Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not sure it's working

4 hours ago, Krazyred said:

Are all of you sleeves? I am1 week post of gastric bypass. I may be in the wrong section. I have never posted on a board before. Lol. As I said I am one week post op and have not gone down a pound. I'm struggling to get in all of the Protein and Water each day. I am still having right shoulder pain. 1 last thought. Seeing many people eat (drink) Tomato and other Soups but this seems out of the carb/protein ratio recommended by my doc. Any thoughts appreciated!

The shoulder pain is most likely from gas pain. Are you walking because that helps with the gas pains. I'm 7 week post op and I struggled with getting all my Protein in. If I couldn't get my protein in I drink more Water, that helped with the constipation...tmi..but hey...it gets real LOL.! I never tried Tomato Soup during my first weeks. It was Jello, broth, SF popsicles, and protein....repeat and repeat. What are some of the other things you're eating?

I’m feeling the same way too 5 days out. I feel I can eat a lot more food than I am meant to. I dream about cake. Don’t feel alone! I got no suggestions though but can definitely empathise!

13 hours ago, Krazyred said:

Are all of you sleeves? I am1 week post of gastric bypass. I may be in the wrong section. I have never posted on a board before. Lol. As I said I am one week post op and have not gone down a pound. I'm struggling to get in all of the Protein and Water each day. I am still having right shoulder pain. 1 last thought. Seeing many people eat (drink) Tomato and other Soups but this seems out of the carb/protein ratio recommended by my doc. Any thoughts appreciated!

Each program is different. Mine doesn't have a "carb/protein ratio", it is just Protein first. So for me, as long as I was hitting my protein goal, and making healthy choices otherwise (tomato Soup, not ice cream), I didn't stress about it. I also sometime fortified my Soups with egg white Protein Powder, to help meet my protein goals.

I’m so sorry you’re having these problems and so soon in your journey. You’ve got to figure out what works best for you. Like others have mentioned, it sounds like vegan Protein powders or drinks would be best for you. They don’t usually have as much protein per serving as milk based Proteins but they are much more tolerable in my experience. One that I really like is CalNaturale Svelte. I buy it on Amazon. It’s kind of expensive, but well worth it. I hope you find something that works, fast!

I had the same issues in the beginning. I switched over to Unjury bariatric Protein (https://www.unjury.com/unjury-starter-kit.html) and used sugar free Almond milk. I also started eating Beans and chewing them to the purified stage. I actually enjoy chili since it is more flavorful and squish the beans with my fork. These help me feel full because they take longer to eat and are protein. They also help keep you regular.

@TanishaRnY, I bought the last 2 packages of Svelte French vanilla my local Wal-Mart was clearing out, gosh I wish they were still carrying it. It does taste good, no overwhelming soy over-taste. Yes it is a little poorer in Protein but when I use it for my night snack I sleep so well..😁

Im with you. I was hungry all the time and thought about food where as before surgery I truly believed I would NOT be hungry at all. This was not the case for me. The inner fat girl does not shut up. I remember out of the hospital I wanted to eat sour power belts, vegetarian nachos, and mexican food. Those were all things I loved so much. Before surgery I made super low carb versions of mexican food which was amazing but it was the taste I missed the most and the thought of not having a savory dish for a while was torcher.

Im 2 weeks out and the food craving are less but Im still hungry with the difference that I could only put a tiny amount of food in me. Believe it or not once you start feeling your body say no to certain solid foods you just wont want it anymore because its not worth the pain of feeling like a stuffed sausage with real bad nausea. Also weight drop off is different with people. Some people had sheepishly shed weight others is like a slow peeling of layers...Hang in there my friend...

I got some special Protein gel. Sf and 16 grams of protein per tablespoon. Been doing that with the Soup. In addition not with.lol I've been eating the Jello sf. Put 1 tbs canned whip cream on it. Delicious!! The pure protein Carmel shake is sweet too. I have some fruit juice type drinks which are made by BariWise. Those are really good. I have Popsicle trays on the way and plan to freeze those for protein and a snack.

I wouldn't know what to do with a regular popsicle at this point in the game[emoji4]

Show someone a little kindness each day~Miss Tee

This sounds like carb withdrawal. I get the same way when I first stop all carbs. I become hungry as heck until I get enough Protein in me to take over, it usually takes about 8 days or so for my lack of hunger to kick in once I give up carbs.

[mention=339782]josephsmom[/mention]
eeeeek - 8 days and you are already thinking sleeve won't work for you!! It's a common phrase that "we are all different". Amount of weight we loose, how much and how fast. directions we get from our NUT/doc.
Many OP say they have no/little hunger post op X amount of weeks, months. Even more than a year.
Others, like you, remain hungry despite WLS. You are probably on all liquids. That's not filling!! Once you start mushy, soft, solid foods - your tummy will/should be satisfied. "It" does get better!!! -
good luck bud:rolleyes:
kathy

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using BariatricPal mobile app

eeeeek - 8 days and you are already thinking sleeve won't work for you!! It's a common phrase that "we are all different". Amount of weight we loose, how much and how fast. directions we get from our NUT/doc.
Many OP say they have no/little hunger post op X amount of weeks, months. Even more than a year.
Others, like you, remain hungry despite WLS. You are probably on all liquids. That's not filling!! Once you start mushy, soft, solid foods - your tummy will/should be satisfied. "It" does get better!!! -
kathy

kathy

On 5/27/2018 at 9:00 PM, Krazyred said:

I had the sleeve done a little over a mouth ago. I also had right shoulder pain for a week or so. It's because of the gas they put in you for surgery. I also had a had time with getting everything in. I still haven't reached Protein and Water goals fully yet, but it gets better.

I was also told not to drink/eat Tomato juice or Soup at least for the 1st month due to the acidity.

Joseph’s mom
Definitely go get some vegan Protein powder! Bone Broth protein works well too. I had the same problem!!! I drank whey protein for years. Never had any problems. First shake after surgery... and for the next 9 days, I exploded. The doctors tested me for everything! It wasn’t until someone here said to switch from whey to a plant based protein did the nightmare end. Now I can actually leave the house. Yay!!!!