Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GALS who started their journey over 300 lb+<br /> +

I am hoping at my next Tuesday September 18th Appointment,with Dr Needlman,I find out I have broken the 300 pound barrier. I have been working so long toward it, is THIS the week?😵

On 05/28/2018 at 20:43, brightfaith said:

I am feeling up a bit. Today I bought new pajamas in a size 2X -- I started in a 5X. That feels like some progress!

Progress? Let try DOMINATION! You go girl!!!

Thanks everyone for the support. I have appeased my mom by calling her every couple days to let her know how I am doing and I am going to make plans to see her on Sunday. My choice, my rules. I am constantly telling myself how fortunate I am that I married my husband 6 years ago. He is constantly telling me that my Mom is not always right and that I am sexy to him no matter how I feel. I feel like I have someone in my corner telling me that it is okay to put my needs first before my Mom's wishes and not to feel guilty about it.

On a positive note, I am headed back to work on Monday to my desk job. I do like it for the most part and it will help me get into a routine. I work a 4 days (12 hours) on, 4 days off schedule at a steel mill. My husband works the same schedule but night shift instead of days. I find on my days off that I get up later to spend more time with him. This schedule will make it tough to get my walking in before/after work so I am going to start walking during my shift once I can fit into my uniform pants again. They are mens pants so they come above my waist and rub against my abdomen.

Great news @SueSaBelle! I’m so glad you’re getting amazing support from your other half despite your mother comments.

I will say figuring out the walking schedule is important and also hard. I didn’t start walking regularly until in month 2, then month three I was traveling for half of it and then got back in my rhythm only to be waylaid by unhealthy air that wreaked havoc on my lungs and finally an emergency gallbladder removal that’s slowed me down for several weeks. Some of this time I just did more at work and other I just was kind with myself cause I’m so not perfect and trying to be does serious mental harm to me.

Highest weight ever - 408, first appt with surgeon - 386, day of surgery - 368, 10 days post op - 350. I’ve lost a shirt size, pants sizes are so screwy I was wearing 28’s through 32’s that fir before surgery. Anyone else have what I lovingly call “tree trunk legs” ? I’m slightly scared I will only lose weight from the waist up (I’m a pear with very large hips). Maybe it’s irrational, and it’s not stopping me from staying on track and doing my best

@istytehcrawk I’ve been what I like to call a B- cup my whole adult life, even at 408 pounds. It’s so frustrating, they don’t make bras and top so women shaped like me (basically all hips and legs, virtually no boobs)

I am 10 weeks today and have lost 60 pounds from surgery date and 82 pounds from heaviest pre-op weight. I increased my Protein this past week and noticed a jump in weight loss this week. I’ve hit a few stalls along the way, but nothing too long. I think our bodies have a way to slow down to catch up with all these changes suddenly happening at a rapid rate. I am also a B-cup and not sure what size I will be at the end of my journey. I have already gone down 4 pant sizes; from a 28 to a 20 so far! People are really starting to notice the weight loss specially in the face. No issues with gallbladder because I had it removed over 20 years ago. The surgery team is very happy with the progress I have made so far. It’s keeping me motivated and I am not too far from my first goal of reaching 299 and then a 100 pound loss when I hit 290. Small steps lead to great victories!

On 16/09/2018 at 12:40 AM, Frustr8 said:

I am hoping at my next Tuesday September 18th Appointment,with Dr Needlman,I find out I have broken the 300 pound barrier. I have been working so long toward it, is THIS the week?😵

How did you get on @Frustr8?

I was 310 when I started in the Bariatric Program in August of 2017, and 286 when I had my surgury on June 1 2018. This morning I weighed in at 241 - crazy! I always said I didn't care about getting skinny - I just wanted my knees to stop hurting and to be able to go up the stairs if necessary. It's a process for sure!

I'm a person who started at 336 when I went on for surgery. The excessive skin is crazy, and depressing. I wear garments to told hold everything right and right yet its very discouraging. I too feel a little sidelined having been heavier and not many women started off this heavy. Although I don't knock anyone for being lighter this journey is nothing easy not nice no matter where you started.

Well I finally broke the 300 pond barrier, 298,6 on Wednesday the 3rd. I am doing horrid with my diet, still on liquids, see Dr Needleman my surgeon on Tuesday October 9th, scheduled for a Exploratory EGD on Friday October 12th, I am believing I have a stricture, liquids do pretty okay, puree s and beyond come back up with strength. Keep reading about Bariatric Pal X or Y who had their surgery after me and are much closer to normal diets than me! Effort does not seem to count much these days. Lined up my 4 cups of 2 oz, been doing that all AM , has it worked? Well I have been to the bathroom, and taken my liquid Calcium, my AM pills and I'm not one bit hungry. Should be, by now I should be on 3 mini-meals and a couple small Snacks. My pouch cannot and will not read. Pre ious Pouch rules this roost!

Well done Frustr8 on breaking through the 300 pound barrier! Hope you get some answers from Dr Needleman... you’ve been having some rough times!

Indeed I have, well it IS a,new week today, and I'm trying for a Super Sunday, woke up nauseous. again, maybe if,they did an autopsy my entire spine is a stack of Zofran. Wish I could go back to my Dexilent, for me omeprazole major let down, but Dexilent only made in extended release. If things stay settled down I will make a shake, and sip on it. Hungry, nope don't think so but need something with Protein , beef Bone Broth, isn't calling my name. At least not this morning, Tomkitten says I have taken over more than 1/2 the fridge with my various things. Could,be,he's right. My skim,his 2%milk. My juices, V8, And Minute Maid 15, use it to cut down strength of Premier Protein clear, sugar free Jellos, cream of chicken in Rubbermaid container, don't much care for🐥. I don't want to tax Precious too heavy,but better add up if I'm even hitting 500, and did I make my liquids and fluids? Oh to be back to Q.S. on solids and liquids. But perhaps between Dr Needleman on Tuesday,his partner Dr Noria doing my EGD on Friday, things will smooth out! Then I will just have to figure how to relocate by November 1st when my Social Security doesn't come until the Third. Either I fail to pay my utilities to save money, or I get evicted and have nowhere to stay. Can't afford a deposit and rental , most rentals here start at $500-600 for nice places, that's half to 2/3 What my monthly SS is. Can I get into subsidized? Going to try, but will they accept 1 senior citizen,1 adult under 65, both non-smoker and 2 kitties. We are a Family unit, don't want to live without them. The 3 make my life better.

I started my journey at 383 pounds. As of today I am at 353 pounds. I only started my journey in April when I attended the seminar about the program. In May I saw the doctor for the first time and then started the procedure. I am off of all of my injections as of now, I am able to walk better on my arthritic left knee and I am more ready to join a gym then ever before. I am looking forward to getting below 200, I can never remember being that low in my life.

Yeah me neither, I did break the 300 pound barrier, I am now in two-fer-ville, was 298.6 last Wednesday, the diamond,in a mound of costume jewelry. Will I ever break 200? Gosh , I hope so! And you will hear and see me do a Happy Happy Joy Joy dance clear where YOU are at.🎁🎶