Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GALS who started their journey over 300 lb+<br /> +

I started my journey at my heaviest of 340lbs. I had bypass on 4/23 & weighed 311 before surgery. I currently weight 285lbs! It's been hard and I definitely wish I started at a lower weight but... I won't give up!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

For some reason, the app won’t let me quote...

Just wanted to say that I am inspired by all of you ladies and glad to see you here. It’s good to know you’re not alone. My starting weight is about 240 pounds above normal BMI, but I’m not sure how realistic it is to think I would lose that I am down 106 pounds at just about 3 weeks post op. I am feeling a little more at ease with my body—I can fit more easily in certain chairs, for example, and my mobility is a lot better. At 5 feet even and 362 pounds, I could barely walk a block, and I did 4 miles on the treadmill yesterday. I very much hope this can continue and I get back pieces of my life I worried we’re lost forever.

On 5/22/2018 at 2:34 PM, AshAsh1 said:

Ladies who are post op or who have lost a lot pre op thus far....HELP! My stomach is holding on to dear life! I'm so frustrated. I'm disappointed. I carry a lot of weight in my stomach, so it's natural that I still am struggling to loose there. But I'm 91lbs down and.... have went from a 24/26 to a 18/20. I have a couple pairs of stretchy work pants that are 16/18's. But I've only virtually went down 2 sizes. What gives people?!?

I have no solution, but I feel your pain! I caught myself in the mirror at the gym this morning, and I seem like I am all belly. I have always been larger in the stomach than anywhere else and smallest in the shoulders/chest, but now it seems even more pronounced. I've gone from a 34-36 to a 26-28 in pants, and I can pull on a 24, but I would love to see more movement here. And to somehow hang on to what I still have left in my bra!

@nicoleea we must be distant cousins or something, you,look like me and mine to be a family member, so you can tell we are lovely-looking people. You know our Dear Mum, the UK had a habit of transporting those they felt were not worth keeping there. Not sure whether mine could have been thieves, poachers of the King's Deer or for utter stupidity. Judging from my boy cousins on my Daddy's side it,would be the latter. Some are devious but there are a few bulbs missing from the chandelier. They tend to get caught and become guests of the state. Never committed a capital crime, no murderers. There are some in,my generation that haven't figured out the business end of a knife🔪and would tend to,look down the barrel,of a gun🔫. Ah what can you do? They are kinfolk, the story is you're permitted in life to choose your friends, well you would have to be pretty,desperate to choose one of these specimens of fine,young malehood. If the,police asked me, luckily I live in another town, if I had seen a couple of them. my answer would be "Why? What have they done now?" These precious limbs of Satan, their games of choice? Cowboys and Indians or Joan of Arc. Guess who got tied up? Yeah, the only thing saving me from getting burned to death? My aunt's wouldn't let them have matches.
Needless to say, I only see them at family,funerals if then.
Today I'm having trouble walking. Among my,handouts Thursday was a list of mild aerobic and cardiovascular,exercises. I did a set of 10,of each and today,i feel like I should put braces on both knees. Think,I'm walking like a sailor dumped ashore who doesn't have his land legs back. Maybe it doesn't look that bad but I sure feel that way. Told my son to bring me out my walker because I felt dizzy and unsteady. His answer"Just sit down Mum" s9 here in am on the front steps watching,him mow the yard. He's working hard so,i feel ashamed of complaining. I hope as I lose weight the lymphadema in my legs subsides especially the Left, it is the worst. I lost maybe 5 kg in the last month, sounds good but I have so much more to lose. And when I hurt I lose my enthusiasm for the whole thing. Yes I know i can't stay this heavy the rest of my life, yes I know the weight loss will improve my health and give me a chance for a longer life, but why do I have to hurt so bad in the process? I know it says in the Bible,to turn the other cheek but I do hate to be twice as bruised. Well it's clouding up, maybe it will rain , still not as hot as it gets in Australia, but I still don't have to,like it. 😪

Hi Frustr8!!! I somehow haven’t seen you around much lately. Anyway, my highest weight was 311! I did a full year of NUT visits per my insurance requirements and got down to 265. 13 day Optifast diet and on surgery day I was 255. 16 days after surgery I’m sitting pretty at 230.
I’m glad you started this thread! I was feeling like the super fat girl since it looked like most people were starting at 200 something. 😂

YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!! This thread! I'm thrilled and honored to be in the presence of you ladies. I honestly feel like it's a totally different experience when you have a BMI above 50 and sometimes there is so little to relate to when reading about smaller women's journeys, no matter how hard you try.

My highest known weight is 381 - I had stopped drinking soda and started trying to change my diet about two weeks before I saw that number so I'm assuming it was higher, 385+ at least. My BMI was 58, I believe. I weighed 367 when I first met with the surgeon and 342 on surgery day. No idea what I weigh right now but I'll know Friday :D

It's difficult to realize you need to lose 220+ pounds (the same weight as some women who have WLS!) in order to be a healthy weight, and particularly depressing when you look at statistics that say you'll likely only lose 70% of your excess weight.

Honestly, I like being "big and tall." I would really like to have a normal BMI for health reasons, but I don't expect or desire a "slim" silhouette. My secret wish is to play roller derby and I would love to have a solid, strong body with big skating thighs and hips I can bodycheck people with :lol: My only concern is my health, my fitness, and my mobility.

Well if you can believe Surgeon #1. I am nearly 200 pounds overweight, Thursday when I met with Valerie, my nurse-practioner, she asked what my goal weight,was. I played coy, I told her "work with your figures and see what you come up with" her answer,175-184. I laughed and said that was coincidence I had come up with 175 myself. After plotting and examined for myself, I am not too large on the upper story, the "girls" are a C-D cup but for a 320-330 person that is not large. What I am is an oversized Junior, if they ran to an upper range I am a 27 instead of a 26W so my dream size a 15 Junior, and I will make a good attempt to get there. Proudgrammy (kathy) says there is no try, you either do or don't do something. Seems a little strict but I won't argue with her, she may be more a success than I ever will be. So you have to lose a whole Bariatric woman, well I have have to lose at least a place kicker and that's still a human being. I would like anything less than 199 but let's see,how things work out. Sending a virtual hug because. a real one would hurt. 💜💞💚

Hey ladies! Newbie here! 😊
Like many of you, I am in a six-month pre-op program. I’m only two months in, so my surgery - the sleeve - will most likely be in October 2018. So far I have met with my surgeon and had a session with a dietician.
My starting weight on 4/26/18 at my consultation with my surgeon was 398 pounds. My current weight today (5/27/18) is 406.4 pounds (also my highest weight).
I just wanted to take a minute to say hello and introduce myself. I look forward to supporting each other throughout our individual journeys! 😊

Hi sleeve4me2018, howdy neighbor! You're in West Virginia and I'm in Ohio, a little closer to surgery, maybe June, probably July. I started out in August 2015 and I think,i can see the finish line ahead. Long stories, I'm not disappearing anywhere, after my surgery I'll still be around. If you have any questions, just ask. I will talk and usually do,on any and all subjects.

On 05/27/2018 at 21:22, Frustr8 said:

Hi sleeve4me2018, howdy neighbor! You're in West Virginia and I'm in Ohio, a little closer to surgery, maybe June, probably July. I started out in August 2015 and I think,i can see the finish line ahead. Long stories, I'm not disappearing anywhere, after my surgery I'll still be around. If you have any questions, just ask. I will talk and usually do,on any and all subjects.
Thanks for the warm welcome, Frustr8! Oooh, June/July! Excited for you! 😄

While scrolling through past postings I noticed there is" Guys who started over 400lbs" in the Guys Room. Well I believe if there is" gravy for the rooster" there certainly should be "gravy for the hen " especially those of us with meatier drumsticks. Are there challenges we face that aren't faced by our 200 lb sisters? Do we tend to lose weight faster or slower than smaller flock members?
Weigh in my sisters, weigh in!

My Highest weight was my pre-surgery weight of 335. I lost 19 lbs 10 days pre surgery and just celebrated my one year surgeriversary. I have lost 148 lbs and now wear size 10-12.

At 280 I started training with a personal trainer and am now the fittest I have been since I was a teenager.

Before surgery I had mentally prepared myself for the possibility I would be in the average range of 60 percent of excess body weight lost but as I got stronger and fitter my view changed and I realized r results were completely in my hands.

While the speed of my weight loss surprised me ;(diabetic, 50 years old and went immediately into menopause after surgery), I am thankful for the boost but still have a lot of work to do.

Keep up he hard work ladies! We can do this!

One thing I don't like about losing weight: I'm losing my boobs, too! They were already fairly small for my size (barely a C cup at 400+ pounds is not exactly substantial), and now they're even smaller -- and, most annoyingly, FLATTER. Got a new bra and had to get a B cup, which is ridiiiiiiiiculous to me. Who on earth needs a B cup at 350+ pounds?!?! Me, apparently. I hope they don't get any smaller!

05/28/2018 03:06 PM, istytehcrawk said:

One thing I don't like about losing weight: I'm losing my boobs, too! They were already fairly small for my size (barely a C cup at 400+ pounds is not exactly substantial), and now they're even smaller -- and, most annoyingly, FLATTER. Got a new bra and had to get a B cup, which is ridiiiiiiiiculous to me. Who on earth needs a B cup at 350+ pounds?!?! Me, apparently. I hope they don't get any smaller!

It’s crazy how our bodies decide where to lose from! I also lost 3 cup sizes. But I stared out at a DDD. So I was happy to get rid of them.

I was just over 300 lbs at my surgery date - 12/18/17 and I’m currently at 240 lbs. it’s hard to not compare myself to others that I’ve watched go through the process as I feel like I’m ‘behind the average’, but I’ve also been battling some issues that have made me malnourished - which can halt weight loss and is making my hair fall out like CRAZY!!

The biggest issue I’ve noticed so far is that I’ve haven’t had to get smaller sized clothes yet. It’s hard to wrap my mind around since I’ve lost 60+ lbs but my clothes are still fitting (albeit looser). I think I just really underestimated how large I was since I carried it so well.

On 05/22/2018 at 14:34, AshAsh1 said:

Ladies who are post op or who have lost a lot pre op thus far....HELP! My stomach is holding on to dear life! I'm so frustrated. I'm disappointed. I carry a lot of weight in my stomach, so it's natural that I still am struggling to loose there. But I'm 91lbs down and.... have went from a 24/26 to a 18/20. I have a couple pairs of stretchy work pants that are 16/18's. But I've only virtually went down 2 sizes. What gives people?!?

I’m the same way but haven’t lost as much weight as you. Someone explained to me that the weight we’re loosing is (obviously) from all over but it’s also coming from our muscles and organs - the stuff we can’t see but can definitely feel.