Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My husband and I went for a 3.5 hour car ride in the beautiful country area we live in. It was a great day, long talks and lots of positive thoughts and feelings. We talked about a ton of stuff and he told me he was still scared about my surgery but he now understand a whole lot more and realized I have to do it or I am going to not be around when we are old and gray in our double rocker watching the world go by. ( YES HE GETS IT).

We stopped at a small cafe for a late lunch. He ordered his normal cheeseburger, fries and soda , I ordered a grilled chicken breast with no oils , added spices and asked for a vegetable melody instead of mashed potato’s and gravy. I was told that I could not have any substitutions. Ok so I asked them to just put the veggies and meat on one plate and the mashed potato’s and gravy on a second plate. OMG you would have thought I was holding a gun to a babies head. I was told sorry but that is a substitution can’t do it. OK let’s try this a different way ( I am now getting a little prickly) I ask can you just put it all on one plate and bring me a to go container? I could but your still substituting veggies , WHAT i added them as a side I said . Now she has turned to my husband and said I think you need to help your wife understand we don’t do substitutions here. Chris is so dumb struck by this comment as am I I just looked at her and said cancel the whole order we’re leaving . I went to the rest room to just wash my hands and throw some cold Water on my over heated head , my hubby was still sitting at the table. I walked up to him and he handed me a paper folded in half . It was a order pad slip with a note when you want to be with a real woman give me a call she had signed it and left her number. My husband had written across it 3 times SORRY NO SUBSTATION’S. My wife is 10x times the woman you will ever be . And he signed it Very Happily Married . It made me cry very happy tears of joy.

I love that man so much.

I knew he was behind me every step of the way but that made me realize he isn’t behind me he is right beside me walking at the same speed as I am, and he will always be there with me.

Wow. You and your hubby remained so calm. I would have lost my crap after the note she wrote. And I would have spoken with the manager for the simple fact the waitress doesn’t understand the difference between a side order & substitutions.

You keep living your best life; I love it

It doesn't seem too hard to understand you weren't substituting you were adding!! And bravo to your hubs! 😉

Omfg. I would have asked for the manager ASAP. Glad your husband has your back ♡

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

it grieves me as a Buckeye to admit it,but b they do grow "keepers" in Michigan God Bless🙏and keep you both safe😝.

I would have gotten her fired. I would have shown the note to the owner/manager AND photo - blogged it on their website besides.

Bravo to you both!!!

What a great story. Good for your husband for being on your side. And good for you for not giving in to their stupid rules! You could have let that stressful situation derail your efforts but you stayed strong! (And stronger than I would have been because I would have wanted to throttle that woman!)

On 5/28/2018 at 11:13 AM, Sosewsue61 said:

I would have gotten her fired. I would have shown the note to the owner/manager AND photo - blogged it on their website besides.

Bravo to you both!!!

Yep, this. I am all about social media shaming poor customer service. :71_smiling_imp:

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:17 AM, kimberlymi said:

My husband and I went for a 3.5 hour car ride in the beautiful country area we live in. It was a great day, long talks and lots of positive thoughts and feelings. We talked about a ton of stuff and he told me he was still scared about my surgery but he now understand a whole lot more and realized I have to do it or I am going to not be around when we are old and gray in our double rocker watching the world go by. ( YES HE GETS IT).

We stopped at a small cafe for a late lunch. He ordered his normal cheeseburger, fries and soda , I ordered a grilled chicken breast with no oils , added spices and asked for a vegetable melody instead of mashed potato’s and gravy. I was told that I could not have any substitutions. Ok so I asked them to just put the veggies and meat on one plate and the mashed potato’s and gravy on a second plate. OMG you would have thought I was holding a gun to a babies head. I was told sorry but that is a substitution can’t do it. OK let’s try this a different way ( I am now getting a little prickly) I ask can you just put it all on one plate and bring me a to go container? I could but your still substituting veggies , WHAT i added them as a side I said . Now she has turned to my husband and said I think you need to help your wife understand we don’t do substitutions here. Chris is so dumb struck by this comment as am I I just looked at her and said cancel the whole order we’re leaving . I went to the rest room to just wash my hands and throw some cold Water on my over heated head , my hubby was still sitting at the table. I walked up to him and he handed me a paper folded in half . It was a order pad slip with a note when you want to be with a real woman give me a call she had signed it and left her number. My husband had written across it 3 times SORRY NO SUBSTATION’S. My wife is 10x times the woman you will ever be . And he signed it Very Happily Married . It made me cry very happy tears of joy.

I love that man so much.

I knew he was behind me every step of the way but that made me realize he isn’t behind me he is right beside me walking at the same speed as I am, and he will always be there with me.

Wasn't she just as ASS. Go Hubby!!!

What an a hole and your husband is a wonderful guy!!

that place deserves a bad yelp by the way. There are so many people for so many reasons who need substitutions. It doesn’t take much for a restaurant to be kind, and those establishments get return business!