, AshAsh1 said:

That is a real cry face, not a laughing- cry face one though! I should have clarified!

Omg I just discovered the points thing a week ago! Those Peanut Butter crack cookies! And salted caramel Calcium chews!

I hear you, Jess.

Meh...I'd have quit responding to this thread ages ago...but i'm soooo close to having enough Store Reward Points for my muffins! LOL:)

On 06/21/2018 at 23:13, Creekimp13 said:

I hear you, Jess.

Meh...I'd have quit responding to this thread ages ago...but i'm soooo close to having enough Store Reward Points for my muffins! LOL:)

YOU get a muffin and YOU get a muffin and YOU get a muffin!!!

6 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

I hear you, Jess.

MUFFINS!

And then after the muffins you should go over to my Poop thread and post how you fared there... get you some more post credits!