Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 minutes ago, Bryn910 said:

3 weeks post op and I got the ok to transition to soft foods but only soft cheese, seafood (except shrimp), tofu and eggs

Wooo! Congrats! Enjoy your new food ;)

1 minute ago, Pink nova said:

Wooo! Congrats! Enjoy your new food ;)

Thank you!

Hi annanay1, I am doing the sleeve on June 6th, a little nervous. Have you been on a liquid diet or anything for pre op?

Is anyone eating salads? How long did you wait? I’m technically 4 weeks out today.

On 05/27/2018 at 10:10, Bryn910 said:

17 days post op; surgery was May 10.

ended up being dehydrated at 1 week post op check up & got an IV bag of fluids. No complications after that. Doc has me on 3 week liquid diet so I am still on that. Have 3 week post up in 3 days, after that I move to soft foods and I am sooo looking forward to some crabs. Living in Maryland and it is the season for crabs!

i am getting bored being home for this long but doc said it’s mandatory that RNY patients stay out of work for 3 weeks; hoping to go back June 4th. I am getting in more than 70 ounces of fluids but only about 40 grams of Protein only because it takes so long to drink the Protein Drinks & having to wait 30 minutes before and after.

Highest weight was 264 lbs.

Surgery weight was 242 lbs.

current weight is 229 lbs.

We have similar stats! I just had my surgery this morning if you wanna message me and keep in touch with recovery and weight loss!!!

On 05/30/2018 at 22:46, baribetty said:

Is anyone eating salads? How long did you wait? I’m technically 4 weeks out today.
My husband had his 5/7. He’s eaten a spinach salad. Don’t know if that counts lol What is your meal plan like right now?

My surgery was on the 29 I am still in hospital. Anyone else feel like they have something stuck in there throat? I know I don’t but it feels like that. I can not keep down pain medication it makes me throw up they are way to sweet.

My surgery was on the 29 I am still in hospital. Anyone else feel like they have something stuck in there throat? I know I don’t but it feels like that. I can not keep down pain medication it makes me throw up they are way to sweet.

I made them give me everything thro IV I wouldn’t drink anything by mouth or eat. I had some ice chips but for the most part I didn’t eat the 3 days I was there. When I got home I felt better and experimented with liquids. Even the Gatorade that i now drink and like the orange G2 I wouldn’t drink it while I was at the hospital lol. I didn’t try either or forced myself. It wasn’t something i felt necessary to put myself through, I already had iv’s and I had a line for Med do I requested everything through my line.

Yo-Yo Girl from New York City :)

3 minutes ago, Yo-yo girl said:

I made them give me everything thro IV I wouldn’t drink anything by mouth or eat. I had some ice chips but for the most part I didn’t eat the 3 days I was there. When I got home I felt better and experimented with liquids. Even the Gatorade that i now drink and like the orange G2 I wouldn’t drink it while I was at the hospital lol. I didn’t try either or forced myself. It wasn’t something i felt necessary to put myself through, I already had iv’s and I had a line for Med do I requested everything through my line.

One of my requirements for discharge was that I was able to consume fluids and Proteins myself. Some hospitals (or surgeons) may require this for discharge.

On 05/26/2018 at 17:47, Devin872 said:

Hey there! I just had my sleeve surgery on Monday. Physically I’m doing really well... I’ve dropped 15 lbs already. I’m being active but not over doing it. My main issue is the fact that I WANT to eat. I tend to get mad that I can’t eat... anyone else having these issues? I need a buddy and support... my family is great but they don’t fully understand since they haven’t gone threw it. Any takers?
I was exactly the same way, it feels like you’re literally starving to death. I promise once you are cleared for real food you’ll feel so much better. I honestly just think that it’s the restriction that makes your brain think you’re going to die lol!

On 05/27/2018 at 10:06, Yo-yo girl said:

I’m still doing really small sippy cups. Takes 3 sips to finish one cup and when I’m feeling impatient I can do 2 sips. Water feels so weird in my pouch that I’m trying to avoid having to drink it altogether. Today suddenly my Gatorade didn’t taste so bad lol so I’ve been drinking the G2 low calorie (orange) and that has been nice sipping. It only has 35 cal and 8 carbs per bottle. I’m going to have those until I run out of the 6 bottles I have from the hosp and then I’ll try the flavored Protein water.. I think that will really help me get both my protein and water intake up. Do you get the sensation of fullness like you did before after lots of sipping? I haven’t felt hunger or fullness only tightness or a little voice in my head that says maybe that’s enough. It drives me crazy not feeling that ok I’m done sensation.

Try not to have your water so cold, that’s in thing I can feel in my stomach too is water but I’ve found that if it’s not freezing it’s not too bad. But I also can’t drink water unless it’s freezing hahah so I just deal with it.

One of my requirements for discharge was that I was able to consume fluids and Proteins myself. Some hospitals (or surgeons) may require this for discharge.

You’re right I couldn’t go home until I lied about drinking all my sippy cups [emoji23]

How is everyone’s energy level? I’m a month out and feeling easily fatigued.

44 minutes ago, baribetty said:

How is everyone’s energy level? I’m a month out and feeling easily fatigued.

I’m only on Day 9 and worked for half a day today for the first time since the surgery, and I was dragging by the end of 4 hours at a desk job.