Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After i reached GOAL - (and turning 60 yrs YOUNG) i got my first tattoo on my right hand/wrist.

MAE - stands for the 1rst letter of each of my grand-kids names. M organ A ndrew E than

looks great, but DH doesn't like tattoos, promised i wouldn't do another for 60 years - couple

of months later, had a butterfly above my ankle - promised again, no more tattoos

6 months later - i had the word "survivor" above the butterfly!! Promised no more!! hmmmm -

we'll see ;)

kathy

I have two tattoos so far: a hummingbird behind my ear and a Celtic claddagh on the back of my neck.

After I get my surgery, I’m going to get a tattoo of an ouroboros (like the photo). The ouroboros is a symbol of transformation and rebirth.

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

At 180 you are gonna have all the ink you want Proud Grammy, of course DH may die of rage but you'll have all you want! LOL

This was my last piece of work I had done over 10 years ago when I wasn't so big bellied. Only got it started though. My artist who is a good friend of mine had a relapse (clean for 16 years) and wound up having a stroke. Outline, shading and just a touch of color. Sad thing is he did not have completed artwork because it was in his head and he wanted to get it done on me. He's not capable of finishing it and I have no idea what he intended for the finished product to look like. I know artists do not like finishing other artists work but maybe I'll look into it after I hit my goal?

This is my Phoenix .

JSanPhoenix.jpg

I am!

I think I would like to get my one tat fixed up and embellished on as a sort of mile marker reward when I'm getting close to goal...or need some encouragement. I haven't thought of a new one to Celebrate the change, but it sounds like a great idea! I love the phoenix, perfect symbolism!

Yes...the date I was in the hospital with BP so high they thought I'd have a stroke or heart attack is on my arm as a constant reminder. Also one on my chest to commemorate rediscovering wanderlust!IMG_20180705_212033_900.jpeg 1535901699681.jpeg 1535901655348.jpeg

HW = 360
SW = 292
GW = 220 reached 3/7/18
CW = 204
156 pounds lost! [emoji106]

I’ve got two tattoos so far.

My next will be a lucky cat, probably on my outer/upper arm.  This will be for the surgery, as I feel lucky to have the opportunity and means to have the surgery.

I also want to get a tribute piece for my dad and incorporate some of the lyrics from Dropkick Murphy’s “Rose Tattoo”.

I’ve got my cats name on my shoulder and I’d like to get it touched up, as weight gain prior to surgery kind of made it too fuzzy to read clearly. Have to make it more visible or cover it with another tribute to her. (I sound like a crazy cat lady, but I’m cool with it!)

I’ve also got a shamrock on my back hip. Most of my cousins on one side all have some form of shamrock or clover tattoo.

My husband is not a tattoo person, but yeah, he’d never in a million years tell me not to get any more. That just wouldn’t go over well. 😂

I'd like to get a laurel wreath tattooed on the base of my neck, to symbolize my victory over myself. It would be very delicate and feminine, too, which is something I never felt I was when I was at my heaviest.

I haven't had my surgery yet, but I am also saving for an arm lift and lower body lift. I know both procedures leave very long scars, and plan on getting some phrase of some sort along the scar on my arm. I was thinking along the lines of "beauty is only skin deep" - but I kinda' want something more metal than that \m/. :72_imp:

I am a huge Aliens fan (and cats) and have a very large thigh tattoo of a xenomorph holding three kittens (lol). I want to get a cat-xenomorph "jumping" up my right side, but I can absolutely not do that until I lose weight and have the skin procedures, otherwise it'll look like a hot mess, so I am looking forward to that day.

There's a lot of tattoos I anticipate getting. I recently got the one on my front thigh and one on my shoulder; the only two places I was confident wouldn't sag much. I have one I got when I was 130lbs and now it is very distorted because of my fat, so I hope when I lose weight it will reshape itself and look normal again, since it is on my pelvic bone and shouldn't sag.

I am planning one when I make my goal, and if I have any long scars maybe trailing ivy?

Wow, I hadn’t thought about that! Cool idea. I have one small crescent moon with vines on my ankle I drew when I was 18. I’m now 48 and have a corporate job. I like the idea of a feather like “light as a feather.” Something more symbolic would be cool. That will be fun to Google and think about!