Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GALS who started their journey over 300 lb+<br /> +

Hi lovelots,

I had gastric bypass, and i think I made the right decision. I have had ups and down but overall things have worked as they should and I have made huge changes to my diet that has allowed me to improve my health overall and not just lose weight.
That's great truly... I'm so amazed when people say they have reversed there diabetes or gotten off there cpap machines for sleep apnea or reduced or stopped taking meds for there blood pressure.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

2 minutes ago, lovelots said:

That's great truly... I'm so amazed when people say they have reversed there diabetes or gotten off there cpap machines for sleep apnea or reduced or stopped taking meds for there blood pressure.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah, I am a type one diabetic so there is no curing my disease but I have improved almost all aspects of my diabetes since the surgery, I take way less insulin and my sugars are the best they have ever been. So just for that the surgery has been worth it.

HW: 343, SW: 307, CW: 284. I had RNY on 4/15/19. I feel like I'm losing weight so slowly, but seeing what everyone else is experiencing, am relieved that this is more average than slow. I am glad so many of you are sharing your experience. It really helps out things in perspective.

I was 375 when I started my weight loss journey. I was able to drop down to 341 and had my VSG 04.30.19.
I am now teetering 321-324 now.
As for clothes, I have dropped two shirt sizes. I was a 5xl and now fit 3xl.
DO NOT BUY NEW CLOTHES. GO THRIFT SHOPPING FOR CLOTHES.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi, started at 306 then had foot surgery and went up to 312. I’m down to 303 now. My sleeve surgery is scheduled for Monday, May 20. I’m on the liquid diet. Some days I’m hungry and some days I’m not. When I’m hungry, I feel like I’m starving. I’ve stayed the course and not had anything but liquids. Has anyone else had this issue? Any advice? Also, to those who’ve already had surgery, I live alone and do not have stairs in my house. Is is necessary to have someone stay with me the first couple of nights I’m home after surgery?

Would someone please help me figure out how to use this app. I am so technologically challenged it’s ridiculous. I see my post on this page. My post appears to be the last post. But, when I tap on my name it goes to another page that shows there are 424 replies to my questions. I can’t get to the page where the responses are. Another page says I have zero followers and zero following but, when I go to the top of this page the follow button has been highlighted in green. I’m lost. 😞

The following button should give you credit for filling. There are probably 244 responses to the whole topic. You should be able to see responses herr, if you are wanting to see them all, go to the heading on the left.

Frustr8 thank you for responding. (Yours is the only one I can see) This is what I see on my page.

image-0.00405311584472656.jpg

When I tapped the “GALS who started...” nothing happened

This section shows no followers.

image-0.00596046447753906.jpg

I have lost 135 pounds since my journey began at my HW of 390. Surgery day 7/12/2018, I weighed 368. At 5 months, 12/17/2018, I weighed 268. However, weight loss has been slow even though I am still eating healthy and small amounts. I work out, but not steady due to my work and family balance obligations...but trying to get better at getting to the gym rather than making excuses. Time is a constant struggle though! I am currently at 255 at 10 months. I am proud and a true life changer! Working hard but definitely not easy as it once was. I went from a size 28 to a 16 in pants; and from a 5x to an XL or 1x in shirts.

On 05/13/2019 at 07:55, leahdavis33 said:

HW: 343, SW: 307, CW: 284. I had RNY on 4/15/19. I feel like I'm losing weight so slowly, but seeing what everyone else is experiencing, am relieved that this is more average than slow. I am glad so many of you are sharing your experience. It really helps out things in perspective.
We’re surgery twins! HW: 378 SW: 319.8 CW: 300. I lost a majority of that weight the first two weeks then it stopped/slowed at weeks 3 & 4. My nutritionist said it’s normal and that my body will go into self preservation mode throughout the process due to the rapid weight loss. I can fit comfortably into clothes that were uncomfortable or unbearable to wear before and I feel good. I went from a 28-30 to 22 already. I’m super excited to see where I’ll end up. This journey can get frustrating but I can’t rely solely on the scale to measure my progress.

I just tapped on the top right of your profile page, you should have at least follower- ME!

Gsgbutterfly, I would not stay alone for the first few days because it is really painful to get up to go to the bathroom. The less you have to use your abdominal muscles as they heal for the first 2 weeks the better, and maybe will heal faster than the 2 weeks of you can avoid using those muscles. I did better after I purchased an abdominal binder, and I wish I had bought or rented a lift chair recliner for the first couple of weeks since I did not have much help. We are big people, and just sitting up puts more strain on the surgical incisions than the 10 lbs we are allowed to carry the first few weeks. And laying down flat or rolling over is a very bad idea during that time. Ice packs are necessary. sleeping half sitting up in a recliner is not comfortable but is better than laying in bed. Hope this helps.