Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GALS who started their journey over 300 lb+<br /> +

You look like your own daughter. Nobody believes how aging obesity,is until you see such pictures. Thanks for sharing yours!😝

I am finally starting to see some losses again. Just wanted to encourage those who may be stalling or feeling like why did I even do this?! I started at 301 and lost 60lbs before surgery, averaging about 10lbs per month by eating Keto. I had surgery first week of September and lost 25lbs in September. I struggled a lot with reflux and was re-hospitalized for 2 days and struggled to keep even sips of Water down. This was (mostly) remedied by Rx nexium. I still struggle some. It’s a major learning curve! In October I only lost 2.6lbs...for the whole month! Dietician said I wasn’t eating enough and my metabolism was quitting on me. It’s just taken me this long to figure out how and whT to eat. Still learning! Today on November 6 I’ve already lost 3.2lbs this month. So I think my body was in shock in October and I wasn’t consuming enough. I’m excited about November and have to remember that with 25lbs in September I’m still on track to average 10lbs/month like I did before surgery. I know this will change as I get smaller but I have to keep reminding myself I WILL GET SMALLER! I’m at 215 today and looking forward to onederland!

I'm at 234lbs... I didn't lose anything in November and half way through December i'm only a pound down. I've been in a stall for a month and a half. Old eating habits are starting to creep back in & I'm scared. I think i'm going to reach out to a therapist & a nutritionist. I don't want this opportunity I've been given to go to waste. I'm a total of 106lbs down & that's amazing. I never thought I'd be this far! But i'm ready to lose more. I want to hit onderland!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Great progress at my 5 month check-up at surgeons office yesterday!!! My surgery date was July 12th and I have officially lost 122 from HW and 100 pounds from SD!!! I started my journey at 390 and now at 268. All Vitamins came in good and ferritin level was too high at 203. The doc said only take Iron every other day to stabilize the level of iron. I am feeling good and have lost more weight than I expected. I am now 88 pounds away from goal and wonder if I will be able to achieve it with all the progress I have made so far. My size dropped from a 26/28 pant to a size 16/18 pants and can shop regular sizes. I have been having so much fun during this holiday season and feel great! Looking forward to traveling in the spring and not requiring a seat belt extender on the plane any more. So many non-scale victories to celebrate! I never thought I would be this far so soon! Congrats to all of you on your progress!

On 12/18/2018 at 12:22, JulesUp said:

Great progress at my 5 month check-up at surgeons office yesterday!!! My surgery date was July 12th and I have officially lost 122 from HW and 100 pounds from SD!!! I started my journey at 390 and now at 268. All Vitamins came in good and ferritin level was too high at 203. The doc said only take Iron every other day to stabilize the level of Iron. I am feeling good and have lost more weight than I expected. I am now 88 pounds away from goal and wonder if I will be able to achieve it with all the progress I have made so far. My size dropped from a 26/28 pant to a size 16/18 pants and can shop regular sizes. I have been having so much fun during this holiday season and feel great! Looking forward to traveling in the spring and not requiring a seat belt extender on the plane any more. So many non-scale victories to celebrate! I never thought I would be this far so soon! Congrats to all of you on your progress!
That’s fantastic!!!! Congratulations on your loss! I haven’t lost nearly as much as you - but I’m flying in March and although I will bring my seatbelt extender (just in case) I’m hoping I don’t need it!! And I’ve definitely had non scale victories too. The seats in the movie theater seem to have magically gotten wider! Lol

Hello everyone! I just saw this threat and I really liked it because I was seeing people starting in such low numbers it was a bit disheartening for me...

I started very high (205kg) 452lbs. I am (1,7m) 5’7”.
My surgery weight was (185kg) 408lbs.
I had my surgery on 9th of October so I am now 2 months and 1 week after it.
My current weight is (166kg) 366lbs and I am on a one week stall almost.
Although I lost 86lbs already, I don’t think it’s having so much wow factor, people that had not seen me for a while notice there is something different but maybe they cannot quite tell what is it.
I was size 30/32 (6 on Torrid) Now all my T-shirt’s are on the loose side and I can fit to everything I was not fitting anymore, but I don’t want to spend money and checking one by one the smaller sizes, I want to spend my next months with looser clothes until I can throw everything in summer... I am ready for some adjusting and cutting to help me with that goal and maybe also pillage my mother’s closet too lol

Up until recently I had no desire for dating, I wanted to focus more on myself... now that I think I have things in a small order I met a nice guy (so far :p) who had two friends that did wls and he is supporting and super nice (fingers crossed)

No complications so far, other than not getting all my Water every day... no real hunger just head hunger and I really miss some sinful savory tastes (pizzaaaa 🍕) but so far my only sins where five chocolate bonbons (not all together) and three Christmas Cookies, which I don’t even know why I ate, as it’s not as enjoyable as it was before neither in taste nor in the toilet after 😂😂 (no pain just diarrhea that I guess was caused by them)
Will try to avoid them next time. ☺️

Some non scale victories : I can fit in restaurant/cafeteria chairs easier without getting stuck on the handles, I could fit with my aunt in the bus seat together, I can finally zip an anorak I bought last year but it was too small and this I never wore, same with a dress I bought two years ago and never wore. I can walk 10K steps per day easily though before starting the whole progress I could barely walk to the next block without needing to sit immediately after getting there. I had stopped doing the groceries myself and I was relying on deliveries only even for the smallest things, as walking and standing in the supermarket aisles was a big issue for me. Some days ago I even run a bit to catch up with a bus that was waiting in the bus stop.

That’s all folks for now ^^

On 12/18/2018 at 20:05, RoRoKitty said:

Hello everyone! I just saw this threat and I really liked it because I was seeing people starting in such low numbers it was a bit disheartening for me...

I started very high (205kg) 452lbs. I am (1,7m) 5’7”.

My surgery weight was (185kg) 408lbs.

I had my surgery on 9th of October so I am now 2 months and 1 week after it.

My current weight is (166kg) 366lbs and I am on a one week stall almost.

Although I lost 86lbs already, I don’t think it’s having so much wow factor, people that had not seen me for a while notice there is something different but maybe they cannot quite tell what is it.

I was size 30/32 (6 on Torrid) Now all my T-shirt’s are on the loose side and I can fit to everything I was not fitting anymore, but I don’t want to spend money and checking one by one the smaller sizes, I want to spend my next months with looser clothes until I can throw everything in summer... I am ready for some adjusting and cutting to help me with that goal and maybe also pillage my mother’s closet too lol

Up until recently I had no desire for dating, I wanted to focus more on myself... now that I think I have things in a small order I met a nice guy (so far :p) who had two friends that did wls and he is supporting and super nice (fingers crossed)

No complications so far, other than not getting all my Water every day... no real hunger just head hunger and I really miss some sinful savory tastes (pizzaaaa 🍕) but so far my only sins where five chocolate bonbons (not all together) and three Christmas Cookies, which I don’t even know why I ate, as it’s not as enjoyable as it was before neither in taste nor in the toilet after 😂😂 (no pain just diarrhea that I guess was caused by them)

Will try to avoid them next time. ☺️

Some non scale victories : I can fit in restaurant/cafeteria chairs easier without getting stuck on the handles, I could fit with my aunt in the bus seat together, I can finally zip an anorak I bought last year but it was too small and this I never wore, same with a dress I bought two years ago and never wore. I can walk 10K steps per day easily though before starting the whole progress I could barely walk to the next block without needing to sit immediately after getting there. I had stopped doing the groceries myself and I was relying on deliveries only even for the smallest things, as walking and standing in the supermarket aisles was a big issue for me. Some days ago I even run a bit to catch up with a bus that was waiting in the bus stop.

That’s all folks for now ^^

Congratulations on your 86lb loss!! I had my surgery 10/10 - only 1 day apart from you!! Don’t stress about your stall. I had a 3 week one - and then lost 10lbs the next week! It’s so odd how our bodies adjust to the surgery!! I totally agree with your non scale victories! That could have been written by me (except maybe not the running part - LOL!)

Heading towards 250, might have made it already but now I am on TPN so the malnourishment spiral. is starting to level out. No stalls as yet, still praying I make goal somewhere between September 2019 and March 2020, still aiming for 175, haven't shared this with my Dr Needleman but I honestly would accept 195-199 if I could go no lower. But at 14 weeks I am still in fairly early days, am going to stay this course, and see where the chips fall!

76B5F338-5C5F-4501-806C-FD3819397255.thumb.jpeg.6a7c0a95d86c3027cffbc9e1b156d9ff.jpeg

79213F30-703E-4ED3-B9FB-B967D4B96147.thumb.jpeg.fd735d4b24b2565c0b11f3032515b1d5.jpeg

096EDC63-E041-40BF-A472-A90A906BD77D.jpeg

CF812EF0-0EE5-43E3-B6AF-64D7B6B3D6B3.jpeg

The top two pics are after losing just over 175 pounds.

High weight: 389

Surgery Weight: 369

Current weight: 208......soooooo closeeeeee!

Bmi 55-29!

I have gone from a size 28 and 4xl to a size 14 and a large in tops. Almost a 12. I cannot believe it.

I love coming and seeing what we have accomplished. It can be so overwhelming to think of how far we have to go in our journeys but the time is going to pass by. If an effort is made, your effort WILL show.

I did not exercise every day. I did not drink five gallons of Water a day. I did not remain strict every single day. But I did my best, and I did better this year than ever before. We don’t have to be perfect to see changes.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season!

Edited by KimTriesRNY

Welcome Twinsm44, you're one of us now and we are THRILLED to have you!

Hey all! My starting weight was 331. I’m a day before surgery and I’m already down to 306.

Hopefully, I’ll have as much success as you ladies😁

My surgery weight was 319 on September 5th,2018 at 7AM, today 9:20AM December 23rd of
2018m With my TPN I might be having my first mini-stall but NBT, no big thing, I am alive, kicking and still on a healing path. and on Christmas 2017 I did not have that certainty. Thank you Doctor Roux for your namesake procedure, Thank You the Ohio State University Hospital- Wexner Medical Center for being a wonderful facility and hosting me on my Day of Days, and most of all THANK YOU Bradley J Needleman MD for being my surgeon, for taking the chance on an apprehensive 72 woman when few facilities woukd, for performing a beautiful scarcely scarcely scarring surgery. And at 3 and 3/4 months they have faded into all the stretch marks already present. And speaking of presents I am awarding you the ones🎁📦 I wish I could afford to make real!

Well welcome welcome Lauryn, I am the OP the original poster for this thread, so it is rather my baby after all.
You're doing liquid for 3 weeks? Got you beat, I did mine the entire month of August, because I wanted my liver to shrink down as much as possible, and it did. Dr Needleman , my surgeon, said it was lovely, smooth and healthy. So yes it is well worth the trouble, for every week you do your diet, your liver shrinks 2.4%. And yes it can be frustrating. My surgery weight was 319, at 4 months out I am 260-ish, probably today 263 or 4, because I haven't done #2 yet. I had an RnY, and I am one of the complications, I am strictured, and I have healing ulcerations in my small intestine. I have a PICC line, that stands for a catheter inserted in my upper left arm, 12 hours a day I am fed nutrition that way so my GI system can rest and heal. Don't be concerned, in all the people on Bariatric Pal I am the only one, makes me special. Had it since November 29th 2018, got pretty used to it by now, don't know an ending date, but I am in this to win this, so no tears, no frustration, no bemoaning my fate, it is what it is. I will heal, I have two great bariatric surgeons on my team, they say I will end up fine, I believe them And in them.
Whether you are a sleeve or bypass, your surgery will be fine.