Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

when did everyone first poop?

I didn't think to ask u til someone mentioned pooping to me lol. I am just a few days out of surgery and I'll call my doctor office Tuesday to ask as well but what day or week did everyone have their first poop after the sleeve? I'm almost getting all my fluids in and gas is passing so no issue just curious. Thanks everyone for any info :-)

Same here I’m 6 days out. My Doc started me on ducolax. I’m also taking a Fiber supplement. Lots of gas passing and peeing just fine. Hitting all of my Water and Protein goals.

I’m getting a touch concerned. Would appreciate your experiences.

34 minutes ago, MedicVSG said:

Same hSqere I’m 6 days out. My Doc started me on ducolax. I’m also taking a Fiber supplement. Lots of gas passing and peeing just fine. Hitting all of my Water and Protein goals.

I’m getting a touch concerned. Would appreciate your experiences.

Thanks for your response. I'll be 6 days out Tues and call that day after holiday. The hospital everyone was just waiting for gas to start and it did and they could here bowel sounds so I'm we are OK. Just not much in there to come out lol. But hopefully some further along add to this too. Good luck :-)

8 days out .... I was barely consuming anything so I wasn't concerned. I mean if nothing is going in, what's going to come out?

4 days post op for me.... But keep in mind the more pain meds you took.... The better chance you'll be a little backed up....I barely took any and got my liquids down pretty good early....so it came on out....

4 days out to my surprise

Thanks everyone I haven't taken pain meds really and getting fluids in good so I guess I will be expecting it soon lol. If not I'll call doctor on Tues. But thank you guys....calms my nerves about it.

At 5 days post op (and after reading about a few people's horror experience with constipation) I started taking some combination stool softener and laxative tablets and went #2 at 7 days post op. Every 2-3 days since while on liquids.

I had a diet cordial that triggered DS three days post op. Was terrible but kind of a relief at the same time.

4 days post op and nothing yet. I have gas once- day in the morning, but that's it. I started dulcolax and simethicone for stool softener and gas relief.

2nd day after surgery! Drink your fluids and walk! It’s helps so so so much!!

I wonder if those who went soon after surgery had to do a preop magnesium citrate colon cleanse? I did a colon cleanse, so it didn't surprise or worry me that it took a week to go, considering I was only having Protein Drinks and Soup, and not even much of those.

Ask your doctor what he recommends. I had severe Constipation. My doctor had me get Citrate of Magnesium and drink it. It's very sour. I suggest adding ice. I also started adding benifiber (it mixes in clear with no taste) to my Water every morning. High Protein combined with pain meds can bind you. Now, almost 2 month out, I eat Beans every other day and everything is back to normal.