Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid post-op diet sucks

I totally feel your pain! I just want to sleep all day so I’ll get closer to when I can actually eat something again 😵

On 5/19/2018 at 6:05 PM, sillykitty said:

In my liquid stage I really loved Trader Joe's Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup. If you don't have a Trader Joe's near you, I think Pacific actually makes it, and you can buy their branded version. I also made and blended lentil Soup. I made it well seasoned with herbs and spices. I added a splash of red wine vinegar to my serving. I've also found some of the Soups here on Bariatric Pal to be asty, especially the Beef & Vegetable, chicken w Pasta and Vegan Lentil. All the Soups were savory and helped balance all the sweet Protein Drinks.

I was in Sprouts last night...they have it as well...

As of yesterday, officially off the full liquid diet and on to soft foods. I was so damn happy but I still have to drink RTD Protein Drinks daily.

I bought alot of Torani sugar free syrups, and it helped with making boring Protein drinks somewhat better. Also, I found a protein ice cream called Enlightened Ice Cream. It was my jam. So smooth and sat well in my belly. It helped keep my sanity until follow up. The chips are so tiny and melt in your mouth. Its just a frozen mint Protein Drink on a stick but helps fool the mind!!!

image.png.e96052d54add3483bd99f3e1c954b7e6.png

On May 19, 2018 at 2:12 PM, t1018ross said:

I was sleeved on 5/7 and I'm so done with this liquid phase too. I get to start pureed foods Monday and have to do that for 3 weeks then 2 weeks of soft foods and finally solids on June 25! I can't stand the Protein Shakes. They are so sweet and nasty. I started getting a few hunger pains this past week but still don't have the desire to eat because I'm so sick of everything I'm allowed to have at this point. Anyone having a hard time with the Vitamins? I can't stomach them at all. I've been grumpy and moody and regretting this decision half the time. But when I look at pictures of my fat self I'm glad I did it. Hope it gets easier with the pureed stage.

Hi I'm 5 days post op and I can't tolerate the Vitamins either, which makes me nervous since they're the only nutrition I'm getting outside of shakes... Does anyone know if liquid vitamins are available?

As of yesterday, officially off the full liquid diet and on to soft foods. I was so damn happy but I still have to drink RTD Protein Drinks daily.
I bought alot of Torani sugar free syrups, and it helped with making boring Protein drinks somewhat better. Also, I found a protein ice cream called Enlightened Ice Cream. It was my jam. So smooth and sat well in my belly. It helped keep my sanity until follow up. The chips are so tiny and melt in your mouth. Its just a frozen mint Protein Drink on a stick but helps fool the mind!!!
image.png.e96052d54add3483bd99f3e1c954b7e6.png

These are very good...I received a coupon from the support group I attend.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

3 hours ago, MyLife2.0 said:

Hi I'm 5 days post op and I can't tolerate the Vitamins either, which makes me nervous since they're the only nutrition I'm getting outside of shakes... Does anyone know if liquid vitamins are available?

liquid vitamins are so gross, well the ones I had...Depending on your doctors you should be able to have chewable vitamins by the 2nd or 3 rd week. The Vitamin chews are yummy.

On 05/28/2018 at 09:47, MyLife2.0 said:

I’m 18 days post VSG and I still can’t handle the Vitamin chewies. My NUT gave me the go ahead to take 3-4 flintstones Vitamins a day. I’m not getting the Calcium, but the other stuff is ok. There’s something about the texture of the chewies that I just can’t handle yet. And to me they are really sweet too. I’m on soft food phase, but I only have one of those a day. I stick to fluids for the rest. I can’t push myself or I end up getting sick. I think there are liquid vitamins by Torani but the reviews seem split 50-50. I’m just giving it more time.

I’m 8 days post op of struggling with these shakes. I too am making Soups which are nice but I’m craving something I can chew on.

I had surgery on 5/23- this phase sucks, no other way to describe it. I’m wondering if anyone out there is experiencing aversions to any of these items on this phase- for example, used to love soft boiled eggs, now just the thought of them makes me nauseous... same with some soups...will this pass??

Gee guys reading and re reading all this! Found out OSU does liver skrink,their,patients. Former place,did not. Well I promised I'd be good and behave for this new chance, guess I'll eat my words because it may be all I'm eating for a while.😧