Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 05/30/2018 at 18:45, BetterEveryDay said:

Hey guys, well I’m on the losers bench! RnY at 10.30am today, was up and about at 2pm.

Not gonna lie, the gas pain is uncomfortable but just about tolerable. Hard to get liquids down as I am nervous of my new digestive system!

Good luck to all you guys!
Mine was at 2 today! Congrats chica!!! Let’s stay in touch

Was sleeved yesterday and the pain was not expected. I have had problems with my heart rate being to low so can not have a lot of pain medication. My O2 levels are low as well. Well just graduated to 4 oz of fluids a hour

hey Azmassage,

sorry to hear about your pain. Mine has also been unexpectedly sore - they are pretty stingy with the morphine here! I’m also on oxygen- I think because of the discomfort I am not taking proper breaths.

I do hope the next 24 hours give you an easier ride XX

Hey Miss Smiles, yes, i’d Like a recovery buddy! It’s 2am here in the uk and I can’T sleep.

Can’t believe I am on the other side - the start of a whole new life for me.

and also .... I feel like I don’t have a clue what I am doing! How will I drink 60 oz of Water when it takes me 2 hours to drink a glass full! 😜

Hope your recovery continues to go well!

Today is my surgery eve...10:30 in the morning seems so far away right now! So much anticipation!!!!!!

On 05/30/2018 at 21:17, BetterEveryDay said:

Hey Miss Smiles, yes, i’d Like a recovery buddy! It’s 2am here in the uk and I can’T sleep.

Can’t believe I am on the other side - the start of a whole new life for me.

and also .... I feel like I don’t have a clue what I am doing! How will I drink 60 oz of Water when it takes me 2 hours to drink a glass full! 😜

Hope your recovery continues to go well!

I can’t figure this app out on my phone. I’ll try to send a private message to you. I’m in NY, it’s 11 here I’m not getting any sleep yet

5 hours ago, Azmassage said:

Dose anyone else feel like they have something stuck in there esophagus/stomach? I find it so uncomfortable

Yepp!! Sleeved yesterday at 1 pm and today the chest pressure is uncomfortable for sure. I’ve been trying to walk and burp.

19 hours ago, miss_smiles said:

I’m in recovery!!!!!!! My surgery went well. Thank you all my lovely kind fellow humans ❤️😘❤️ my one complaint is they won’t give me that button so when I press it, it automatically gives me pain meds. They’re saying when they put me in a room, they can only give me something once every 3 hours. I strongly Suggest talking about this to your surgeon before surgery, because they called him twice, and asked him and he thinks I do not need it, whatever your pain threshold is; just say 10! Regardless of how you feel, cause with this opioid epidemic going on, they’re extremely stingy and I don’t want anyone else crying like I did. ❤️

I hear ya Miss Smiles. I wasn't able to get any opioids at all, they only gave me toradol, tramadol and tylenol. Now as I sit here, I am in quite a bit of pain. It sucks but I'm trying to stay positive. Glad you came out of surgery ok.

I am may 29 can’t seem to find anyone going in on the same date

How are uou doing azmassage. Are you home yet? How r u feeling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

So.. how’s everyone who got their surgery? was it anything like you expected?

Congrats btw

Yo-Yo Girl from New York City :)

I’m in soooo much pain! They gave me Percocet which is helping a bit, but it’s not strong enough. I’m also drinking children’s liquid Tylenol. I can barely move my torso. Lying down and getting up is torture, but my back hurts from lying down too long. Can’t sleep on my stomach which I am used to. Hopefully things get better after the first week. Oh yeah, and I’m supposed to be on full liquids now that I’m home from the hospital, that is not happening. I can barely get down a half of bottle of bai Water.

Hey miss smiles, hang in there! You will feel better in a day or so! I’m getting the liquids down so far - 40 oz of Water today plus my Vitamins. I mixed my Protein Shake with water and coffee this am to get 20 oz. took me 2 hours to drink it! My guts sound like thunder, but the gas is certainly finding it’s way out 😜. Honestly, keep trucking on, every 6 hours or so from where you are I felt better! Xxx

On 06/01/2018 at 07:11, BetterEveryDay said:

Hey miss smiles, hang in there! You will feel better in a day or so! I’m getting the liquids down so far - 40 oz of Water today plus my Vitamins. I mixed my Protein Shake with Water and coffee this am to get 20 oz. took me 2 hours to drink it! My guts sound like thunder, but the gas is certainly finding it’s way out 😜. Honestly, keep trucking on, every 6 hours or so from where you are I felt better! Xxx
Thanks girl. I will try!!! I’m supposed to drink a shake today, maybe I’ll try later on. Right now I can’t even get out of bed 😮 thanks for the encouragement! Will def keep you posted. And you to me please! Lol

8 hours ago, miss_smiles said:

I’m in soooo much pain! They gave me Percocet which is helping a bit, but it’s not strong enough. I’m also drinking children’s liquid Tylenol. I can barely move my torso. Lying down and getting up is torture, but my back hurts from lying down too long. Can’t sleep on my stomach which I am used to. Hopefully things get better after the first week. Oh yeah, and I’m supposed to be on full liquids now that I’m home from the hospital, that is not happening. I can barely get down a half of bottle of bai Water.

Just take it one day at a time. Yesterday I was miserable, so much gas, not able to have a BM, stomach pain, not able to take in much for fluids. Today, has been much better so far. You will get there.