Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so sorry you're having such a rough time. You have every right to be angry. Even though the surgeon is out of town that is no reason to abandon his patients. I'm praying that you get some relief.

That's insane! To echo other's sentiments, try calling your PCP and getting for anti nausea meds. There is no need to suffer needlessly!

This is beyond unacceptable.....you are literally starving and all that vomiting is bad for your electrolyte balance. If your surgeon is part of a group then SOMEONE is responsible for covering for his patients while he is unavailable and needs to figure out what is going on with you. When I was in a group practice, we always took calls and covered for whomever was out. It is just a basic standard of care.

I would recommend you stop the phone calls and just show up at the office and ask that someone help you. Try to be as calm and nice as possible but do not let them just blow you off.

I sure hope you get to feeling better soon.

Moondoggie1983 How are you? Did you see a doctor? I’m very concerned about not only your physical health but also your mental wellbeing.

You will feel a million times better if you had nausea meds. Get the patch that goes behind the ear. That’s what my doc gave me and it hella works without you worrying about taking it orally and feeling worse.

Yo-Yo Girl from New York City :)

I spent 6 days in the hospital after surgery due to nausea and vomiting. Was given the patch and several different anti nausea meds that did nothing for me. Was finally sent home and still having horrible nausea and vomiting 1-3 times a day. Had a follow up yesterday and was told I’m sensitive to being in ketosis and to have a little apple juice through out the day to keep my sugar up. Went all day yesterday without vomiting and thought I had the code cracked only to wake up in the middle of the night vomiting 🤕 I feel so defeated. I’ve followed everything the surgeon has told me and can’t seem to get this under control. I wouldn’t wish this on anyone and am so sorry to see others having issues.

I feel the same way!!!! Yesterday was my first day on soft/puréed foods!! Took one bite of eggs and they came right back up! Tried some sweet potato later one in the day and I had indigestion for 5 hours! Being on vacation, I am totally miserable, I want to cry my eyes out, I am missing the food I use to eat 😫😫😫!! They eating steak and I’m drinking a Protein shake!! I just want to stay in the room and pout!!!!

Moondoggie1983 you have to see your surgeon now. There might be something not right , a blockage or something. My surgeon wants to know every little thing and if that was happening it has to be addressed immediately. I’m sorry you are having so much trouble. If surgeon won’t see you find one that will.

@moondoggie1983

How are you? Have you gotten any better yet? We're worried about you.

Hey guys. Sorry for the long gap. I ended up just going to the surgeons office and hour before they all go to lunch. I made a point of not leaving (and thus letting them get their food!) until I was seen. And seen I was! The surgeon was pissed because no one had sent along my messages of how poorly I was doing. The office staff was pissed because I called them out on their crap treatment of a patient.
So the end result was that he put me back on liquids only until tonight or tomorrow, at which point I can start trying applesauce again. I’m also to drink regular Gatorade right now to make sure I’m getting calories. I’m getting in a small Optifast shake a day to get some Protein, but if I overdo the powders I’ll throw up. So I’m basically getting about 20-30g of protein and then my Gatorade, some Water and some teas.
I didn’t get any nausea meds because the patch gives me hives. The protonix seems to finally be working and I’ve ditched the carafate because it was causing me to foam and slime.
Long story short, I’ve switched everything around, gone back to liquids, am drinking some full sugar drinks to get calories (and they also give me little hunger spikes which is good!) and now have my surgeons personal email. And his office staff hates me but they can suck it. 😂
Have only thrown up 3-4 times in the last few days, and those were from drinking Soup too fast (you get really hungry after starving for weeks and it’s a little hard to control when you can finally eat anything again). Or the surprise of a PB.
And I’m taking 3 flintstones Vitamins a day instead of my Bariatric chewies. Until I can get some serious food in, I’m avoiding them. Trying to keep things easy to process.
My surgeon said to think of it like a twisted ankle. If it hurts to move or walk on it, would you keep aggravating it or give it rest and a break? Same idea with new little tummies.
Thanks for all the advice and concern guys! You’re all wonderful people and hopefully good friends soon. You all touched me at a very low point in my life. Thank you for making a bad time so much better.

I'm so happy to hear this! Glad you're finally in good hands. Hope the rest of your recovery is smooth!

You can get a nausea medication for under your tongue that dissolved quickly and gets into your system quickly. Ask for that.

1 hour ago, moondoggie1983 said:

Hey guys. Sorry for the long gap. I ended up just going to the surgeons office and hour before they all go to lunch. I made a point of not leaving (and thus letting them get their food!) until I was seen. And seen I was! The surgeon was pissed because no one had sent along my messages of how poorly I was doing. The office staff was pissed because I called them out on their crap treatment of a patient.
So the end result was that he put me back on liquids only until tonight or tomorrow, at which point I can start trying applesauce again. I’m also to drink regular Gatorade right now to make sure I’m getting calories. I’m getting in a small Optifast shake a day to get some Protein, but if I overdo the powders I’ll throw up. So I’m basically getting about 20-30g of Protein and then my Gatorade, some Water and some teas.
I didn’t get any nausea meds because the patch gives me hives. The protonix seems to finally be working and I’ve ditched the carafate because it was causing me to foam and slime.
Long story short, I’ve switched everything around, gone back to liquids, am drinking some full sugar drinks to get calories (and they also give me little hunger spikes which is good!) and now have my surgeons personal email. And his office staff hates me but they can suck it. 😂
Have only thrown up 3-4 times in the last few days, and those were from drinking Soup too fast (you get really hungry after starving for weeks and it’s a little hard to control when you can finally eat anything again). Or the surprise of a PB.
And I’m taking 3 flintstones Vitamins a day instead of my Bariatric chewies. Until I can get some serious food in, I’m avoiding them. Trying to keep things easy to process.
My surgeon said to think of it like a twisted ankle. If it hurts to move or walk on it, would you keep aggravating it or give it rest and a break? Same idea with new little tummies.
Thanks for all the advice and concern guys! You’re all wonderful people and hopefully good friends soon. You all touched me at a very low point in my life. Thank you for making a bad time so much better.

Phew!!! We’ve been so worried about you. I’m pleased that your doctor took such a caring approach and that you are on the road to feeling better. Keep us updated.

So the office staff hates you? Well wah wah on them! Don't they realize they upset,my little Moondoggie🐶, why should they be allowed to eat when everything you do comes right back barreling,up? I am peeved with them on your behalf.
Now for an update on me. I went tomeet the 3 wise people at the OSU Bariatric center. First I met Valerie my nurse practitioner,a little difference in skin pigmentation but super smart, super efficient and very pleasant to talk to. Seemed like and/or accept everything on my medical history. Only jarri,g thing she asked. was " Am I Bipolar?" told her I was never diagnosed so I didn't think so, should have asked if Dr Kramer the staff psychologist thought I was. Then I met with the. dietician/nutritionist Roy, yeah a thin young handsome dude, he swiched me to prenatal Vitamins for the Iron , told me I basically was okay on my diet because he wanted me to,⬆my calorie count, didn't really give me a structuralized diet. Then I met with Kelly the exercise physiologist, she told me and gave me some sheets to follow. Well the next day I did 1 set of repetitions of the exercises and nearly lamed myself so I'm back to the gentle walking etc I was doing all along.
Friday I finally heard from Jessica my case manager/facilitator. She had been out of town for a conference the 24 and25, so I didn't meet her then face-to-face. Then she was out until Thursday for a prolonged Memorial Day holiday. Finally talked for a brief time Thursday, find out my clearances for pulmonary and cardiology had gotten lost so I had to request they be defaced. Then there is v the matter of the EGD, I am running into a little trouble getting it refaxed, you see my gastroenterologist closed his local practice v down and,left town. I suspect I know where he relocated to but I'm not certain. Promised I would fax all the paperwork he gave me but if that isn't enough I'll have to go through my third EGD in 3 years. I will receive a letter on official stationary welcoming me to this next step of this process. Heard from another portion that my presurgical blood labs which they already went and did show I have a deficiency in Vitamins A and D, so I have to pick them up at Wal-Mart Monday. My landlord and I are not getting along for several reasons and I realized it may be possible to go into a house of my own . He refuses to make repairs, wishes $39.000 because of the amount of land. The house has v deteriated to equal condition of one offered locally for $15,000,the only thing mine has better is I still have working ceiling fixtures instead of wires hanging down. He has taken the majority of my rental monies and repaired his own home at the expense of Mine. So his Mon u we are in escrow at this point. I have an insurance settlement that might find a down payment and monthly morgage paymentscless than what I pay now.
Just watch, settlement, threat of eviction , surgery and housing relocation will all fall in the same week or 10 days. What next? Oh I have a lump growing on the inner surface of my left arm right above the elbow. One doctor says it is a lipoma, a fatty tumor, maybe so but it is enlarging quickly. Almost the size of a wiggle or tennis ball cut in half. Hmmmm?
And now. the only further problem is I need a 30 day stretch of C Pap usage electronically validated so no surgery until July 1st.😲