Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I decided to join because I need to talk to people that are currently in the same boat I am. I am 32 years old and I had gastric sleeve surgery on February 5, 2018. I’m 5’4”. My starting weight was 261 and I currently weigh 212. I feel like I am a slow loser, but maybe that’s because I weigh myself every day so by the end of the week it feels like forever. Lol.

My surgery and recovery were great. I had no complications and no issues whatsoever regarding the procedure. I could not be happier with my decision except I wish I had lost a little more weight by now.

I hope to meet some of you and get some good tips and have some like minded people to talk to!

Thanks for reading!

welcome

I think everyone is different in how quick they lose. I just had mine done on May 16. Funny, I'm 5'4 and 212 lbs right now too. I was 225 the day of surgery.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey! I had my sleeve 24 May and joined the forum just before that. It’s an amazing forum with wonderful, welcoming and wise people. You’ll feel at home here really fast :)

9 hours ago, GFerg1986 said:

surgery and recovery were great.

@GFerg1986

welcome to our "small" group - we get "smaller" every day;)

"slow loser, maybe that’s because I weigh myself every day, by the end of the week it feels like forever".

or - weighing yourself every day - scale doesn't move, so you feel like you are always at a stall!!

many of us have trouble staring/concentrating on the scale (I do/did) KNOCK IT OFF!! LOL - your

weight loss is moving along steadily and fine

read the boards, - questions, answers, experiences from all. you will probably see similar

questions/thoughts that you have.

Absorb all the info, comments from OP -BUT at the end of the day, listen to ONLY your doc and

NUT) short for nutrition (and me too of course!! LOL)

see you around the neighborhood

keep up the good job

kathy

Welcome. Statt reading the posts here and use the search tool (magnifying glass) if you have questions.

We all lose at a different rate, so don't stress on the numbers. Take your measurements, you will be surprised that during slow weight loss your body is adjusting and inches slide off.

Track your food with a free app like Baritastic or myfitnesspal or Lose It. I weigh daily but don't get hung up on the numbers, it is just a reference.

I know some people wait to get new clothes, but don't do that - go to resale shops and get smaller clothes as you lose - because you can see yourself improve in different clothes and you will enjoy all the losses as they happen, reward yourself all along the way. Good luck.

Thanks everyone!

I had surgery a month and a week before you. Started at 265. I'm 199 as of yesterday. Also guilty of weighing ever day. I have grumbled about being a slow loser too - and I have mentioned before that I want to be one of those 100lbs gone in 6 months sort of people. I'm not :) We have to learn to focus a little less on the scale numbers and a little more on the inches, sizes, and overall wellbeing! Are you measuring inches? Have your clothing sizes changed?