Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

13 Days Post-Op and Scale Stuck for a Week!

Greetings!

Looking for a bit of encouragement! The scale dropped 7 lbs during the first week post-op. Since the 8th day post-op, the scale hasn’t moved an ounce!

I’m getting all 60 grams of Protein and all my fluids and walking 10,000 steps a day. Averaging 800 calories from sugar-free Greek yogurt, tuna with low fat mayo, chicken breast, and low-fat cream Soups.

I feel great, by the way.

HW: 225

SW: 214 (5/2/2018)

CW: 207

GW: 145

I was in the same boat as you are in my first few weeks. I actually had two week long stalls within the first month after surgery.

Try and stay off the scales for a bit. If you continue to stick to your plan, the scale will move again. Promise!

I just went for my 2 week post op today even though my surgery was 4/24. They told me to eat less than 600 calories a day. I too have stopped losing. I also saw that this is a very common thing especially around week 3. I was told not to get discouraged that it will start to come off. Just keep doing what you are supposed to do and I am sure you will be fine. I have only lost 10 lbs since my surgery but people are telling me that I look like I have lost weight.

I was in the same boat as you are in my first few weeks. I actually had two week long stalls within the first month after surgery.
Try and stay off the scales for a bit. If you continue to stick to your plan, the scale will move again. Promise!

Thanks...I needed to hear this!

I just went for my 2 week post op today even though my surgery was 4/24. They told me to eat less than 600 calories a day. I too have stopped losing. I also saw that this is a very common thing especially around week 3. I was told not to get discouraged that it will start to come off. Just keep doing what you are supposed to do and I am sure you will be fine. I have only lost 10 lbs since my surgery but people are telling me that I look like I have lost weight.

Thanks, Syndie! It is so good to hear from others who have been there, done that!

If you are working out with cardio and strength training there is also muscle mass being built. More importantly is the fit of your clothes, how you feel and your body analysis. Keep strong!

It's the totally normal 3rd week stall a bit early. If you do a search, you can find around 10,356 posts about it. Seems around 98% of us experience it. There's a science-y explaination for it, but in laymens terms it's just our bodies taking a break from the initial large losses. You'll continue to lose once it passes, I promise. It also won't be your last stall ;-)

Yes my doctor explained to me that it is really hard on our bodies to lose lots of weight (anything more than 2lbs a week) so it will often take a break and then after that break you might pick up right where you left off or you might have a big loss right away. My doc suggested only weighing myself on the 1st and the 15th of every month. That might be easier said than done though! I might have to get my hubby to hid the scale from me!! lol

If you are working out with cardio and strength training there is also muscle mass being built. More importantly is the fit of your clothes, how you feel and your body analysis. Keep strong!

That is the funny thing. My clothes feel much baggier even with the stall. You’ve got this figured out!

Thanks!