Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st day of pre-op diet & I totally sucked at it!

I thought Day 1 would have been easier than it was. I was pumped and motivated yet failed. I at another 3 ounces of meat because my head was killing me. It didn’t help & now I’ve actually CHEATED myself. I pray tomorrow will be better and I need y’all to send prayers and positive energy my way.

Thank you, Amy! I will strive to do better tomorrow.

1 week down for me, one to go. It hasn't really gotten any easier for me but I keep plugging along. You can do it!

The pre op diet is the hardest part. Its all mental...you can do it!

HW: 256
SW: 238(4/25/18)
CW: 224
GW: 165

I’m on day 2 and it isn’t easy. During the day at work is easier than the evenings. My husband cooks all the meals, and to make it easier for me he’s been cooking stuff he knows I don’t like. Bless him, he is being so supportive. The Optifast Soups are so bland, not sure I’ll buy more after this 2 weeks.

I'm on day 7 out of 14. the first 3 days were extremely hard. Day 4 and 5 were slightly better. Once you get to Day 6, the hunger pains start going away. Now at Day 7 I barely feel hungry at all until like 2-3 pm. It is definitely dooable, you just need to focus and get past the beginning hurdle. The longer you go without food, the easier it becomes. When you start cheating your body starts to expect food again, which makes it worse because then its like starting from Day 1 again if that makes sense. Stay strong!

The key to pre-op is Water WATER WATER and more WATER! Headaches and other aches and pains can be caused by your body needing to flush out toxins and other used up materials.

Most importantly, DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP!

No one is perfect.

Read that last line again.

Now, get back on the horse and start again. It sucks, but it does get easier. This journey isn't easy nor without it's struggles, get ready for some serious road blocks. As long as you remember to always be your best, you'll do fine.

Every time you think you can't make it or want to cheat. Just remember exactly why you are doing this in the first place. Only you can make this happen.
You got this.

I am day 8 of 14, its gotten easier. Dont beat yourself up theres always tomorrow. I found myself more physically active to keep my mind off food. And yes Water water water

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app