Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GALS who started their journey over 300 lb+<br /> +

5 hours ago, LaLaDee said:

My tummy is still huge. And it hangs kinda low. But it’s not loose skin. It’s pretty firm. I’ve tried to serve my tummy fat several eviction notices but it ain’t going anywhere. In the meantime, my ass is MIA. Could easily start wearing jeans backwards.

I have developed the dreaded "bellydo" as well.

Bellydo = "Her belly stick out more 'den her a$$ do!"

@bajasleeve how are you doing today and has your stall stayed gone? Watching your story as it unfolds.😝

Hi! Just found this thread today! I am 5 days post-op. Had VSG on 7/3. My highest weight was before I actually even saw the surgeon for the first consult - 362. (April, 2018) On my first consult, I was at 351. Day of surgery- 323. And today 5 days out I have been bouncing between 312 and 314. but I am super excited about where I am headed and the bounce up to 314 might be because I started purees yesterday. Tough day yesterday, I stuck to my guns and didn't eat anything, but I had a surprise Birthday Party for my hubby.....and good thing nothing there sounded good to eat! I took my greek yogurt and Protein Shake with me to be prepared :)

I am 4’11” and started with BMI about 61 I think. It’s about 51 now. I was 301 at consult. Have lost 46 lbs since March and hoping for July surgery date. Just waiting on insurance now. It seemed so daunting at first when I realized I had passed 300lbs but now I’m trying to see it as I just get to have bigger success. My goal weight is somewhere around 120 so that would be a 60% total body weight loss, or 180 lbs. I have high hopes and am looking forward! I’m excited to be 255 now and hope to lose a few more lbs before surgery.

Well folks I have gotten down to 321 ,still no surgery date, they guarantee I will have one on or before July 16th. I feel like the perpetual bridesmaid on here, now the wedding of me to my surgery is ahead in the distance. Just don't let it get stopped now!😛🏣😷

Hi! Just found this thread today! I am 5 days post-op. Had VSG on 7/3. My highest weight was before I actually even saw the surgeon for the first consult - 362. (April, 2018) On my first consult, I was at 351. Day of surgery- 323. And today 5 days out I have been bouncing between 312 and 314. but I am super excited about where I am headed and the bounce up to 314 might be because I started purees yesterday. Tough day yesterday, I stuck to my guns and didn't eat anything, but I had a surprise Birthday Party for my hubby.....and good thing nothing there sounded good to eat! I took my greek yogurt and Protein Shake with me to be prepared [emoji4]
Eating nothing is no good tho

Sent from my SM-G935F using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm not saying I ate nothing, I'm saying I was prepared to eat my allowed foods and not being able to eat party food didn't bother me at all. I wasn't craving it or wanting it at all. My yogurt did it for me.

I forgot about this awesome thread! I need a new community thread as my old August 2017 sleevers are no longer commenting regularly! It's so hard to believe that I'm 11 months post surgery. It has gone so quickly!

@Heather E It sounds like you did awesome! Surviving a party 5 days post op makes you a legend!

14 hours ago, TX4everLinds said:

I am 4’11” and started with BMI about 61 I think. It’s about 51 now. I was 301 at consult. Have lost 46 lbs since March and hoping for July surgery date. Just waiting on insurance now. It seemed so daunting at first when I realized I had passed 300lbs but now I’m trying to see it as I just get to have bigger success. My goal weight is somewhere around 120 so that would be a 60% total body weight loss, or 180 lbs. I have high hopes and am looking forward! I’m excited to be 255 now and hope to lose a few more lbs before surgery.

That is amazing! I am three weeks post op and have lost roughly 20 lbs. my starting weight before first meeting with surgeon was 305 lbs and I now weigh 265. A total loss of 40 lbs. I was wondering what your doing since you have been so successful in your journey before even having weight loss surgery. I want to maximize what I can do to lose the most weight possible. Oh, I’m 5’5 height.

Thanks!

Sabrena

I had my surgery (sleeve) on 6/18 and have lost 13 pounds so far. I seem to be stalled so I need to get moving. Feeling kind of weak though from not eating.

On 07/09/2018 at 08:40, SLEEVEDJune2018 said:

That is amazing! I am three weeks post op and have lost roughly 20 lbs. my starting weight before first meeting with surgeon was 305 lbs and I now weigh 265. A total loss of 40 lbs. I was wondering what your doing since you have been so successful in your journey before even having weight loss surgery. I want to maximize what I can do to lose the most weight possible. Oh, I’m 5’5 height.

Thanks!

Sabrena

Sabrena
I have been eating low carb. I’ve basically been doing a ketogenic diet. Low carb moderate Protein high fat. I’ve averaged about 11.5 lbs per month and have slowed down recently bc I’ve been having too many carbs. I want to get back into ketosis before surgery so that I’m burning fat during my liquids and post op weeks even when I’m not eating much. I’m hoping it will help me have more energy and lose faster also. Ketosis is basically when your body is starved of carbs so it switches to use fat for fuel instead.

First post! I'm currently at 360, my surgery is September 5th. It's been nice reading all of your experiences.

Sent from my HTC_M10h using BariatricPal mobile app

And I meet Tuesday 7/17/18 with my Bariatric Surgeon for,my final presurgical exam. I hopa,hopa it is getting Close! Within a week or 2 if things go right and I believe they will. Oh I am excited!😷&😛🏣

I have three days until surgery and my scale is reading 300.6lbs. Trying to power through the last few days of the liquid diet to get rid of that last pound or two! 😀