Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GALS who started their journey over 300 lb+<br /> +

Hi everyone

i was 302 and 5’2” and had surgery in November 2018... I’m now 179 (lowest 163 in February) but stresses around the lockdown and working from home has brought out the stress eating and I’ve been eating crap! I’ve now got my head focused in the right direction so feeling stronger to stop eating crap! Lol

why does crap food go down so easily and never makes me feel full! Ha ha

I’ve started walking every day since March - I do about 4.5 miles a day and love it!! Body feels so much stronger and I feel so much healthier... my AFib is almost non-existent!

I’m 65 and feel so much fitter than I have ever done!! Xx

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is still an active thread or not. My highest weight was 395. I started the bariatric program at around 330 and had surgery at 318. I had a VSG on 9/24/2020 and I'm currently down to 305. I was down more before surgery and then Covid hit, so I put a little back on in the middle.

I'm almost 3 weeks post-op and feeling pretty good. I have really bad knees and need to lose weight before they will do the knee replacements.

Hope you are all doing well.

There are some folks who stop by here occasionally ! Congratulations on your surgery and weight loss. I am 10 years out. Started at 54 years old and 320 ( probably higher at highest ) Had surgery at about 300 lbs. I had the surgery for the same reason, but have not had knee replacement. Wish I could say it cured my knees, but it didn't - but I move so much better and have less pain. No more do I need Rx for knee pain, but do use Advil/naproxin when needed. And with surgeon knowledge of taking them. I kept the majority of wt off, but had regain over the last 6 years.... of 45 pounds.... lost my brother and then my dad, a messy divorce, and life.... but took 14 months to lose the 45 pounds - 10 years out, and although I have added back more calories and carbs to keep my weight stable - I am continuing to lose a bit of weight still. So your new tool will continue to help you on your journey for years to come.

I know you will do well - eat lots of Protein and keep the veggies and fruit super fresh !!! It helps !!!

I was 393, my highest weight, in January 2020 when I had my gallbladder removed. That surgeon recommended wls because of how bad my liver looked. Because if COVID it took some time to get my surgery, but I had it on July 23rd. I weighed 368 the day of surgery. I'm 313 as of today.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

HW....368
SW.....294
CW.....254

I had my surgery on 8/10/2020. Suffering from nausea but other than that I feel well. My issues are more emotional. I really don’t like the way I look. Still working on that

I'm 9 months out now and just 33 pounds away from my personal goal! My surgery weight was 321 and I'm 213 today so I've lost 108 pounds in those 9 months! What blows my mind is that I only have 14 more pounds to go to be under 200 pounds! I haven't been under 200 pounds in about 20 years (I'm 33) so it's exciting and scary at the same time. It just doesn't feel real sometimes

Edited by NovaLuna

I just hit 150 last week after being at 152 since October. I had been ok with being 152 so any weight loss at this point feels like a bonus. Normal BMI would be 145.

I was 392 at consult and 343 on surgery day. I’m down 29 lbs in 6 weeks post surgery. It’s still a struggle to lose .

I started my journey at 345 in September, lost 20lbs during the 3 month prep/diet change. On day 4 of my preop liquid diet and I’ll weigh myself before my surgery on 12/17 these past 4 days have been rough but the light is at the end of the tunnel. I worry about rate of loss because I’m older (I’ll be 44 on Jan 1) because I have PCOS and Hashimotos Disease. I know it’s all going to be worth it, but I still worry and worry and we’ll, worry some more!

Here we are, the group that were (or will be) thrilled to see that 299 on the scale! I’m 5’10 and i started at 339. I lost weight on my own prior to surgery (low carb) during the 6 month waiting period had surgery at 282 and I’m now at 262 one month 4 days post surgery.

I’m so excited to report I have COLLARBONES again! Man I missed those. Also, I’m actually no longer looking pregnant which is amazing because my youngest is 2. The day I was dropping him off at daycare and a very little boy asked if I had a baby in my belly will always be in my brain under “yes it really was that bad”.

I started at 629 lbs (per the bed scale at the hospital; I was on a ventilator for 8 days with what, in retrospect, was probably Covid-19) on 12/26/2019.

I weighed 501 lbs at my consultation with the surgeon on August 14th, and 460 lbs on my surgery date of 10/21/2020, and last week when I weighed myself I weighed 428 lbs.

So to date, I have lost around 200 lbs. It's so much, but I still have so much left to go. I feel so much better, and I can do so many more things, but I can't wait to see what the future holds. I know I can do this. I have proven to myself time and again that I can.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Currently 145. 170 pounds lost. Unfortunately dealing with severe reflux right now but I am a normal bmi 24.9 now

I am just starting my wls journey and at 284 but at my highest I was 310. Hoping not to have to wait too long to go through all of the steps my surgeon requires to submit my info to my insurance for the surgery.

Started at 310 in October 2020. I've lost 35lbs on my own so a current weight of 275. I'm just now seeing a difference in some of my clothes. My surgery is scheduled for 3/3/21 so I start my pre-op on 2/17. Excited but nervous too!! The original post all those years ago asked if there were things that others might not understand. I think not seeing a difference until there's significant weight loss is one of those. I have friends who if they lose 10 pounds they're in a whole other size.