Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having my Sleeve surgery this Wednesday 05/23/2018 at 9:30 am. I am a nerve wreck 😓 right now. I can't stop thinking if something goes wrong, my children (8 of them). Which they are the main reason why I am doing my surgery, they need healthy mom to be able and play sports ⚽ with them and not get tired in 10 minutes.....and of course 2nd reason is for me to feel 💃 sexy again.

Try to keep all the reason you are doing this in the front of your mind. Do not let yourself dwell on the very very small 1% complication rate.

This is a very safe surgery and you will be fine and so much happier when you get this part behind you.

it is the what ifs that will drive you nuts. try to stay busy - 8 kids that should not be hard

3 minutes ago, allwet said:

Try to keep all the reason you are doing this in the front of your mind. Do not let yourself dwell on the very very small 1% complication rate.

This is a very safe surgery and you will be fine and so much happier when you get this part behind you.

it is the what ifs that will drive you nuts. try to stay busy - 8 kids that should not be hard

Thanks allwet. Your right focus,focus,focus! I got this 💪

I felt the same way right before surgery. All kinds of thoughts run through your head, but it's a pretty quick procedure and you are not likely to have complications. Try not to think about the negative and focus on the positives and the reasons you chose to do it.

Good luck to you as you start your journey!!

8 hours ago, Rebecca Zaragoza said:

Having my Sleeve surgery this Wednesday 05/23/2018 at 9:30 am. I am a nerve wreck 😓 right now. I can't stop thinking if something goes wrong, my children (8 of them). Which they are the main reason why I am doing my surgery, they need healthy mom to be able and play sports ⚽ with them and not get tired in 10 minutes.....and of course 2nd reason is for me to feel 💃 sexy again.

Good Luck..wish you all the best..

I'm feeling the same way I'm scheduled for June 4th and I'm freaking out thinking about my kids if something goes wrong. I've honestly just been researching to make myself feel better to see the actual statistics of something bad happening and house minuscule they are. And talking to my husband, sister, counselor and whoever else will listen to me about it. I'm so scared but I keep telling myself it will be like 2 seconds to me and I'll be awake and everything will be over and done with. It will be ok. You will be ok and be an ascribe energetic mommy for your kiddos. good luck tomorrow

Sent from my LG-H918 using BariatricPal mobile app

7 hours ago, ED_DO said:

7 hours ago, ED_DO said:

Thank you ED_DO

😁

10 hours ago, Nikki_Nik87 said:

I felt the same way right before surgery. All kinds of thoughts run through your head, but it's a pretty quick procedure and you are not likely to have complications. Try not to think about the negative and focus on the positives and the reasons you chose to do it.

Good luck to you as you start your journey!!

Thank you Nikki_Nik87 . I guess it is all part of the process for everyone at one point , the not knowing .....and in the other hand is excitement as you say " My new journey begins ".

2 hours ago, alleamarie said:

I'm feeling the same way I'm scheduled for June 4th and I'm freaking out thinking about my kids if something goes wrong. I've honestly just been researching to make myself feel better to see the actual statistics of something bad happening and house minuscule they are. And talking to my husband, sister, counselor and whoever else will listen to me about it. I'm so scared but I keep telling myself it will be like 2 seconds to me and I'll be awake and everything will be over and done with. It will be ok. You will be ok and be an ascribe energetic mommy for your kiddos. good luck tomorrow

Sent from my LG-H918 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey Alleamarie

I really did not started feeling this anxious and nervous till 3 days ago , when reality hits . Trust me a was the same way as well ,doing all kind of research in the web....found good and bad ......so i just gave it a rest and talked to my surgeon ( It was so funny cause i had a full list of questions 1-16 questions) and he answered all very patiently. We both were laughing at the end he said He had never seen a patient ever with so may question and heck of questions :D . Thank you for your support. I am pretty sure you'll be OK as well.