Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Gastric Bypass?

I am having mine on July 23. Very excited to get this done and start the next part of life! I’m in MN. How about you? When and where?

Who knows,i could be in your group instead of the June one after all. Will you promise to be nice to,little ole me?

MN_Meg770, I started mine already and some are disgusting 😞 My Nutritionist already has me replacing Breakfast with a shake. So far Premier is my go to!

Frusr8, Always 😉

On 5/23/2018 at 7:08 PM, Em_Jay75 said:

Mine is July 3rd and I'm in NC. I'm excited too!!! YaY Us.

Hey Em_Jay,

How's it going? Are you getting ready for your surgery date? Mine is further out but I still need to get all the Vitamins and stuff for the pre-surgery diet. I am anxious to just get through it. I am getting nervous reading horror stories on here. I am so terrified of vomiting! My surgeon insists I shouldn't get sick if I am following the rules unless there is a complication of some type. How long do you plan to be off of work? I plan on 2 weeks but I may work from home some the second week.

Well, just wanted to say hi! Hope you're having a good weekend!

Megan

Hey Megan,
I've been preparing slowly. I have all of my Vitamins, but am still leery about stocking up on too much Protein since I've read our taste buds can change after surgery. Don't want to be stuck with something that's disgusting! I haven't purchased a single thing for the pre-op diet because they haven't told me what I will be having.

My pre-surgery appointment is the 18th - we have a group appointment when we go over the diet etc., then an appointment with the psychologist, then the surgeon to review everything and ask any questions, and last of all we go over and pre-register @ the hospital.

I'm excited and nervous!! I fear the foamies!! I've read some experiences with it and it appears to be dreadful! I am also not looking forward to the Lovenox Injections we have to do. It appears that things can either be super easy or super awful, but after a while it seems to settle for everyone. It's getting closer!! Our lives are about to change! 🙌🏼

- Melissa

Hello, I have just joined the forum today and starting to feel a little overwhelmed. I am due to have my gastric by pass in the UK on 23rd July. Would love to join your group and have some support with what everyone else is going though. I have also hidden this from my family (apart from my husband) as I want to protect my son from what I am doing. Told people I am having my gall bladder removed!! I have been told to start a liver shrinkage diet three weeks before the op. I haven't really started preparing anything yet apart from ordering the Vitamins.

On 5/31/2018 at 10:36 AM, mercmerc said:

July 25th! Its so far! Wish it was closer

Mine is set for July 25th, too! It looks like I have a ventral hernia though, so I may have to reschedule if I want the doc to fix that, too. He's got multiple surgeries that day, so I'm thinking he may need more time. Seeing him again in a couple of weeks to discuss that.

Hey Poppygirl, I'm a bit overwhelmed also! Trying to stay positive. I'm having Hernia Surgery @ the same time so I have left it @ that - I'm having surgery to repair a bad hernia. I don't really want to share what I'm doing with everyone as I have enough to worry about than what everyone will think. 😉

gr8ful1,

I think most surgeons will repair it at the same time instead of doing two separate surgeries. Hopefully yours will!