Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GALS who started their journey over 300 lb+<br /> +

Life is for the living, so live your life to the utmost,you can!💕😛💕

4 hours ago, Neversaynever said:

I'm 53 next month but it won't stop me enjoying every minute :)

Are you serious? I thought you were in your thirties!! Whoa!

She is, she just has 23 more years of knowledge. Look at me, I'm 72 and I get ornerier every day. I'm a ♑ Capricorn, we get younger as we all age, by 80-85 I WILL BE A FORCE TO CONTEND WITH! I shall be brave enough to tell Donald Trump to shut up with those tweets.

23 hours ago, Neversaynever said:

Here is a recent pic of me, ignore the washing line and pegs and also the fluffy slippers!

The last pic is a "before" hopefully you can tell that lol

Plus, I am not even breathing in ha ha

IMG_20180823_154447176.jpg

IMG_20180823_154434038.jpg

fatter.jpg

You look great! very pretty! keep up the good job! :) love the slippers! hehe.

3 hours ago, LaLaDee said:

Are you serious? I thought you were in your thirties!! Whoa!

Not with a 30 year old daughter, that would be a feat!

OMG LADIES GUESS WHAT!

Guess who just got their surgery date!

I wrote a long, impassioned plea to my surgical team--who were holding off my surgery until I hit 10% initial weight lost (I'm at 5%, will be below that by another several pounds after a week of liquid diet)--to please try to fit me in before flu season gets going and I get bronchitis and get stuck having to put off my surgery until May (I get bronchitis every winter, and it holds on for months; this is one of many issues I hope will clear up, somewhat, when I am at a lower weight). I don't think they had realized I'd cut back my work hours (I work at a public service desk on campus, where people literally walk up and cough on me -- I've taken leave from that part of my job until after surgery, which leaves me with very few hours per week and a feeling that my employment is in limbo and my coworkers are angry with me), or just how much anxiety this whole shifting dates thing was causing me, because I don't always express myself well on the fly, in person. (Those of you who have seen my long, rambling posts are going "or in writing, either," and I hear you :D)

They just called and told me they'll give me their first available, which is ... so much better than I had hoped for! I am so happy! And suddenly, just, kind of jittery, because it feels so SOON.

The first week of October!!! That is so much better than I'd been expecting/braced for. SO MUCH better! I am over the moon, y'all!

Congratulations on getting a surgery date!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 25/08/2018 at 3:50 AM, CrankyMagpie said:

OMG LADIES GUESS WHAT!

Guess who just got their surgery date!

I wrote a long, impassioned plea to my surgical team--who were holding off my surgery until I hit 10% initial weight lost (I'm at 5%, will be below that by another several pounds after a week of liquid diet)--to please try to fit me in before flu season gets going and I get bronchitis and get stuck having to put off my surgery until May (I get bronchitis every winter, and it holds on for months; this is one of many issues I hope will clear up, somewhat, when I am at a lower weight). I don't think they had realized I'd cut back my work hours (I work at a public service desk on campus, where people literally walk up and cough on me -- I've taken leave from that part of my job until after surgery, which leaves me with very few hours per week and a feeling that my employment is in limbo and my coworkers are angry with me), or just how much anxiety this whole shifting dates thing was causing me, because I don't always express myself well on the fly, in person. (Those of you who have seen my long, rambling posts are going "or in writing, either," and I hear you :D)

They just called and told me they'll give me their first available, which is ... so much better than I had hoped for! I am so happy! And suddenly, just, kind of jittery, because it feels so SOON.

The first week of October!!! That is so much better than I'd been expecting/braced for. SO MUCH better! I am over the moon, y'all!

Congratulations on advocating for yourself! I’m Australian and didn’t have to do any pre surgery program or diet. Just a two week Optifast liver shrinking diet. While I went on a bit naive about how my life would change, I don’t think it’s hurt me ability to use the tool effectively. You sound super motivated so I’m expecting great success from you!!

My highest weight was 390 (May 2017) when I began my journey to go through a 6 month program to qualify for WLS. I was sleeved on July 12, 2018. My surgery day weight was 368. I will be 7 weeks tomorrow and today I weighed in at 323. My total weight loss is 67 pounds from my highest weight and 45 pounds from surgery date. It hasn’t been easy but making great progress! My goal is 180 and afraid that I may never reach it, but taking one day at a time and setting mini goals instead. I am so excited for the future and the new “healthier” me! Yay!

Thought everyone,would like to,know I have lost,15 pounds since August 1st on my,liver-shrinking diet, and I am exceptionly proud,of ME. I never have been able to,lose, have the Basal,Metabolism Rate of a sicks🐌snail on antidepressants . So Hurray for Frustr8, cause I worked very very hard following that 1000
calorie,diet. And since August 1st is a long t8me. But,maybe my,liver will,be small,and flat, and that will make my surgeon super happy.

Thought everyone,would like to,know I have lost,15 pounds since August 1st on my,liver-shrinking diet, and I am exceptionly proud,of ME. I never have been able to,lose, have the Basal,Metabolism Rate of a sicks[emoji222]snail on antidepressants . So Hurray for Frustr8, cause I worked very very hard following that 1000
calorie,diet. And since August 1st is a long t8me. But,maybe my,liver will,be small,and flat, and that will make my surgeon super happy.

That's great, Frustr8! 15 lbs closer to your goal already [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

13 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

Thought everyone,would like to,know I have lost,15 pounds since August 1st on my,liver-shrinking diet, and I am exceptionly proud,of ME. I never have been able to,lose, have the Basal,Metabolism Rate of a sicks🐌snail on antidepressants . So Hurray for Frustr8, cause I worked very very hard following that 1000

I see we have a horrible metabolism in common! took me 6 months to lose 10 lbs on STRICT-NON CHEATY weight watcher diet many years ago! GREAT FOR YOU!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

No Cranky Magpie --'Next Wednesday. Close but no cigar, and I am so looking forward to it. Been a long (3 year) trek, avoided roadblocks, swamps , unlit paths and an Asshat surgeon death would be too good for. Seriously considered plucking his pubic hairs slowly one at a time. Announced I was mentally and emotionally unbalanced and couldn't comprehend the basic concepts of Bairatric medicine. Figure I could do anything I wanted to THAT MAN after all,I AM UNBALANCED!!! Stupid Son of Slime! Why would they grant a medical licence to such as HE?
But next Wednesday I Shall prove him and all other nay-sayers WRONG! THE LITTLE ENGINE THAT COULD BECOMES AN ROCKET, SAILING INTO THE STRATOSPHERE. WATCH FOR MY CONTRAIL. IT IS GOING TO BE PRETTY!