Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some advice guys! Last few days, I am so tired. I could literally fall asleep talking to people. I was at a very important business meeting today. I kept blinking my eyes so much to keep them open, I'm afraid I looked crazy. I haven't had tiredness like this since I was diagnosed with sleep apnea a few years ago. My apnea number is really significant, 123 events per hour w/o the machine. I'd imagine my number is lower now since I've lost all this weight. Anyway, back on topic. I thought maybe my apneas were out of control some how because I can relate this tiredness to before the machine. I called my respiratory therapist who can download my sleep results remotely. She looked and said that my events per hour are less than 1 and my leakage is very low. Which leads me to my next question... what in the world is causing me to be this tired. This isn't just, "I'm a little tired today", this is a "I probably shouldn't drive my car home from work tired". I had my Vitamin levels checked at 3 months post op, which was just over a month ago. Everything was within normal ranges. Could something have changed in that short period of time? The crazy part is I've had a regular iced tea the last few days, and I haven't had caffeine in MONTHS. So I would have thought I would be even more alert. I'm seriously alarmed with the level of tired I feel. I don't know if I should go to the doctor or what....

Could you possibly be pregnant?

I would let your group know what's going on and do another round of testing. Particularly, pay attention to your Iron and B Vitamin levels.

Don't wait on talking to your doctor. Call tomorrow. Stay hydrated.

Edited by Creekimp13

7 minutes ago, Creekimp13 said:

I would let your group know what's going on and do another round of testing. Particularly, pay attention to your Iron and B Vitamin levels.

That was my first thought but I was going to PM Ash ;)

I have only ever felt that way when I was pregnant and when my OSA was out of control along with my Thyroid. Good luck! Hope it's happy news. 😉

37 minutes ago, Creekimp13 said:

5 minutes ago, Em_Jay75 said:

I have only ever felt that way when I was pregnant and when my OSA was out of control along with my Thyroid. Good luck! Hope it's happy news. 😉

I just finished a period, so very doubtful. It was a light one, but still very doubtful. I am using the NuvaRing for contraceptive as of right now. I will contact the doctor and check on everything. It's very concerning being this worn out.

Definitely! I wonder if there's something going on Thyroid-wise. Time for a complete check, the sooner the better. Hang in there. ❤️

32 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

That was my first thought but I was going to PM Ash ;)

Thanks girl! As that would be very happy news, it would also be cause for panic. I have a stipulation on my insurance that I withhold from pregnancy for 12 months, otherwise they could retract payment for my surgery, which they paid 100% of.

I sent my doctor an email to send over some labs. She's usually pretty good about doing this at my request. So fingers crossed I will figure it out soon.

Edited by AshAsh1

26 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

Thanks girl! As that would be very happy news, it would also be cause for panic. I have a stipulation on my insurance that I withhold from pregnancy for 12 months, otherwise they could retract payment for my surgery, which they paid 100% of.

Wow! My husband would be ticked cause my lady parts would be closed for 12 months for fear of even the smallest accident happening 😂😂

3 minutes ago, Bryn910 said:

Wow! My husband would be ticked cause my lady parts would be closed for 12 months for fear of even the smallest accident happening 😂😂

We JUST had sex for the first time at the beginning of May. We were abstinent for 5 full months. I had to find a vaginal birth control, for fear that an oral contraceptive wouldn't be as affective with the mal-absorptive piece of the RNY. Then, I had to wait 2 cycles to make sure that I got my period and everything "seemed to be working". But I'm allergic to latex, and so condoms are just not an option. Plus, the alternatives are a joke. But my bill from the hospital and surgeon totaled over $87k. Not risking pregnancy for anything at this point.

35 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

Wow! As you can prove you were on a long-term birth-control method at the time, maybe that won't be an issue. You were taking (what seemed like) adequate precautions.

2 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

We JUST had sex for the first time at the beginning of May. We were abstinent for 5 full months. I had to find a vaginal birth control, for fear that an oral contraceptive wouldn't be as affective with the mal-absorptive piece of the RNY. Then, I had to wait 2 cycles to make sure that I got my period and everything "seemed to be working". But I'm allergic to latex, and so condoms are just not an option. Plus, the alternatives are a joke. But my bill from the hospital and surgeon totaled over $87k. Not risking pregnancy for anything at this point.

So I guess we all hope you have the flu?

1 minute ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Wow! As you can prove you were on a long-term birth-control method at the time, maybe that won't be an issue. You were taking (what seemed like) adequate precautions.

I would hope that if true accident happened, that they would make an exception. Its a big risk, so we are just super careful.

1 minute ago, AshAsh1 said:

I don’t blame you, that $87k price tag is insane. But I fear that my gynecologist will want me on another form of birth control for the exact same reason of malabsorption. This scares me because frankly I haven’t used any other form in the 12 years I have used it. Nuva ring would be my only option as I am not a fan of anything else. And I have pcos and the pills help with the cysts. But we shall see

1 minute ago, Bryn910 said:

I don’t blame you, that $87k price tag is insane. But I fear that my gynecologist will want me on another form of birth control for the exact same reason of malabsorption. This scares me because frankly I haven’t used any other form in the 12 years I have used it. Nuva ring would be my only option as I am not a fan of anything else. And I have pcos and the pills help with the cysts. But we shall see

My thoughts exactly. I refused to do an IUD. I told my husband that I'd rather go a year without sex. We've had fertility issues for the last 5 years. Part of the reason I did this surgery is to get pregnant, but not before the 12 months. But in January of 2019, no matter where I am at in the weight loss track, I will be on the baby train. I've waited long enough.

I have actually like the NuvaRing. I have PCOS as well, so I'm not sure if it is helping with cysts.