Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric Sleeve Tijuana recommendations

Hi. I am new here. I am looking for recommendations for gastric sleeve doctors in Tijuana. My insurance is giving me fits and I just can't wait any longer. I have researched several doctors and also several US companies that connect you with gastric sleeve doctors in Tijuana. If you have had a sleeve in Tijuana, please let me know everything you went through. Good and Bad. Who you used. Did you go alone or bring a companion. Any complications? How did you pay? Would you recommend a friend? So far I have heard of a Dr Ponce, Dr. Rodriguez, Dr. Fernando Garcia any others or any experience with any of these doctors listed?

Thank you!!!!

Hi,

I am also new to this site and considering the sleeve as well. I do not qualify for surgery in the states due to my low BMI but I am interested in going to Tijuana for the surgery. It's scary considering going to a foreign country for any medical procedure!

Good luck to you and I look forward to other's responses.... :)

I had my vsg today at the Obesity Control Center with Dr Ariel Ortiz and his team. It has been an amazing experience. I'm the fifth person I know to have had it here and we all have had nothing but great experiences.

On 5/29/2018 at 5:57 PM, KELMAC2018 said:

Hi. I am new here. I am looking for recommendations for gastric sleeve doctors in Tijuana. My insurance is giving me fits and I just can't wait any longer. I have researched several doctors and also several US companies that connect you with gastric sleeve doctors in Tijuana. If you have had a sleeve in Tijuana, please let me know everything you went through. Good and Bad. Who you used. Did you go alone or bring a companion. Any complications? How did you pay? Would you recommend a friend? So far I have heard of a Dr Ponce, Dr. Rodriguez, Dr. Fernando Garcia any others or any experience with any of these doctors listed?

Thank you!!!!

Hi there. I can’t offer any advice now but on June 28 I will be having the single incision gastric sleeve with Dr. Ponce. After that I can give you a detailed account of my experience with him. So hit me up sometime in July for more info if you are still interested. I have researched thoroughly—- more than six months and Dr. Ponce seemed to be the best choice for me. Good luck with your decision!!!

On 5/29/2018 at 4:57 PM, KELMAC2018 said:

Thank you!!!!

Hi! I’m having my vsg in MX but on the Texas side in Piedras Negras, MX with Dr. Alvarez. I did tons of research and the best Dr.’s I found were Dr. Alvarez with Endobariatrics or Dr. Ortiz with OCC in Tijuana . I ended up making my final choice with Dr. Alvarez only due to when I asked the coordinator at the OCC if Dr. Ortiz would be performing my surgery with 100% certainty I was told no that he would be put on schedule but it was possible one of his colleges might step in. I had asked this because when I read testimonies from other patients on there Facebook account some of his patients reported that they had a different surgeon the day of. They all reported good things, however I felt like if I choose a Dr. for his reputation I wanted to have 100% certainty that he/she would perform my surgery. I asked the same question at Endobariatrics with Dr. Alvarez and was told he’s the head surgeon in every surgery and would 100% be doing my surgery. So that put me at ease. It was higher in cost but I wanted the peace of mind so I choose him in the end.

I will be going June 28th for my vsg surgery In Tijuana. I will have a companion there with me. But so will my patient coordinator. I will be having my procedure done by Dr. Andrade Soto, at the Prado surgical center. Everything is included, including hospital stay, and testings.

I have done a lot of research, and I’m comfortable with my decision.

Im very nervous, but I know I will be in experienced, and caring hands.