Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last hurdle before surgery - quitting vaping.

So- I’ve made all of the requested changes... and received my date... except I’ve still got to quit vaping.

I started vaping to quit smoking and have not smoked in about five months! I have been very up front with my team about the vaping.

However, now I’ve got to give up my vape pen, as I’m going to be tested for nicotine next month. I quit it a month ago, but then got super stressed out and started vaping again.

My plan is to go cold turkey on it again tomorrow.

I’ve asked my husband to not let me borrow his vape under any circumstances. He is not great at telling me no.. or being assertive towards me... but I am struggling so much!

Any tips on getting through the next few days nicotine free?

I have made so many changes that I can’t throw it all away over this!

Honestly this is just going to be a test of your willpower. You can easily go by a nicotine product at the drop of a hat if you want. This is going to have to be you remembering what you want more in the moment, do you want that momentary gratification of the nicotine hit or do you want to get this surgery that I am sure you have already worked hard for. Remind yourself when you have the urges what you are doing this for. You are not going to be able to rely on anybody else to stop you from cheating on this program, you have to find it in yourself to stay the course when the going gets tough.

There are 0 Nicotine vapes available, or is that cheating?

I switched to 0 nicotine and my team had no problems with that. For me it’s the physical habit, not the nicotine

HW: 311
SW: 255 VSG 5/10/18
CW: 236
First goal weight: 209
Second goal weight: 191 lbs
Third goal weight: 159 lbs
Final Goal weight: 142 lbs

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

I hope you manayto kick the vape, or find an alternative that your team is ok with.

Giving up is really hard. I gave up on the 6th April and it’s been really tough. I was ready to quit, but it is still hard. Smoking is so insidious how it gets into your mind. I hope you find a way through

Thanks, all! I’ve struggled to find a 0mg flavor that I like enough to stick with. I think I need to shop around more, but juice gets so expensive when you’re trying it out.

I also switched to 0% nicotine. After the first week I didn't even notice. This past weekend I was curious to see if it really made a difference and i added a few drops of 3% to my tank. I actually did feel the difference but not in a good way. I felt lightheaded, and actually the next day was coughing a lot. Your best bet is 0% and after awhile you wont even want anything else. Its easier then it seems. I was a smoker on and off for 10 years, and now I cant even imagine going back. You can do it!

Also, I know there are websites who have small sample packs that are cheap so you can try different flavors!!

Edited by miss_smiles

I went with 0% of the same flavor I always used. It seemed really sweet at first but I got used to it in a few days.