Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Gastric Bypass?

I have mine on July 2, 2018

I'm excited but nervous at the same time! :51_scream:

Nervous about if this is the rite thing to do..Ive lost 86 lbs on my own in 2014 but i hit plateau and i feel like this is my only option rite now. Also im nervous about something going wrong just random things come to mind.

Two of my friends have gotten it and have been successful but either way its nerve racking

:48_weary:

I completely agree. My mom had the surgery and was successful. I don’t think I’m as nervous about the after part as I am about the surgery itself. I’ve never had surgery-other than tonsils when I was very little-and I’m worried about complications during. Try to stay positive and keep your mind of it! Everything is going to be okay. Our whole lives are about to change for the better!

Nervous because I have been below 200 pounds since I was 23 and had my first child. Nervous because I have been comfortable with my weight since then. Nervous because I’ve had a cesarean before and I don’t do well on anesthesia. I don’t like the pain you wake up too lol.

Ya the surgery part is scary for me! This is my first surgery but I know that everything will be okay.. Like my doctor said " Just worry about the new wardrobe you will need"

Haven’t sry. Nervous of how my significant other will see me after. Nervous because I’ve told my mom and sister who then told more people then I wanted to know.

My friends have told me that they haven't had any pain its just discomfort but that's about it. If you handled the c-section I'm sure you will do great on this surgery.

Yes I agree with Eliza. I’m sure if you made it through having a CHILD this will be a walk in the park compared to that pain. I too worry about anesthesia. I think it’s a pretty common fear.

Thats what excites me. New clothes. Being comfortable dressing up again. Wearing 6’”heels again. :D

Did you guys ask why the gastric sleeve and no the bypass??

I see a lot of people on here that have gotten the sleeve.

My doctor let me choose the sleeve. But I picked it because I have a low Iron count already because of really heavy cycles. The bypass will make that worse for me.

I’m doing the bypass because I want to lose the maximum amount of weight. I think the sleeve is a slightly “safer” surgery, from what I’ve heard, but there’s also the possibility that you could develop GERD afterwards

okay nice.

Well my doctor told me that she picked the bypass because I'm young and she wants me to loose the most weight and because of diabetes

How old are you if you don’t mind me asking? It’s great to hear people younger then myself are willing to do the surgery. Haven’t spoken with any. I have lots of older people(family mainly) telling me you can lose it if you tried your still young. Sucks to hear. I think this surgery is a big step for anyone at any age. I’m happy I made the decision to get it. Not happy I choose to tell my mom so much. :rolleyes::D