Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery date isn’t until July 10th but, since I have somewhat of a sweet tooth, I thought I’d completely cut sugar out now. Any tips for stopping cold turkey?

I’m a pretty healthy eater for the most part but I really do enjoy chocolate.

My fix for chocolate is putting cocoa powder in a banana smoothie with almond milk and splenda. Yum.

Also, Hershey's makes sugar free Syrup. I like it on strawberries.

Also, homemade hot chocolate with a little Cayenne pepper and splenda....hits the chocolate spot:)

I'm generally anti artificial sweeteners but I really like Sugar Free Chocolate pudding! Hits the spot for me.

1 hour ago, Love2Travel816 said:

My surgery date isn’t until July 10th but, since I have somewhat of a sweet tooth, I thought I’d completely cut sugar out now. Any tips for stopping cold turkey?

I’m a pretty healthy eater for the most part but I really do enjoy chocolate.

I’m not sure why it works but if I have a craving for something sweet I find a little pickled ginger satisfies it.

It will help if you start switching sugar out for subs like splenda or stevia (what i did) it will take time and effort but will work with dedication.

As for chocolate... Start switching milk chocolate out with its higher quality ancient originator cacao (not to be confused with cocoa) well worth the coin and your body will thank you !

Edited by Tealael

5 hours ago, Tealael said:

It will help if you start switching sugar out for subs like splenda or stevia (what i did) it will take time and effort but will work with dedication.

As for chocolate... Start switching milk chocolate out with its higher quality ancient originator cacao (not to be confused with cocoa) well worth the coin and your body will thank you !

Thanks!

If you want to be successful, don't quit "cold turkey". Ween yourself off of it slowly, the slow stepping down is easier to do and to keep up. It's easier to make a large change when you do so slowly, otherwise you risk rebounding.

100% Cocoa and 100% Cacao are the same thing (they have to be 100% though, no sugar or anything added), just one is made from High Temp Roasted Cocoa Beans (Cocoa) and one is made from Low Temp Roasted or Cold Pressed Raw Cocoa beans (Cacao)... That said, 100% Cacao is better for you because you don't lose the beneficial enzymes. Read the panel, if it's got no added sugar, either one is going to be fine to use. Hersey's sells tins of 100% cacao and can be found pretty much in every baking section.

Cacao-vs-Cocoa-info-1-1.jpg

5 minutes ago, Matt Z said:

If you want to be successful, don't quit "cold turkey". Ween yourself off of it slowly, the slow stepping down is easier to do and to keep up. It's easier to make a large change when you do so slowly, otherwise you risk rebounding.

100% Cocoa and 100% Cacao are the same thing (they have to be 100% though, no sugar or anything added), just one is made from High Temp Roasted Cocoa Beans (Cocoa) and one is made from Low Temp Roasted or Cold Pressed Raw Cocoa Beans (Cacao)... That said, 100% Cacao is better for you because you don't lose the beneficial enzymes. Read the panel, if it's got no added sugar, either one is going to be fine to use. Hersey's sells tins of 100% cacao and can be found pretty much in every baking section.

Cacao-vs-Cocoa-info-1-1.jpg

Thanks!

sugar free popsicles and sugar free snack Pak pudding really helps!