Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GALS who started their journey over 300 lb+<br /> +

Well welcome welcome Lauryn, I am the OP the original poster for this thread, so it is rather my baby after all.
You're doing liquid for 3 weeks? Got you beat, I did mine the entire month of August, because I wanted my liver to shrink down as much as possible, and it did. Dr Needleman , my surgeon, said it was lovely, smooth and healthy. So yes it is well worth the trouble, for every week you do your diet, your liver shrinks 2.4%. And yes it can be frustrating. My surgery weight was 319, at 4 months out I am 260-ish, probably today 263 or 4, because I haven't done #2 yet. I had an RnY, and I am one of the complications, I am strictured, and I have healing ulcerations in my small intestine. I have a PICC line, that stands for a catheter inserted in my upper left arm, 12 hours a day I am fed nutrition that way so my GI system can rest and heal. Don't be concerned, in all the people on Bariatric Pal I am the only one, makes me special. Had it since November 29th 2018, got pretty used to it by now, don't know an ending date, but I am in this to win this, so no tears, no frustration, no bemoaning my fate, it is what it is. I will heal, I have two great bariatric surgeons on my team, they say I will end up fine, I believe them And in them.
Whether you are a sleeve or bypass, your surgery will be fine.
Thank you so much. I am also sending nothing but positive energy your way! Now I feel bad about complaining about liquids for 3 weeks lol

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello to all! Newbie here...You all are so inspiring! I'm doing my pre-op liquid diet for 3 weeks. It's frustrating but I will continue to push forward. My surgery date is January 24 2019.

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

Girl, you got this! Let me know if you need any tips! 115lbs down, 8 months post op! I'm no pro, but I've been where you're at.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Update on me: just crossed into the 100’s on Saturday! Started at 301.
Congrats!! Cant actor until i'm thereee too! I'll be with you in onederland 26lbs from now!

I just started my third week post op and I’ve lost 35 pounds since December 1st.

Keep it up. We’re doing great

Very very proud of you, Tangela! Keep up your Good Work!😝

Started at 343 in February 2018 when I first saw the surgeon and nutritionist. I weighed 283 the day of surgery 9/17/18 and today I am 228. You're all doing great and we've got this! Being less than 30 lbs until I'm in the 100s is craaaazy to me. Can't wait!

Hello Ladies!

It's been a while. Still trying to claw my way to onederland. But I am hoping I see it soon! Been dealing with a lot of depression, anxiety, and health wise I feel pretty blah. I have some deficiencies going on--Vitamin A, D, Zinc and Iron. I am trying to be more religious with my Vitamins but it is hard since they still make me nauseous. Also, I am almost always dizzy.

Goal for this year is to get and be more positive. Welcome to all the newbies and congrats on all the progress!

Hi ladies, it's been a while since I last posted. My RNY was yesterday, the 23rd. Just in recovery mode and trying to take my meds on time. Continued success for those who have been on and have just started this journey.

Good hearing from you again Nic C, don't stay away so,long, we missed you!

Hey guys. Just wanted to check in with everyone! I seem to be stalled a little at 232ish. Ugh. A little over 100# down though! Everyone seems to be progressing well on here! I have found that I cannot tolerate 99% of meat and the Vitamins made me sick so I am trying to get Protein in with Beans and quinoa and the few meat sources I can eat. I have started doing the vitamin patches which is really a God send!

Well congratulations on the distance you've already traveled and may the path smooth out. Next big stop Onederland, you will make it, dust the temporary futon off because I do plan to join you there one day myself. Keep taking those baby steps forward they do total up 📝if we but keep trying!😛🌈

Can I join you ladies. I fit in the title of group. I started my journey with a highest weight at 350 in Sept 2013. I was lap banded then and lost dow to 280.
Fast forward to today and I gained weight back. I was up to 336.
I'm getting a VGS on Thursday the 31st. Currently my weight is 325 on my 2 week high Protein diet. 1 more day of eating protein then a day of Clear Liquids.< br>
Just wanted to introduce myself to yall.[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Can I join you ladies. I fit in the title of group. I started my journey with a highest weight at 350 in Sept 2013. I was lap banded then and lost dow to 280.
Fast forward to today and I gained weight back. I was up to 336.
I'm getting a VGS on Thursday the 31st. Currently my weight is 325 on my 2 week high Protein diet. 1 more day of eating Protein then a day of Clear Liquids.

Just wanted to introduce myself to yall.[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations on your loss so far! Best wishes for your surgery on Thursday and I hope you have a smooth procedure, recovery, and continued success with your weight loss!