Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so glad to hear everything's ok!!!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using BariatricPal mobile app

So glad it is nothing serious! Please take care of yourself!

HW: 225
SW: 214 (5/2/2018)
CW: 207
GW: 145

55 minutes ago, moondoggie1983 said:

Well nothing requires surgery. Looks like inflammation of the lower esophagus so it’s all IV and overnight for me. My surgeon is on the way here to check me out as well.

HW: 311
SW: 255 VSG
CW: 243.0
First goal weight: 209
Second goal weight: 191 lbs
Third goal weight: 159 lbs
Final Goal weight: 142 lbs

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

Well at least that is reasonably good news. Here's to a good night of rest, rehydration and reassurance.

Many of us follow, but don’t always post. Thank you so much for keeping us updated! I hope the inflammation goes down soon and I am glad you are okay. Please keep posting I worry about some of the posts that say “going to the Doctor on Monday”, and then nothing...

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry you guys. I just got my room assignment and it’s 272! I am in the SAME ROOM I WAS IN A WEEK AGO AFTER MY SURGERY!!! Happy one week anniversary to 272 and myself I guess! 🥂🥂

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

Welcome everybody to the Moongoggie Memorial Suite. Yes it is an exclusive area, yes so resistrictive your name has to be Moongoggie to enter yonder door. Yes it does come with bed, handcrafted by the inmates of the North Carolina state penal system , and designed,to be exceedingly as comfortable as smooth surface concrete. Over here is a washbasin sink with mirror over top, this helps to put on your makeup. And yonder is the,piwder room wher3 you powd er your nose. And today's limited time offer; This room comes with a FLOOR. Yes yes, please don't applaud, you'll turn my head with such flattery! Now moving on.......

Welcome everybody to the Moongoggie Memorial Suite. Yes it is an exclusive area, yes so resistrictive your name has to be Moongoggie to enter yonder door. Yes it does come with bed, handcrafted by the inmates of the North Carolina state penal system , and designed,to be exceedingly as comfortable as smooth surface concrete. Over here is a washbasin sink with mirror over top, this helps to put on your makeup. And yonder is the,piwder room wher3 you powd er your nose. And today's limited time offer; This room comes with a FLOOR. Yes yes, please don't applaud, you'll turn my head with such flattery! Now moving on.......

I love you Frustr8! You always make my day.

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

1 hour ago, okayestmom said:

Many of us follow, but don’t always post. Thank you so much for keeping us updated! I hope the inflammation goes down soon and I am glad you are okay. Please keep posting I worry about some of the posts that say “going to the Doctor on Monday”, and then nothing...

Yes. This ^^^^^ Please keep us posted. Will be keeping you in my thoughts

Hang in there and I hope it resolves quickly!

Just a quick update: I left the hospital AMA. I was there for ELEVEN HOURS. It took 3 hours in the ER to get 1 bag of Fluid IV with the reglan and Prilosec. Another hour and a half to get the CT scan. Over an hour to get the results, which were ready after 17 minutes. Then I got another IV (just fluid, no meds) and was taken upstairs to my room. When I hadn’t heard a word from anyone at midnight I walked to the nurses station and asked what was up. I hadn’t had any of my daily meds (some are psychiatric so IMPORTANT) and I’d been sitting with an empty IV bag for 4 hours. Well, turns out my doctor had left for a vacation this evening but decided to be on call and do all his work through the computer system. Well that’s fine, but after FOUR HOURS he still hadn’t submitted ANY orders for me. They tried to email him, no response. They called him, voicemail full. They tried to text him, no response. So I told them to get the paperwork I’m signing myself out. They tried to pull the old BS line about if you leave AMA your insurance won’t cover your stay. Which is bogus. Sorry guys, but I’ve worked in lots of medical fields, including billing, and that’s not true. So, I left. I just got home.
I know there are going to be people who think this was a stupid decision, and if that’s you opinion, fine. But for me it was the right way to go for several reasons. One, like I said, I’ve worked in medical. The CT came back clean and I drank 3 full cups of nasty contrast in 60 minutes to have that test performed, so I’m obviously able to take in fluids again. Two, I’ve been dehydrated before (and much worse than this considering I had no dehydration symptoms and was just trying to be proactive) and the typical treatment is 1-3 IV bags and back out the door. Three, not being able to contact my doctor and providing NOTHING, not even my regularly prescribed medications, is completely unacceptable and I would be able to treat myself better at home, for free. And four, if they were to provide me with any prescription medications it would be the reglan and a scopolamine patch. The patch gives me hives and I never was nauseous to begin with. And I would NEVER take Reglan outside of 1-2 IV doses. It has incredibly terrible side effects that are irreversible. These include Tardive Dyskenesia, Parkinsonism, dystonia, depression and suicide (I’m already bipolar so no thanks!) and Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrom. Sorry, but like I said I’ve worked all over in medical, so I know the games.
Just an FYI, I was a CPhT, an MA, a CNA, a medical biller and worked in plastics, endocrinology and ENT. So I know the risks.
The whole situation was completely unacceptable and I am incredibly disappointed in this facility’s hospital and ER departments.
And here’s the real effing problem. The doctor on call tonight? The one who went on vacation and no one could reach? THAT IS MY SURGEON!!! Now, he’s top notch. Best in this area of the US. But, for any type of immediate care, I will be going to my PCP or my PCP’s ER. He can check on my surgical sites, run labs and do weigh ins, but I’ll be taking any serious issues that hopefully don’t pop up to my regular provider. I am MORE than satisfied with the pre-op and actual operation portion of this journey and I would still recommend him AS A SURGEON to anyone. But for follow-up or emergencies? Not a chance.
So, agree with my decision to leave AMA or not, but I did, I consider it the best choice for myself and I am independently educated in many aspects of the healthcare system.
What I experienced today was complete bull.
Oh. And I’ve already had 16oz of Water since I got the vending machine on my way out and it’s been peachy keen. I also picked up nexium to add to my Prilosec to decrease my stomachs production of acid each day.
Anyway, thanks for being there for me everyone! It meant so much to not be completely alone. I hope none of you have to deal with anything like this. Bless you all and have a wonderful night.

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

My,nibby but well'⏰lmeaning old woman instincts -Lunar Puppy- you did the right thing. Isn't it wild our credentials are so similar you could be my Godchild. Remember
my litany.
Right day
Right time
Right action
for a right conclusion
For the right person -You
For the optimal solution.
You fulfill all those- No Regrets so
On with Life🙏😝

Sounds to me like you just followed different medical advice - your own. Hope all goes well.

Sounds like a real circle jerk, especially not providing you with your routine medications that you need and not having any orders after that long. How in the world can your surgeon be on call and unreachable....that is just crazy.

It is hard with a medical background to be patient and roll with things, I am not too good at it myself. Fortunately, I have used one healthcare system here (Baylor Scott and White) and in 15 years I have very few complaints. I love my PCM and all three of the surgeons I have had in the last 4 years.

I hope you stay on the mend and are able to get back on track girl!!