Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GALS who started their journey over 300 lb+<br /> +

And you will be glad for the surgery when everything settles down again. It rocks you and your world for quite awhile but you're gonna be glad. Would never want to go back to HW (365+) even my surgery weight(319) I will be 6 months this Tuesday (9/05/2018) think I am hovering around 260-265, I have a different type doctor appointment Monday(3/04/19) they do have a scale, I don't own one myself, had a speaking one, got mad, pitched it in the dumpster long ago. Last thing I need is a robotic voice saying "You weigh the same as a small steer!"
Yes people have started to notice,but not in a positive way, "Your face looks gaunt"- Are you sure you aren't taken for sick? "Did you get Cancer?" No, is it mandatory? Have your surgery before you're old like me, nobody considers a Happy thing like deliberate weight loss when you're over 70. Last person , the one asking about cancer, I told her" No I had weight loss surgery",only to be told "Nope that's a lie, you know you have cancer and don't want to admit it!" Why argue, I said " Bye Felecia " to her and went on my merry way , inside I'm shaking my head, I'd never have said That to Her. People are strange and some don't get any brighter as the years pass.
But although some days I Think I look like a wreck on the B&O waiting for somebody to clear the tracks, the few people I have left that love ME say it is a positive change. I think one of the things is. I am rather housebound in Central Ohio, it's gloomy cold March and I need some real sunlight on my skin, too poor for tanning beds, don't care if it brings out my Celtic freckles, at least I won't look any longer like skim milk, and not Fairlife, the cheap kind, after the butterfat has disappeared.

On 5/17/2018 at 8:21 PM, Frustr8 said:

While scrolling through past postings I noticed there is" Guys who started over 400lbs" in the Guys Room. Well I believe if there is" gravy for the 🐔rooster" there certainly should be "gravy for the🐔 hen " especially those of us with meatier🍗 drumsticks. Are there challenges we face that aren't faced by our 200 lb sisters? Do we tend to lose weight faster or slower than smaller🐣 flock members?
Weigh in my sisters, weigh in!

For the first time in years m under 300 and that's as a result of 6 month nutrition class. I started 312. Today I'm 299 and just begun my liver reduction diet! I cannot wait to see what happens after my gastric sleeve surgery. I'm 62 and always have been big. But now I can barely walk because of my arthritic knees. Can get them replaced until I lose 50lbs! I want to walk without pain and this will help me get there!

Got sleeved at 308 3 weeks ago, am now 291. I am very hopeful to achieve my target in good time.

Well I was the OP who started this. last year. Thought I would do a mini- brag so you know it's possible. My highest weight documented 365+pounds, my Surgery Weight 319 and now almost 7 months out, my SD was September 5th 2018 at 7AM, for my surgeon I got up a 3AM to make it To Columbus in time! But it was a Wonder Wednesday, a Day if Days and the start of a new life. Now the crest of my life will be the best of my life. Any- hoo, I am proud to announce I am 234.6. pounds of less fat and stretched out skin, well wasn't planning to be in Playboy or Penthouse at 73 anyway. The loose is where I can stuff it under clothing, first places I lost were my face and forearms, but finally the rump, thighs and belly have joined in, never have a totally flat belly, carrying 3 babies 9 pounds plus does something to the muscles too, but better where I am Now than where I was before and I would never go back to the sad obese lady sitting because she barely could walk waiting for the Death Angel to come claim me as his own, Oh it has not been an easy journey but so so worth it. And I wish the joy for all of us! Your littler by the Day Pal Frustr8

Started pre-op (8/27/18) at my highest of 414.5, surgery weight I was 382 (9/25/18) and today I am 270.8 and so much happier! I’ve been working out 5x a week including a CrossFit class and jogging a little. Sure I have a major hanging belly and my arms are like wings and my boobs are flat saggy pancakes, but I feel 100% better! Proud of all of us for taking care of ourselves!

You invested in YOU and what better time and investment! You are in charge now of your own future. So proud of you --Dina!

I had surgery July 2018 and was 390 at my heaviest. The day of surgery I was 368 and today I am 257. I have lost 133 pounds! Weight loss is definitely harder at 9 months out. I am trying to go to the gym three times a week, but I can’t always make it due to my work commute and kid obligations. My goal is to make it to 230 by my one year anniversary this summer, but I am almost doubting myself. I lost weight quickly during the honeymoon period so at five months I had already lost well over 100 pounds, but sticking to a plan and hoping for a positive outcome. The best part is dropping six pant sizes. I use to be a 26/28 and now size 16 in regular woman section. The biggest NSV has been able to fit and ride in a roller coaster after almost 18 years of riding one for the last time. I rode 4 roller coasters with my boys a few weeks ago at an amusement park. Looking forward to traveling in an airplane next week without having to use a seatbelt extender. Congrats to all on your success!

Proud Proud Proud of your success! I couldn't believe it,my last new jeans are 22, the dress slacks and top I am going to wear to my EGJ tomorrow is a bono fire 20, after starting out in 28-30W, and. "do you have anything in the Mens section because I'm not finding much here" My baby NSV, I am now In ladies,heading to Juniors, no more cross- shopping looking for something to cover my body! I would "cry for happy"except there is so much better selection the smaller I go and I don't want to miss a durn thing hanging or folded there!👗👚👕👖The baggy saggy sweats are going Bye Bye! The body may be still above average but then so am I! After all, average is just as close to the bottom as it is the top. And if I am a little Odd, well Number One has always been. an ODD Number! Power to the Less Plump Princess, I'm gonna be Weight Loss Royalty#🏆

My highest weight was 420/421 and my surgery weight was 412. I'm now around 364 after hitting a stall at 375 that had me freaking out a bit. Just seeing 364 on a scale is mindblowing after not being in the 300s for so long. My 3 month post-op visit with my surgeon is this Thursday I'm hoping to have lost 50 lbs by that appointment though my official 3 month post-op date is on the 23rd. NSVs include wearing shoes that I couldn't years ago, moving into 3X clothing, and feeling (but not yet seeing) my collarbone. This whole process is still surreal. I hated being in the 300s but I'm so happy to be here now and will continue to work until I'm in the 200s. Who knows, I may even hit onederland! Congratulations, ladies, for continuing to smash your goals and don't forget to reap those Non-Scale Victories!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

And congratulations Nic C, we all know how hard it is to work your way down, made some good strides there!

Thank you thank you for started this post! Or restarting it! I can honestly tell you even before surgery 3/25/19 I wondered about this and my weight lost journey especially since I carry my weight in my thighs and butt! I started my journey at 402 and although I'm losing I can't see it so I can relate to those who deal with that. When you hear all the stories of the dramatic drop in weight and I'm thinking when is it my turn.. but then I remember it's my journey and I'm writing my own story for the new me! Thanks for all the encouraging post and comments! We can do it ladies and we are doing it! #anewus!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Never give up, chatted with a lady who was worried because she was 3 years out, wondered if it benefited her? Reminded her You're still alive, there's a bonus right THERE, when you start out at 300 or 400 pounds all you hear is Doom, Gloom and You're Gonna Die Soon! Are you still hearing this from doctors? No? Good Step! I even had my pastor get on my case, wondered how soon he would have to preach my funeral? Told him put the prayer books and Bible away, I am not plotting my demise in the near future, if anything happens , I'll have my son call YOU!❤ Yeah I too have Thunder Thighs and a Hubba Hubba Heinie, joked I could feed an entire cannibal family off one butt cheek for Easter dinner!
As I lose weight, I hardly recognize myself, I used to have pudgy chipmunk cheeks, round-square shaped face, now my face has narrowed out and I am starting to resemble several dead relatives, never saw a likeness before. I think my color is off, live in Ohio so winter pallor, sunshine has yet to kiss my face, of course when it does I will either freckle or it will reactivate my rosacea, the curse of a Celtic ancestry. Its hard to be accused of being a lush ( just because I'm Irish) for my blotchy cheeks and 👃. Few attempts I made at alcohol made me only sleepy, if I'm gonna get taken advantage of, might as well stay awake to enjoy it! Yeah, I once might have been as big as the Blarney Stone but inside me resides a leprechaun spirit, don't take a lot serious anymore, I'm more fun at 73 and losing down weight than I was at 30, or even 50-60, I now have hope and that enlivens all the facets of my life. The world had discounted me as fat, worthless, might as well die, well I am proving them wrong, they were looking at a. fat shell, they didn't try to know me, the real me inside.
For a while I couldn't visualize any changes in my exterior, thought it was useless. Then I started being able to sit in chairs I used to have my son help pry me out of. I could stand up off of furniture without him holding and yanking me up. I was having better luck having strength to go places, pay my bills, do all those little errands. And clothing that used to split me where I was trying to sit, suddenly I had wiggle room. And those little things kept mounting up. One of my latest, bought an outfit for an upcoming doctor appointment, hung it in the closet, morning of the appointment I started dressing, pulled on the pants and they fell down! Good thing I had saved all the tags. Back they went to get a size smaller. Still didn't believe it totally so I tried the next lower size on! OMG I really was that much smaller, fit better than any others had recently. I had a lot of " well it's close to right, I'll just have to settle for that." All of the sudden I can try clothes on, choose what I really want, not to panic and buy something just because you're afraid they won't get that size again. And it is so blasted cool to have such an option. Now I Am not the Largest size they carry!💦Tears of Joy!

It's probably a stall, once your body regroups itself, you should start losing again.