Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had mine on 5/22 ... He found a Hiatal Hernia that he repaired and that has been my only issue! Zero pain except the shoulder pain and diaphragm pain...all from the hernia... no incision or tummy pain.. doesn’t feel like anything was done! Weird!

Hi I am having surgery June 7th. I am new to this site and am not sure how this works or if my posts are even loading. Any feedback would be great! Thank you!

Hi! Congrats on your surgery. You’ll get the hang of things soon. how the preop diet going?

Yo-Yo Girl from New York City :)

May 17 for me, so today is 12 days post-op. I had a ton of post-op pain which is mostly resolved now, but I've been so lucky to have had literally no issues drinking Water or Protein Shakes. No bloating or crampy feelings, no discomfort or tightness, and no nausea or vomiting at all.

I don't have hunger or a sense of fullness, I just sip when I think about it which is the hard part for me. I have no interest in the shakes anymore - I'm not hungry and after 21 days pre-op and 12 days post-op, I don't really want them, so it's difficult for me to actively push myself to drink them. I should be able to start purees on Friday and when I tell you I cannot wait.... man I CANNOT FREAKIN WAAAAAAAIIIITTTT!!!! I predict that will be a totally different ballgame haha so I'm interested to see if my RNY stays happy-go-lucky the way it is now or if I start experiencing some of the more common issues you guys have been talking about.

I'm not sure why but I haven't had any issues with taking normal sips of water. I'm not gulping it down or anything but I am not taking tiny sips or really even thinking about my sips, just drinking like I did before. Maybe I've always taken small sips, lol?

May 17 for me, so today is 12 days post-op. I had a ton of post-op pain which is mostly resolved now, but I've been so lucky to have had literally no issues drinking Water or Protein Shakes. No bloating or crampy feelings, no discomfort or tightness, and no nausea or vomiting at all.
I don't have hunger or a sense of fullness, I just sip when I think about it which is the hard part for me. I have no interest in the shakes anymore - I'm not hungry and after 21 days pre-op and 12 days post-op, I don't really want them, so it's difficult for me to actively push myself to drink them. I should be able to start purees on Friday and when I tell you I cannot wait.... man I CANNOT FREAKIN WAAAAAAAIIIITTTT!!!! I predict that will be a totally different ballgame haha so I'm interested to see if my RNY stays happy-go-lucky the way it is now or if I start experiencing some of the more common issues you guys have been talking about.
I'm not sure why but I haven't had any issues with taking normal sips of Water. I'm not gulping it down or anything but I am not taking tiny sips or really even thinking about my sips, just drinking like I did before. Maybe I've always taken small sips, lol?

I thought I had an easy recovery but I think you’ve got me beat. I never got gas, incision pain, cramps or anything else but it’s hard for me to do all that sipping although I’m getting better at it. This morning I was able to finish a Premier Protein shake and drink most of my medicine so that’s deff quite an accomplishment on this side. And about moving to the next stage, I’m not even going to lie I have been taking nibbles of things and chewing it throughly because I just want to taste it [emoji30] what does a day consist of for you? I usually will try to finish a Protein Shake but never get there (today I did) and I end up having like 4oz of Soup like 3 times a day. What I’m mostly looking fwd to is not having to crush my meds 🤢

48 minutes ago, Yo-yo girl said:

what does a day consist of for you? I usually will try to finish a Protein Shake but never get there (today I did) and I end up having like 4oz of Soup like 3 times a day. What I’m mostly looking fwd to is not having to crush my meds 🤢

Either two Premier Protein shakes or one shake and one Protein Water (also PP brand). That's enough, honestly, plus all the water. Sometimes I'll have broth here or there - I really like to have Soups that have all the stuff taken out instead of premade broth, lol, it tastes so much better that way! I've had Tomato Soup a few times, but dilute it with water b/c it has high fructose corn Syrup in it, blah. An occasional Jello. I've had popsicles once or twice. I would experiment more but I just am never hungry or interested, it's so freakin bizarre.

Don't think I haven't thought about trying the same thing! I'm making Beans and chili today to puree for later and I know it's going to be hard to resist blending a tiny bite up and trying it. I've also thought about ordering a Soup from Panera and putting it in the blender. But I really want to follow the letter of the law just in case something goes wrong - I'm so paranoid :lol: I would hate to have to admit to my surgeon that I forked up and that's why I'm in the ER or something haha.

Hello everyone. My surgery was May 2nd, gastric sleeve.
As of tomorrow it will be 4 weeks post op for me. My highest weight was 222 in November 2017, when I started the journey towards WLS.
My surgery weight was 207. I weighed myself yesterday and I weigh 193.1. (down 13.9 lbs since surgery, 28.9 lbs lost from highest weight).
I am struggling with fear. Scared that this drastic surgery will not work for me. Constantly wondering with each stomach pain, am I hungry?, am I eating too much?
I was upset when I realized that my weight loss since surgery is ONLY 13.9 lbs but I finally snapped out of that. I am losing weight and that is all that matters. The number on the scale is going down rather than up. Instead of worrying about failure, which leaves failure as an option I need to believe in myself and my tool. I struggle with food addiction but this tool gives me the ability to really think about what I am eating. I track my food and Water intake with my fitness pal. Getting enough water is a struggle for me. I am doing well with meeting my goals in Protein because of Protein Shakes (Isopure and Premier).
It is really hard to figure all of this out., to condense to three meals and a snack instead of sipping on liquids all day. What constitutes a meal really? How many ounces at one time? All the information I have learned and been given, and yet...it is so unclear to me.
My stomach has settled, not so many spasms. I try to listen to what my body is telling me. I am so happy I did this but it is difficult. This is the new normal for me. Best wishes to all of you!

13 days post op. Absolutely no surgical or incision pain from the moment I woke up. No pouch pain either. It was fantastic! My only pain was muscular (in my lower /mid back) from surgical positioning.
Unfortunately, as soon as I was able to start Protein Drinks, I began having “intestinal distress”. It took me until yesterday (with the help of this forum) to figure out that whey was causing the problem.
Haven’t been hungry.
Weighed 180 on the day of Surgery.
Weigh 171 today.
I needed the revision because my 11 year old Band/port just kinda went psycho!
Best wishes to all!

6 hours ago, Screwballski said:

13 days post op. Absolutely no surgical or incision pain from the moment I woke up. No pouch pain either. It was fantastic! My only pain was muscular (in my lower /mid back) from surgical positioning.
Unfortunately, as soon as I was able to start Protein Drinks, I began having “intestinal distress”. It took me until yesterday (with the help of this forum) to figure out that whey was causing the problem.
Haven’t been hungry.
Weighed 180 on the day of Surgery.
Weigh 171 today.
I needed the revision because my 11 year old Band/port just kinda went psycho!
Best wishes to all!

It's so funny that we are totally opposite. I had all the awful pain and none of the intestinal difficulties. Just goes to show that you can prepare yourself extensively but you have no idea what is going to happen when you wake up post-op!

Little Green...
That’s the truth!
I’m so thankful someone here suggested eliminating whey. These last two days have been wonderful!!!🙂

Hi guys! Today I joined the gym. I’m so excited [emoji123][emoji38]

Hi everyone!

I had my gastric bypass surgery on May 28th so I’m on day 3! So far, I have been able to tolerate the liquids no problem although I feel a tightening below my ribs and have a hard time breathing after eating. Does this mean I’m full? I have no idea. I’m trying to follow my meal plan but I can’t consume all the food they ate telling me to eat. I get the Protein Drink in and maybe some of the secondary items but not to the volume it states.

Ahh well, I’m just glad the surgery part is over and done with! When did you guys start taking the milk of magnesium and when did you have your first bm?

1 hour ago, Pink nova said:

Ahh well, I’m just glad the surgery part is over and done with! When did you guys start taking the milk of magnesium and when did you have your first bm?

Congrats on your surgery! I can't answer about the tightness/breathing after eating, sorry.

I had my first BM on day 5 post-op after taking one dose of Miralax. Turns out that I didn't need the help, lol... it was a very rumbly and crampy situation for the rest of that day due to using the Miralax when I should have just waited. (Since then I've had regular bowel movements almost daily without Miralax, Smooth Move tea, Milk of Magnesia, etc.) I would say take your stool softeners if you've been prescribed them, but don't worry about the big guns until you get to 5 or 6 days without a BM.

1 minute ago, Little Green said:

Congrats on your surgery! I can't answer about the tightness/breathing after eating, sorry.

I had my first BM on day 5 post-op after taking one dose of Miralax. Turns out that I didn't need the help, lol... it was a very rumbly and crampy situation for the rest of that day due to using the Miralax when I should have just waited. (Since then I've had regular bowel movements almost daily without Miralax, Smooth Move tea, Milk of Magnesia, etc.) I would say take your stool softeners if you've been prescribed them, but don't worry about the big guns until you get to 5 or 6 days without a BM.

Thank you! I will give it a few more days before I intervene with benefibre or milk of magnesia.

Guess I’m the weird one. I had BM first day out of hospital, but less of a Constipation issue than diarrhea at first. Doing less dairy helped some of that. Walking a lot seems to help.

I’m going to try some small curd cottage cheese tomorrow (Day8) and see how that goes. I made some Protein pudding tonight in case the experiment goes well. No trouble with liquids, but if I add Fiber supplement, it takes an hour to finish 8oz.

Had my 1week follow-up today with my PCP, and she gave me something to help me sleep through the night because that seems to be one of my major issues right now.

3 weeks post op and I got the ok to transition to soft foods but only soft cheese, seafood (except shrimp), tofu and eggs