Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Gastric Bypass?

I had revision from sleeve to bypass on 7/30. How are you feeling?

I’m doing find eating stage two soft foods one week now on that got to eat that stage for 4 weeks. Dumped one time and no vomiting. Take my Vitamins and try my best to get my fluids and Protein in. Thanks for asking hru

Okay @ lovelyj929, I give up- what are you happy DH is bringing home to you? Now you have me curious and at 4 AM on a Monday morning that isn't TOO GOOD! Means I'm missing sleep, doesn't it?😪😙😪

On 08/20/2018 at 13:01, denisheri said:

Hi all

I had my surgery on the 27th July, I am now on the purée diet. How much weigh do you expect to lose in these first 3-4 weeks?
I lost 20 the first two weeks stalled on the third week and the scale moved one pound down yesterday. The 25th makes it one month for me.

I feel so fat today like my belly is bigger than it was yesterday or any other day...

I also had surgery on 27th July, I’ve only lost about six pounds. I have really struggled to eat and my nurse said the less you eat the less you loss as body in starvation mode. I am really trying to add more food each day but have been feeling really sick.

Hey ya'll! I start classes tomorrow what can I take for lunch? ?? And Snacks? ? Im in college junior year so my classes give me a break at 11-12:30 but im there from 8am-about 3:20! Any snacks and food ideas? Also portion sizes?

Poppy girl: I had mine on 7/24 and I also have been struggling to eat. Everything makes me bloat and cramp and hurt— it’s awful. Trying to focus on shakes, I guess?! Maybe you should call your doc and ask if they had advice. I went in today and the NP told me to start my day with omeprezol or something like that. I also started taking tums all day and that’s helping a little?

Sorry to hear you are feeling like this too Nina. Yes I find that everything makes me feel sick and really put me off eating. I am pushing the fluids and they have just given me some new anti sickness tablets. I am second week of purred foods, but my nurse suggested some scrambled egg tonight for the first time as I like egg. Managed a few mouthfuls and I seem okay, just feeling bloated now after fluids this evening. She assured me that it will get better so I am holding on to that right now!

Now that does make some sense, sorry I was so nibby,you just got my interest when I couldn't sleep.< /p>

6 hours ago, mercmerc said:

Hey ya'll! I start classes tomorrow what can I take for lunch??? And Snacks?? Im in college junior year so my classes give me a break at 11-12:30 but im there from 8am-about 3:20! Any Snacks and food ideas? Also portion sizes?

We had surgery on the same day, but I don't know what's allowed for you at this stage. For me, I'm supposed to be working up to 1/2 cup of food this week, but I should stop eating if I feel full before 1/2 cup. Some of the foods I can and do eat now, and will pack in my lunchbox next week:

- canned tuna with mayo

- ritz crackers (snack or side item)

- fruit cocktail (don't drink the juice)

- cottage cheese

- refried Beans with some shredded cheddar cheese on top

- baked fish (salmon, cod, tilapia) - probably best eaten at home. :-)

Edited by gr8ful1