Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Date: May 30, Any Others?

Hi everyone,

I'm getting my gastric sleeve on May 30 at Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital. I'd love to have some surgery buddies... any out there? (I'm so excited but nervous as well! More excited than nervous though!) Ready to change my life!!!!

My date is Monday, May 28 in Mexico. I am doing the Pre-Op diet now. Feeling nervous and excited.

27 minutes ago, AdiosAnnie300 said:

My date is Monday, May 28 in Mexico. I am doing the Pre-Op diet now. Feeling nervous and excited.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

On 5/18/2018 at 9:59 AM, TexanGal said:

Hi everyone,

I'm getting my gastric sleeve on May 30 at Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital. I'd love to have some surgery buddies... any out there? (I'm so excited but nervous as well! More excited than nervous though!) Ready to change my life!!!!

Sending you good thoughts as we are closing in on our big day!

3 minutes ago, AdiosAnnie300 said:

Sending you good thoughts as we are closing in on our big day!

Actually I found out today that I have to wait 4-6 more weeks because I have Barrett’s esophagus. Once that is cleared up, I’ll get bypass , which is best for Barrett’s. But I definitely will be thinking of all of my original May 30 surgery buddies and anxious to hear how it goes. Good vibes coming your way!!

Please post update afterwards!!!

tomorrow is your day TexasGal! Are you excited? I would be vibrating off the walls right now. What time is your surgery tomorrow? I always hate the way they always waited so,late in the day to notify you. I guess they are very busy, but I'm just as important as everybody else. Anyway UPDATE us when the surgery is over.😛

17 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

tomorrow is your day TexasGal! Are you excited? I would be vibrating off the walls right now. What time is your surgery tomorrow? I always hate the way they always waited so,late in the day to notify you. I guess they are very busy, but I'm just as important as everybody else. Anyway UPDATE us when the surgery is over.😛

Unfortunately, my surgery was postponed. :( When I saw my surgeon for the pre op, she had biopsy results that showed I have Barrett's esophagus with dysplasia, which means pre-cancerous cells. So, I have to get the dysplasia treated (through another scope that zaps them) before I can have surgery. It will now probably be in 4-6 weeks. I was bummed but REALLY glad I got the diagnosis because it could lead to esophageal cancer. It also means I need the RNY gastric bypass instead of gastric sleeve because I have such bad (and now dangerous) acid reflux. It's good they do the scope before surgery!!! I'll let you know of my future surgery date. Thanks so much for caring, everyone! It means a lot.

It does lead to esophageal cancer, my Cousin June-Ellen died 2 years ago at Cleveland Clinic. I still miss her and probably always will. June Bug thought she had indigestion from Hades , went to our local hospital aka.the Band Aid station, they couldn't find. anything, no surprise there, they couldn't find their own backside unless somebody painted it with glow in the dark paint, sent her on to one of the Columbus hospitals where they claimed not to find much,wrong. Family took her. to Cleveland Clinic, she died on their operating table. Be glad you are getting it taken care of in time.
You and I could be surgery twins, I still haven't get a definate date myself. Good Golly, I might as well book a chamber orchestra, wonder if the one that played at Prince Harry's wedding is available? Just don't bring that Cello player, made me nervous, the way he rolled his eyes around I thought he might be going into a seizure! At any rate, Good Luck and,keep me updated.😛

I was sleeved TODAY May 30th... I had the best experience. I am still at the clinic until Friday morning and wrote my review as my first post here. I am so HAPPY I did this.

On 5/31/2018 at 2:02 AM, NCGIRL88 said:

I was sleeved TODAY May 30th... I had the best experience. I am still at the clinic until Friday morning and wrote my review as my first post here. I am so HAPPY I did this.

Congratulations. I was sleeved Monday the 28th. I am still sore but overall feel really great. I hope you have a successful healing process.

I was sleeved on May 29 and came home the next day. I'm glad I got it done but have been in pain since leaving the hospital. Having trouble keeping anything down. I'm sure it will get better. Congratulations on your successful surgery.

3 hours ago, chikadee said:

I was sleeved on May 29 and came home the next day. I'm glad I got it done but have been in pain since leaving the hospital. Having trouble keeping anything down. I'm sure it will get better. Congratulations on your successful surgery.

Chickadee, I’m sorry you have been so sick. I am lucky but two other gals that had the same surgery in the same wing as I was, also couldn’t keep anything down. I hope it gets better for you soon