Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, Matt Z said:

For cheese, there are Whisps, Moon Cheese, and Just the cheese for brands of cheese only Snacks.

Not to go off subject but we have similar starting stats and goal stats. Off by one pound.

That's amazing that you have lost that much in that time.

7 minutes ago, jrsone said:

Not to go off subject but we have similar starting stats and goal stats. Off by one pound.

That's amazing that you have lost that much in that time.

The stats in the post block are a little skewed. My starting weight was 370, way back in 2011. I got down to 300ish and then floated around 300-310 since, I'm down 48.2 since my surgery on March 21st. I tried to figure out how to add all the stats to denote the first "failed" WLS... but sadly this forum isn't configured to allow that. Sorry for the confusion!

Edited by Matt Z

1 minute ago, Matt Z said:

The stats in the post block are a little skewed. My starting weight was 370, way back in 2011. I got down to 300ish and then floated around 300-310 since, I'm down 48.2 since my surgery on March 21st. I tried to figure out how to add all the states to denote the first "failed" WLS... but sadly this forum isn't configured to allow that. Sorry for the confusion!

That's no problem, still impressive. I'm about 40 since my surgery so it looks like I'm on pace.

I was I was doing something really wrong!

1 minute ago, jrsone said:

That's no problem, still impressive. I'm about 40 since my surgery so it looks like I'm on pace.

I was I was doing something really wrong!

That's that "Revision pace", slower, but supposedly more consistent. Guess we'll see! Congrats BTW, I know exactly what you are dealing with LOL

And now back to your regularly scheduled forum posts.

I have a low fat single serving of cottage cheese. 19 grams of Protein 6 grams sugar. Just read the labels before buying.

Orchids&dragons I make zucchini chips to the point they are almost charred but I love them that way. I season them well and toss them in the oven at 400 for about 15 minutes flip them and back in for another 20 - 30. I also do chickpeas at 400 a little olive oil seasoning and in the oven for about 1 hour. Crunch, crunch, crunch. Hope you enjoy. Cut the zucchini thick nit thin they will almost disappear if to thin.

2 minutes ago, kimberlymi said:

Orchids&dragons I make zucchini chips to the point they are almost charred but I love them that way. I season them well and toss them in the oven at 400 for about 15 minutes flip them and back in for another 20 - 30. I also do chickpeas at 400 a little olive oil seasoning and in the oven for about 1 hour. Crunch, crunch, crunch. Hope you enjoy. Cut the zucchini thick nit thin they will almost disappear if to thin.

Do you just put them on a sheet pan or a sil-pat?

I stick to a meal plan. I am so focused on getting my fluids in and you cannot eat 30 mins after drinking something and an hour after. This sounded ridiculous to me until I did it and vomited or had pain.

Snacks come last for me in regards to Fluid intake.

I set a timer and eat every 4 hours keeping my meals under 4oz and trying to find the most Protein rich possibility I can.

I do throw in a Premier Protein shake (30g in 11 oz) which doubles as protein and fluid.

Maybe this would be a great filling snack for you.

My meal plan will be multiple meals per day. I heard a very wise doctor say that there is no such thing as a healthy snack. The desire to have a snack is either mental or it's because you aren't eating the right type/amount of food at meal time. It sounds great and I plan on trying my best to follow that advice, but it will certainly be hard at first to break that habit/mindset.

Edited by Ylime

So if it’s not breakfast/lunch/dinner (ie three meals a day) how do you define snack versus meal? Curious about the semantics.... most of my meals are the size of a “normal” persons snack.

I can’t get all my food in three “square meals.” Does that mean I am snacking? Why is that unhealthy?

Or is a “snack” something you don’t plan for? What if you aren’t hungry when you’ve planned to eat? Should you eat anyway? What if you are truly hungry and you haven’t planned to eat then?

Curious. It’s interesting how different people’s plans are.

I’ve lost 135lbs and kept it off for almost four years, but can’t it with three meals a day, wouldn’t want to.