Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Gastric Bypass?

I had RNY and definitely have restriction. When I’m full I get hiccups, and if I eat too much I get nauseated.

Nope not me. Very rarely do I get tightness in my throat or upper chest when eating too much which would be great if I got it every time so I know when to stop eating. :(

11 hours ago, NYJenn said:

Question for fellow July folks. I’m doing great, down 75 lbs. but suddenly drinking Water has become difficult, almost painful/lots of pressure. Anyone have this? I almost always drink room temp Water. Is that bad?

I had that between 5-7 weeks I think. I don't have it now and I am just short of 4 months post-op RNY. 75 lbs!! That's awesome, good for you! I'm stalled right now. I don't think I'm eating enough, and I need to up my gym-game.

10 hours ago, lilybilly said:

Hey guys!! Had my surgery July 19th and I'm down 75 since surgery. I feel like I dnt have much restriction. But I have felt hungry since surgery, that helps. When I really need to eat I just get weak l.

Sent from my SM-G965F using BariatricPal mobile app

Good for you! I feel like a loser now only losing about 60 lbs so far and I had my surgery the day before you lol. Owell, everyone is different. Whatever you're doing, keep it up! Just don't forget to eat :)

11 hours ago, NYJenn said:

Question for fellow July folks. I’m doing great, down 75 lbs. but suddenly drinking Water has become difficult, almost painful/lots of pressure. Anyone have this? I almost always drink room temp Water. Is that bad?

Please call your surgeon's office for advice and to rule out any possible medical complications. In the meantime, try standing up straight whenever you get that feeling while drinking water. My surgeon recommended this as a quick remedy when water seems to get "stuck."

I thought I'd share some of my own "fun facts":

Weight lost after surgery (7/25): 67#

Inches lost since surgery (abs): 8.25

Inches lost since surgery (waist): 7.5

Inches lost since surgery (neck): 2

Lost since 2-day pre-op clear liquid diet: 75#

Lost since April: 89#

And my favorite stat is total weight lost since my highest weight (around 10/2015): 102#

I was a 7/15 date and I am at 43 lbs down. I know I have a bigger pouch (5 bites) so mine will be slower than most but I also got a little lenient when I was working 80 hours a week with my eating and now I'm back on track. The one upside to losing slow is your skin has time to adjust so just keep moving and it will come off!

Anyone else notice a pretty huge fluctuation in weight around that time of month? I gain like 3 lbs and then it drops right after the monthly is done plus another 2. It's pretty crazy...every month.

9 minutes ago, cmackpmp said:

I was a 7/15 date and I am at 43 lbs down. I know I have a bigger pouch (5 bites) so mine will be slower than most but I also got a little lenient when I was working 80 hours a week with my eating and now I'm back on track. The one upside to losing slow is your skin has time to adjust so just keep moving and it will come off!

Thanks for those words cmackpmp. I am still too hard on myself. Everyone else sees my weight loss except me. I would definitely rather my skin had more time to tighten up. I feel better. Thanks for making my Friday better 😍

14 minutes ago, Frostie1975 said:

Thanks for those words cmackpmp. I am still too hard on myself. Everyone else sees my weight loss except me. I would definitely rather my skin had more time to tighten up. I feel better. Thanks for making my Friday better 😍

Yeah, this is my second go round after my lap band that I had for 10 years failed on me. I definitely think in hindsight that slow loss is best because my skin never looked crazy and again it doesn't this time either. It's pulling back in very nicely. I think Water is key as well...I have to remind myself daily to load up on water in the morning before I eat anything so it has enough room to fit in. I have tried fasting until noon as well and only drinking water and that seems to kick start weight loss

Good for you! I feel like a loser now only losing about 60 lbs so far and I had my surgery the day before you lol. Owell, everyone is different. Whatever you're doing, keep it up! Just don't forget to eat [emoji4]
Your wonderful dnt you worry about it. 60lbs is awesome.

I had my RNY on 7/10/18. have lost 55 lbs so far. But I have noticed that because I have no restrictions, except apples, I can eat about anything. I get backed up. So I gain 1-2 lbs and than bam. Lost 3. This fluctuation and stalls get so depressing sometimes. But I move forward and look for those BAM!!! moments. I do not regret my new pouch. In fact I enjoy having more time to do crafts and not looking in the cupboard for food and Snacks all the time. Great job to all those July surgery peeps. Great weight loss.!!!

Hi guys...how did y'all make it through the holiday season? I ate just about anything (small portions) and gained 2lbs and I'm so down on myself now..I will be six months post op on the 19th and I was hoping to have lost more weight.
Highest weight December 2017 360
My surgery weight 348
Current is 250
Just wish I had lost more weight seeing that the loss is a lot slower now. Arrrgg feeling disappointed wondering if I work through my bad habits and if I will regain, since I seem to not have any restrictions and I feel hungry sometimes.

100 pounds is a massive loss!! I will be six months on 27th and I’ve lost 70 lbs. I’ve started to get hungry now so I think that hormone has returned. I had so much dumping and sensitivity at the beginning but now I can eat anything! Found the holidays difficult as so much temptation and tried chocolate for the first time since surgery and had the worst dumping ever. I’ve looked at doing the reset diet for a few days to see if the helps?
Highest weight 303 lbs
Surgery weight 275 lbs
Current weight 203lbs