Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Gastric Bypass?

7 hours ago, ellebeekay said:

Had my sleeve surgery on Tuesday 7/17. It went very well and was actually less pain than I anticipated. Did run into trouble today and had some gas pains and dizziness. I’m pretty sure the gas is from being constipated and the dizziness from dehydration. I really concentrated on getting Fluid in me and that seems to be better. Good luck to everyone!

Had my sleeve surgery on Thursday. The pain is not as bad as I thought just a lot of gas pains. Hard to drink the 4oz every hour? Anyone else experience this?

24 minutes ago, coco38 said:

Had my sleeve surgery on Thursday. The pain is not as bad as I thought just a lot of gas pains. Hard to drink the 4oz every hour? Anyone else experience this?

I can only get down 1 ounce an hour

10 more days! This is my diet for the next 9! Eeeek!

image-0.00393390655517578.jpg

How is everyone feeling right now? I get paranoid about aches, and someone told me a stomach binder might be helpful for back pain? Anyone of an opinion?

I had bypass on the 17th. The days in the hospital sucked. Working to get liquids in the first four days was tough and I thought I would need something for pain management forever. But now I’ve gone a day without the Lortab and feel like I’m on the mend. My abs hurt much less.

My weight has been crazy. My starting weight was 344. My surgery day weight was 299. I left the hospital weighing 312, and now I’m back down to 295.

2 minutes ago, insta_adventurer said:

I had bypass on the 17th. The days in the hospital sucked. Working to get liquids in the first four days was tough and I thought I would need something for pain management forever. But now I’ve gone a day without the Lortab and feel like I’m on the mend. My abs hurt much less.

My weight has been crazy. My starting weight was 344. My surgery day weight was 299. I left the hospital weighing 312, and now I’m back down to 295.

Congratulations on surgery. Mine was the 19th. It’s been hard keeping down the liquid. My weight before the surgery was 252. Day of 245 let the hospital weighing 249 now 243. Can you keep the liquid down now?

I’m on day 7 of my pre-op full liquid diet, and the weight I’m losing is slowing down...I’m curious how much others lost in their pre-op diet? I’m following instructions to a T and I don’t want my surgeon to see how little I’ve lost and think I was cheating!

@mercmerc and @Nnoi. I hope things are going good. I plan to start my prediet August 1st so I will be fine-tuned to join you both in Post-Surgery Land. Still excited for it to happen, come visit me over on the September forum, I miss you both. Prediet👣 looks doable on paper!😛👍😛❤

Hi Everyone,

I had my sleeve done on the 19th. Only a few small issues because of some underlying problems but nothing major. A little sore on the right side but I am looking forward to getting back to my new self😂

07/22/2018 01:30 PM, coco38 said:

Congratulations on surgery. Mine was the 19th. It’s been hard keeping down the liquid. My weight before the surgery was 252. Day of 245 let the hospital weighing 249 now 243. Can you keep the liquid down now?

Congratulations to you too! liquids are much easier now, but really the only liquid I’ve been drinking a lot of is Water. I’m able to get down a half a Premier Protein shake or half a Protein water at a time (over like 20 minutes). Everything else I’m allowed to drink just tastes a bit blah to me... I’ve occasionally been having two ounces of bone broth cause it’s approved for me... it’s got some Protein and is warm and salty so it’s a nice reprieve.

On 07/22/2018 at 10:50, Frustr8 said:

@mercmerc and @Nnoi. I hope things are going good. I plan to start my prediet August 1st so I will be fine-tuned to join you both in Post-Surgery Land. Still excited for it to happen, come visit me over on the September forum, I miss you both. Prediet👣 looks doable on paper!😛👍😛❤
I sure will! Only 3 more days! Im freaking out! Trying to do the best I can on these next few days with the liquid diet! Its been agony!!! But i miss you too! ❤️❤️ will visit!

I had surgery last week, July 17th.