Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GALS who started their journey over 300 lb+<br /> +

My surgery date is October 2018, revision to gastric bypass, I’m so excited I’ve waited over a year! I start my 6 week Ensure High Protein diet next week! My current wt is 322 lbs, not sure how much I’ll lose in this pre op diet, but I’m looking forward to my future!

Congratulations Bandalley! I’ve been on the pathway a little over a year too! It is exciting now though! Mine is scheduled 9/13/18

Well I'm still slogging towards surgery losing a pound here or there. If I am at 320 or a little less at 2 And a half weeks before surgery, when will I break the 300 pound barrier? Will it be right after surgery or a few more weeks down the road? I know I'll feel so proud about ME when I do!

4 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

Well I'm still slogging towards surgery losing a pound here or there. If I am at 320 or a little less at 2 And a half weeks before surgery, when will I break the 300 pound barrier? Will it be right after surgery or a few more weeks down the road? I know I'll feel so proud about ME when I do!

That'll depend partly on how much you gain in fluids from the surgery (for me, I gained at least seven pounds between my weigh-in at home the morning of surgery and the weigh-in my first morning home the day after I got out of the hospital). With a surgery weight of 413, it took me about 12 days to get down to 393.

Yowch I had better take loose boxer waist pants with me, oh well I don't think it's a fashion show, just get in , get the operation, show them I can walk and drink, and then back home# Am I pretty right?😛👍

On 8/17/2018 at 7:40 PM, Frustr8 said:

Yowch I had better take loose boxer waist pants with me, oh well I don't think it's a fashion show, just get in , get the operation, show them I can walk and drink, and then back home# Am I pretty right?😛👍

My program requires you to stay in the hospital for a few days, so I don't know how it goes with outpatient surgeries.

Yeah mine does also. Only concession to my "Advanced" age. Most people with Wednesday surgery go home on Thursday morning, I may be there until Friday or even Saturday. NBD , no big deal, I'm grateful he wants to watch over ME another day or so! Really like THIS doctor, and no I don't blindly love them all anymore. Long story--, at 72 I have more than my share, after all.

BUNCH OF. us that day, including me! Come over to September 2018 Surgeries and Success and meet up with us all. We would love to have you!

My weight loss has been slow - only 51 lbs since surgery, but 89 lbs overall. I just entered the 2-teens (219) and am so excited that onederland isn't too far away. I wish I had done this surgery sooner in my life!

I started at 385 I lost 15 before surgery which wasn't a a whole heck of alot but my surgeon said it was ok and I had my surgery on 8/6. I was 370 the day of. I am 2 weeks post op, the 1st week I lost 7 and this week 13 for a total of 20 which I am very happy about. I also think it's going to take at least 80 for people to really notice. It will come in time- it took time to put it on and it will take time to take it off. B)

I'm so happy this thread exists. I've been lurking around different forums and have felt a little discouraged that my HW is 416 when others are in the 200s. I'll be 29 in October and though I feel I should've started this journey earlier, I know there's a season for everything and I wouldn't have been emotionally ready back then. I'm in 26/28/4X clothing sizes and I refuse to buy more clothing until I lose weight. I have jeans ranging in size from 18-26 that I'll use to measure my progress in addition to the scale. My final, ultimate goal weight is 150 and it seems SO daunting since I still weigh over 400 lbs. I already know that if/when I get to Onderland I'm going to cry. I'm in the early stages of the process (psych and 2nd nut appointment are in September and still have to get medical clearance from my PCP and some other testing. I'm low-key freaking out about the upper endoscopy and gallbladder ultrasound) and haven't seen any loss yet but I'm hopeful. Y'all are such an inspiration!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

7 hours ago, Nic C said:

I'm so happy this thread exists. I've been lurking around different forums and have felt a little discouraged that my HW is 416 when others are in the 200s. I'll be 29 in October and though I feel I should've started this journey earlier, I know there's a season for everything and I wouldn't have been emotionally ready back then. I'm in 26/28/4X clothing sizes and I refuse to buy more clothing until I lose weight. I have jeans ranging in size from 18-26 that I'll use to measure my progress in addition to the scale. My final, ultimate goal weight is 150 and it seems SO daunting since I still weigh over 400 lbs. I already know that if/when I get to Onderland I'm going to cry. I'm in the early stages of the process (psych and 2nd nut appointment are in September and still have to get medical clearance from my PCP and some other testing. I'm low-key freaking out about the upper endoscopy and gallbladder ultrasound) and haven't seen any loss yet but I'm hopeful. Y'all are such an inspiration!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Welcome to the thread!! I started in US 26-28 (had to order clothes online, could not find these sizes in actual stores) and now I’m about a US12, bought some size 10 (32 inch jeans) the other day. I have recent progress shots on the forum somewhere if you’re interested.

There are lots of ladies here who are achieving amazing things. I can’t wait to see what we will all accomplish!

Hey! I started at 355 (atleast that's how much I was when I finally had the courage to step on the scale!)
Got down to 326 for surgery.
I'm 8 months post op and weighed in at 233 yesterday! I had the sleeve.
Went from 4xl scrubs to an xo with room!
I struggle with food choices sometimes still, but that's part of the journey. I'm hoping to hit goal at 1 year post op. I'm aiming for 190! I'm 5'7

Screenshot_20180808-134309_Gallery.jpg IMG_20180808_135255_345.jpg 20180820_114149.jpg

12 hours ago, Nic C said:

happy this thread exists.

Me, too! At 5'2" my HW was 368 in 2017. At Surgery Consult I was 350 and today at 316. I struggle to remember when I last weighed that - many years ago, so it takes on a surreal feeling, one of disbelief and "can't quite get my head around that." 52 pounds is a 40# box of kitty litter and a 12# jug of it. I just lift one of each and marvel what my joints and bones and feet were having to lug around.