Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery 5/2. Slow but sure wins the race. Under 200 lbs for the first time in a long time!

To those experiencing stalls at 3/4 weeks, don't panic. You are not doing anything wrong, your body just sometimes needs to rest a little and adapt to your changing dietary stages. You are likely still loosing size even while the scale stays the same (losing fat but holding Water while processing/digesting foods and metabolising fat etc).

I'm almost 6 weeks post op, and had my first stall from 2.5-3.5 weeks, then dropped 2 kilos (4.4lb) in about 3 days. I retain extra water during my period, and lose weight slower while fighting illness despite no changes in diet (just hitting winter here and already had hubby bring home and share a couple of really nasty cold viruses).

I'm inclined to look towards Creekimp's diet plan (based on mayo clinic diet), which says to work towards 1200 calories a day ASAP post surgery to get your metabolism reset to a reasonable long term post-sleeve calorie level and prevent metabolism damage from ultra low calories long term. I've still only been making it to about 800 calories a day and Protein target 75g but I am getting a little better with my solids portion sizes (was able to eat a whole scambled egg and a half serving of cooked sliced mushrooms this morning) so should be able to eat a little more solids volume soon. Although I want to avoid many processed nutrient deficient carbs like white bread and Pasta, I want to be including a range of healthy complex carbs like wholemeal breads, porridge, many veggies and some fruit.

I've just hit 101kg so I've ALMOST made it to the next milestone of being both below 100kg and below BMI 40. A long way already from my starting 121kg (highest 124kg) and BMI 49

My surgery date was May 4th - I'm 5 weeks out and lost 20 lbs since surgery. I feel great but I really thought it would be more by now .I haven't lost anything for about 2 weeks now and I don't want to get discouraged and I'm having a hard time trying to decide what to eat .
Hi, I had a conversion from sleeve to RNY on 5/17 and am tolerating soft foods, chewed well. I never vomited after either procedure. I would call your doctor.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 06/10/2018 at 20:36, lis11876 said:

5/18/18

SW 215

CW 190

GW 125

Hello. First post and I am really having some problems. I eat and instantly throw up. I have slowed down, smaller bites and even only eating @ 2 oz... always vomit. At times, I vomit slimy saliva then the food comes. Vomiting almost the whole meal. Does anyone have this problem? I have no problems with fluids. 🤷🏻‍♀️
This happens to me too. I just go back to soft foods and broths for a couple days to give my new pouch a rest. Then I go back to normal food and I’m good. My surgeon told me to not push myself and listen to my body. This seems to work for me.

Just an update for the other May buddies. I’m 44 days out from VSG, down 32.6 lbs since surgery and down 88 lbs since I started this journey in 2017. Since surgery I’ve lost 49 inches. Still not at Fluid or calorie or Protein goals. I do ok and then my pouch gets irritated and I start vomiting again. Then back to soft foods for a couple days to rest my pouch. But I’m getting there. I get jealous when I see people posting that they’d lost like 45 lbs in 3 or 4 weeks, but I remind myself about those 80 some pounds. Would I like to be a fast loser like others? You betcha! But I can’t remember the last time I lost 20 some lbs in less than 2 months and kept it off. I’ve got to start going to the gym, but I’m moving the first of July so I don’t want to join a place just to end up not being able to go there and having to join somewhere else. So I’m just walking for now.
Hoping to get my calories, fluid and protein up. I’ve heard I’ll lose faster once I meet the goals.
I was told to aim for 800-1,000 calories and 70-90 grams of protein a day. I’m just seeing a lot about 1,200 calories being optimal now. What are your daily goals?

I went on vacation for two weeks, and I tried to eat primarily salads and plain meat, but I also snacked a bit for the first time since surgery. I was surprised by my ability to nibble on pretty much anything and feel pretty ok. I tried new foods for the first time and I felt good in a bathing suit and even felt like I was losing weight. I was surprised to come home and to have not lost anything, especially with all the swimming and walking I did. There is a part of me that is afraid I’ve screwed this process up, and what if I’ve stopped losing?! What if I had this surgery to lose only 40 pounds?! I know it’s probably a stall, but these are my fears. Any one have similar experiences to share?

Hi friends! I know this thread is old, but since we are at our two year surgiversary, I thought I’d check in. I’ve lost about 123 pounds (HW 289), and I’m feeling pretty normal at this new size, meaning I’ve gotten used to it. I feel good, but still have insecurities like loose tummy and inner thigh skin. Overall, really happy to have had the surgery and would do it all over again.
How’s everyone else doing??