Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where will you be going, Nicole? I was sleeved 6/1 at Columbia!

Surgery was the in the afternoon on the 11th. The CO2 pain is almost all the way dissipated. I think I will be able to sleep propped up with just pillows tonight. I will say, the CO2 pain was a motivating factor in walking my a$$ off. Pain around incision sites basically just feels like I have done 1000 crunches (sore muscle pain). I do still have an anesthetic tube running into my abdomen. I am suppose to pull it out when the tube with the medicine in it shrivels up. The tube is in a fanny pack type thing that I am currently carrying around my neck. My stomach hurts when I drink to fast and some of the gurgling is a tad uncomfortable. I am still using the codeine for now. I was able to get my Water in yesterday, but not all of my Protein.

Going to try just drinking protein water today and count it for both?

Only other issue is I feel like I have a hard time finishing going pee, but I think it is just all the abdominal trauma or medicine that is going into my abdomen.

On 5/30/2018 at 2:10 PM, doutremt said:

I have my surgery date scheduled for June 25th. I am absolutely terrified about the two week liquid diet. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

My surgery is scheduled for a sleeve June 27th and I'm scared about the weeks first few weeks after surgery. Any people out there who had surgery with some tips or advice?

HattieB, it sounds like for most of us it’s just the day of surgery and 1-2 days afterward that are the worst. Stay hydrated, walk as much as you can, and once you’re home make sure you’re getting your Protein. You can do it!

My surgery is June 27th, I am on liver shrinking diet and having a hard time with cravings. I cant seem to get a few of them out of my head. I have a 3 day liquid diet still that I have to do as well. I need this surgery and cant let cravings get the best of me. Any advice on how to combat these cravings would be helpful.

My surgery is June 27th, I am on liver shrinking diet and having a hard time with cravings. I cant seem to get a few of them out of my head. I have a 3 day liquid diet still that I have to do as well. I need this surgery and cant let cravings get the best of me. Any advice on how to combat these cravings would be helpful.
Mines the 27 the too. Im on a 14 day liquid diet. I brush my teeth five times a day and chew gum. It helps me not crave any food. Good luck.

Sent from my Z982 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi Everyone! This is my first post on this site. Im having the sleeve on Tuesday, June 26th. I'm absolutely scared to death. I don't have to do a two week liquid diet. I wonder why? I must tell the truth that I'm eating whatever I want but am not really enjoying anything. I know this is the right decision to have the sleeve but I'm petrified that I will fail. I'm sure these feeling are normal. I'm from CT.....anyone else out there from around here?

On June 18, 2018 at 3:17 PM, holly7744 said:

Mines the 27 the too. Im on a 14 day liquid diet. I brush my teeth five times a day and chew gum. It helps me not crave any food. Good luck.

Sent from my Z982 using BariatricPal mobile app

mine is on the 26th and I'm not on any pre diet. I find it so odd.

On June 7, 2018 at 11:01 PM, Beverlyc said:

I’m also June 26.18. Guelph Ontario Canada

June 26th here in Danbury, CT

I am June 26. My program is 3 days pre-op liquid diet. But I was sick of eating and doing 4 days. Drank lots of crystal light, Protein Shakes, yogurt and cottage cheese. I hope tomorrow goes as easy as today.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Day 2 of my liquid diet, and this is rough.

6 days til my surgery.

Still need to get my shopping list completed.

anyone have some helpful options to shop for?