Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GALS who started their journey over 300 lb+<br /> +

Hello ladies!!!! My highest weight was 437 before I decided to change my life. I started seeing my dietician and worked my butt off to drop to 376 before DS surgery. I've lost 27 pounds in the first month post op and finally am starting to feel better. I have hit a stall the last few days, just hanging out... not losing, not gaining. It's so frustrating! I have to remind myself that this is a marathon, not a sprint. Congratulations on everyone's success!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

MN Girl, so happy to hear from you and also to hear of a nice loss like that. Stay the course, the stall will break soon!😝

Hi there. When I initially decided to lose weight I was 335. At my consult I was 318, my DOS I was 290. As of today I am 272 and I’m 2 weeks post op.

I’ve been blessed to have a lot of support, I’ve also had to let go of a few relationships. Everyday is a new day and I. Trying to do better.

Hi there. When I initially decided to lose weight I was 335. At my consult I was 318, my DOS I was 290. As of today I am 272 and I’m 2 weeks post op.

I’ve been blessed to have a lot of support, I’ve also had to let go of a few relationships. Everyday is a new day and I. Trying to do better.

Glad you joined the thread! Congrats on your loss!

I’m very happy to see this thread. I began my journey back in February. My SW was 338 and CW is 314. Hoping to finally get my surgery date tomorrow. Planning to have a sleeve. I haven’t weighed less than 250 lbs. in over 20 years. I worry it’s not possible!! Have any of you that started over 300lbs. had the sleeve or has everyone done bypass? 

Thanks!

hey guys! i just started my process in february, i’m still in pre-op stages without a surgery date yet. though it’s looking like it will be early/mid august. my starting weight was 347, i went down to 343 and im back up to 349 now so my team wants me to get down to 343 again before they schedule me. i’m 22

I feel like all the clothes I'm wearing are all tired, worn and dated. I may end up dumping all in the trash, no I wasn't raised to be wasteful, but I purposely didn't update my wardrobe because I don't know how much longer I'll be this size. It is hard to be passionate. when this has stopped and started so many times, can I still,believe in it all? it gets rough whe your friends that started later get their surgeries sooner. Oh yes I am happy for each and every one of them, but a. little jealous voice inside mutters " It should have me, yes, me! Isn't it my. turn now?" and most of the time I can stuff "whiney willie-jean" back down in her cave, but she has a habit of bobbing back to the surface. And she is jealous, unbelievably jealous of the whole proceedings. And it's now 1:30 in the morning and perhaps tomorrow will bring something good for me. Nite Nite Everybody!😪👓

1 hour ago, Frustr8 said:

I feel like all the clothes I'm wearing are all tired, worn and dated. I may end up dumping all in the trash, no I wasn't raised to be wasteful, but I purposely didn't update my wardrobe because I don't know how much longer I'll be this size. It is hard to be passionate. when this has stopped and started so many times, can I still,believe in it all? it gets rough whe your friends that started later get their surgeries sooner. Oh yes I am happy for each and every one of them, but a. little jealous voice inside mutters " It should have me, yes, me! Isn't it my. turn now?" and most of the time I can stuff "whiney willie-jean" back down in her cave, but she has a habit of bobbing back to the surface. And she is jealous, unbelievably jealous of the whole proceedings. And it's now 1:30 in the morning and perhaps tomorrow will bring something good for me. Nite Nite Everybody!😪👓

I hope it does get better for you. I totally understand the "It should have been me" voice in your head. Just stick in there and hopefully things will start to look up and you can update your wardrobe but in a smaller size.

I’m in this club! My highest weight was probably in the 380-390 range. When I started the process in late January, I was 340lbs. I’m currently around 314lbs and scheduled for RNY July 17th. My personal goal before surgery is to get back in the 200s, but who knows if I’ll make that! I met my surgeon’s goal so it’s not a dealbreaker if I don’t meet my own.

8 hours ago, saygrace said:

hey guys! i just started my process in february, i’m still in pre-op stages without a surgery date yet. though it’s looking like it will be early/mid august. my starting weight was 347, i went down to 343 and im back up to 349 now so my team wants me to get down to 343 again before they schedule me. i’m 22

I bet if you did a "mock" pre op diet that 6lbs would melt off. I lost around 25lbs doing the pre op diet.

Hi everyone! I started the process in February and my SW was 343. I am down to 314. My surgery is scheduled for August 20th. I have all my pre op testing done except one more blood draw and 3 more visits with the nutritionist.

Hi all, joining the party. When I was 21 I found myself at 305 and it freaked me out, and I went on a severe diet. I dropped 112 pounds in a year, but after I met my husband and quit smoking I was back up to 305. And then marriage added another 72! My highest was 377 in 2011. From 2011-2017 I was able to get down to 315, but I kept bouncing back and forth from 335 to 315. When I decided to start the sleeve journey I was 333. On my surgery day, 4/27/18, I was 303, and nearly 4 weeks post op I am 278.

I question my choice constantly. I am discouraged by the 3 week stall, I miss food, I hate the nausea and the heartburn and all the pills. I am super tired. I know a lot of people regret their sleeve the first month. I just hope to get out of this funk soon.

Here is my progress.

B&A.JPEG

39 minutes ago, YeahOkay31 said:

Hi all, joining the party. When I was 21 I found myself at 305 and it freaked me out, and I went on a severe diet. I dropped 112 pounds in a year, but after I met my husband and quit smoking I was back up to 305. And then marriage added another 72! My highest was 377 in 2011. From 2011-2017 I was able to get down to 315, but I kept bouncing back and forth from 335 to 315. When I decided to start the sleeve journey I was 333. On my surgery day, 4/27/18, I was 303, and nearly 4 weeks post op I am 278.

I question my choice constantly. I am discouraged by the 3 week stall, I miss food, I hate the nausea and the heartburn and all the pills. I am super tired. I know a lot of people regret their sleeve the first month. I just hope to get out of this funk soon.

Here is my progress.

B&A.JPEG

I can def see a difference in your waste! Glad you joined the group.