Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GALS who started their journey over 300 lb+<br /> +

Ladies who are post op or who have lost a lot pre op thus far....HELP! My stomach is holding on to dear life! I'm so frustrated. I'm disappointed. I carry a lot of weight in my stomach, so it's natural that I still am struggling to loose there. But I'm 91lbs down and.... have went from a 24/26 to a 18/20. I have a couple pairs of stretchy work pants that are 16/18's. But I've only virtually went down 2 sizes. What gives people?!?

I bet if you did a "mock" pre op diet that 6lbs would melt off. I lost around 25lbs doing the pre op diet.

yes that’s what i’ve been thinking of doing! i just ordered my premier shakes so when they get here i think that’s what i’ll do

3 hours ago, AshAsh1 said:

I can def see a difference in your waste! Glad you joined the group.

Thanks! All I tend to notice is my boobs being gone!

My gut is stubborn too, I have no idea how to tackle that. What stinks is my breasts and butt are getting smaller and making my gut look bigger. Do u go to a gym? Maybe a trainer would have some good tips.

Edited by YeahOkay31

It is definitely challenging having close to 200 or more pounds to lose.

Most of my adult life I hovered in the 270 range and gained and lost the same 20-30 pounds over and over again like many of us seemed to. I was able to lose small amounts of weight but never able to keep it off long term.

The last few years before my surgery I felt stuck in a stressful job and discovered I was hypothyroid and this added over 100 pounds to my body. I was utterly and completely miserable. My highest known weight was 389 pounds and my consult weight was 384 pounds. My surgical weight was 369 pounds.

Sometimes I do think about how things would be if I hadn’t let myself get so far down that road. Maybe I’d be close to goal if I would have had surgery at 270 vs 370 but this is defeatist thinking that is not helpful. I am really trying to focus on moving forward and not dwelling on the past.

I am halfway to goal and if it takes me two years to get there then so be it. Getting to goal would mean a loss of 194 pounds for me, and that’s an enormous accomplishment.

And Kim I think you can do it. Accordiing to previous Bariatric Surgeon I am 180,lbs over-weight, if he didn't recognize,how wonderful I am, could he be wrong about that also? But anyway I am going to keep on keeping on until surgery and my new and improved life can start. Like you I don't know how long it will take to get down to my personal goal of weight but I am going to do it, Slim and trim I doubt but fitter and a smaller sitter, that I CAN ACHIEVE!😛👍

Ladies who are post op or who have lost a lot pre op thus far....HELP! My stomach is holding on to dear life! I'm so frustrated. I'm disappointed. I carry a lot of weight in my stomach, so it's natural that I still am struggling to loose there. But I'm 91lbs down and.... have went from a 24/26 to a 18/20. I have a couple pairs of stretchy work pants that are 16/18's. But I've only virtually went down 2 sizes. What gives people?!?

How has your exercise been? I know personal trainers can be expensive but some gyms allow free trials. A personal trainer could give you some exercises specifically for your tummy area.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m starting at 350 I am also 5feet even and I feel like so many woman on here have started at like 250 or lower and I’m just sitting here like wow I wish I was 250 right now lol but my surgery is May 30th and I can’t be any more ready and nervous at the same time!! Here goes nothing! On to better health and a better life! We can all support each other I’d love to have someone to talk to along this journey!!

How has your exercise been? I know personal trainers can be expensive but some gyms allow free trials. A personal trainer could give you some exercises specifically for your tummy area.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I was working out 5 days a week. Cardio for 30 mins and weight lifting for nearly an hour. It’s been a few weeks though because I’ve been swamped since summer commenced. But I’m getting back at it ASAP.

Most of my adult life I hovered in the 270 range and gained and lost the same 20-30 pounds over and over again like many of us seemed to. I was able to lose small amounts of weight but never able to keep it off long term.
The last few years before my surgery I felt stuck in a stressful job and discovered I was hypothyroid and this added over 100 pounds to my body. I was utterly and completely miserable. My highest known weight was 389 pounds and my consult weight was 384 pounds. My surgical weight was 369 pounds.
Sometimes I do think about how things would be if I hadn’t let myself get so far down that road. Maybe I’d be close to goal if I would have had surgery at 270 vs 370 but this is defeatist thinking that is not helpful. I am really trying to focus on moving forward and not dwelling on the past.
I am halfway to goal and if it takes me two years to get there then so be it. Getting to goal would mean a loss of 194 pounds for me, and that’s an enormous accomplishment.

I’m in the same boat! To be at ideal weight I need to loose 200lbs. My first goal is 150lbs though.

I have similar regrets. I should have done this when I reached 250. Even 275. But I’m glad I finally did it. That’s all we can do.

I’m 5’7” and at my heaviest I was 321 but when I started my journey I was 309. My surgery date is 6/28/18. At the end of my 7 months of required nutrition visits I was 283. But then I got on birth control and ballooned up to 294. I was told not to worry about it because the liquid diet will take the weight off but it is very annoying 🤦🏽‍♀️

Well when I was in my mid 200s I thought I was fated to live out my life at 245-250, sure I knew it was,how the healthiest of sizes but at that I'd vary ⬆and⬇ the famous 5 pounds, then suddenly I ballooned out over 300 pounds, what happened? I really didn't get that much less active, then the pounds started sneaking on, I was holding uneasily at 325 pounds, Frussie old girl, I said we must bring the PCP into the mix because decreasing portion size and walking more was not helping. So off I marched my plump drumsticks,into the doctors office. Doctor Dear,I said , I think its time to enlist the help of a diet drug. So I got a script for Phenteramine and set out to use It. Oh I used it religiously, ever time I said "Oh Lord, Please make this work!" at the end of the month I marched into the office and climbed into the scale. Had I lost weight? Oh, no I had gained 30 bubbly pounds-- In strolled Dr PCP, took one look at my chart, uttered the professional equivalent of WTF and said I was going back to the Bariatric Surgeon, did I want him to make the appointment or would I go quietly and willingly?
So off I went to Columbus, humbled myself and resumed with the same one I already went,through before, did everything over again and then still I got denied my surgery, so I'm,trying again once,more at perhaps where I should have been at the beginning, these people seem to truly want me, work with me and things look good. Have I lost bundles of weight? No just the evil 30 lbs and a little more, but I'm still sticking to it, even while it is so wearing. I have been in this fight since August 2015, Hector was a pup then and now he's a full grown dog. And people who started long after me receive their surgery, and like the world's oldest cheerleader, I wave my pompoms and urge them on. And they climb,to the top,them slide downhill on the other side into the future. Just a flash of light and then yet another ones gone.
Thursday I find out,when, how soon and whether there is anything more to do, cause if there isn't give me the verdompt,surgery, give me a date. I'll hitch a ride if necessary, just give me a date to hang my hopes on. PLEASE?😪

7 hours ago, nschillinger said:

I was 415 on the date of my surgery. I’m a year out and I’ve lost 130lbs!

That’s fantastic! :D